Rideshare companies, like Lyft, provide a key service to the residents of Cape Coral. You can quickly summon a ride to your destination at the tap of a button. This service is beneficial if you are grabbing drinks with friends or headed somewhere with minimal parking. Riding in a Lyft is not without its risks, though.
Were you recently injured in a Lyft car accident? You have several options to secure compensation. First, if your personal injury protection (PIP) coverage tops out, you could file a liability insurance request with the responsible party’s insurer. A Cape Coral Lyft accident lawyer from the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine can support you during this difficult time and ensure you understand the details of your case.
Working with a Lyft Car Accident Lawyer
As your legal team, we have two goals. First, we intend to give you peace of mind. The aftermath of a Lyft accident can be stressful and confusing. You may have significant medical bills and be unsure of how to proceed. With us in your corner, you will have additional breathing room.
Second, we are committed to fighting for fair compensation. Rideshare accidents are expensive, and it is possible your savings do not cover all your medical bills. Therefore, we are here to pursue a reasonable settlement offer, whether that is through an insurance claim or lawsuit.
Services we can provide you with:
- Keeping you updated: Lyft accidents have a lot of moving parts. We will update you on your case status with frequent check-ins.
- Answering tough questions: Legal cases and insurance claims often involve complicated terminology. However, if you have questions about your case, we have answers.
- Handling insurers: Most Lyft accident cases involve dealing with insurers. This process can be frustrating without assistance. We will deal with insurers on your behalf and dispute unfair settlement offers.
- General assistance: Remember our first goal? We really do mean it; we want to give you peace of mind. As part of achieving this goal, we can help you schedule appointments relevant to your case, like getting your car repaired.
- Building your case: Strong accident cases require evidence. It can be difficult to prove that you were injured or that someone else caused your accident without evidence. We can open an investigation and gather all relevant evidence.
- Determining liability: In some Lyft accidents, it is obvious who is at fault. However, determining liability is not always easy. We can review the evidence and determine who is responsible: a Lyft driver, an individual driver, a municipality, or another relevant party.
- Pursuing compensation: Every Lyft accident case is different. Some involve insurance claims, whereas others include lawsuits. Regardless of your case’s approach, we go to bat on your behalf. We are not afraid of going to court to protect your rights.
To ensure our services are financially accessible, we allow our clients to pay on a contingency-fee basis. Via this payment plan, you will not pay any upfront fees. Plus, you do not have to pay us unless we win. Therefore, working with a Lyft accident attorney from our firm is entirely risk-free.
The Value of a Lyft Accident Settlement
After an accident, you can qualify for various compensation types called damages, such as:
- Lost wages
- Property damage
- Pain and suffering
- Wrongful death damages
- Reduced quality of life
It is noteworthy that damages not listed here may apply to your case. These are only the primary damages associated with an accident case. During a case evaluation, we can identify which damages you could be eligible for.
How Much Will I Receive?
Every Lyft accident is unique, and there is a range of factors that can impact your case. Typically, they include:
- The severity of your injuries
- The type of insurance the liable party had at the time of the accident
- The cost of your medical treatment
We can help you better understand the potential value of your case. This knowledge could prove beneficial when it comes time to negotiate a settlement. If you do not know what your case is worth, it is easier for insurers to lowball an offer. These are some of the factors we can review when evaluating your case:
- Expert testimony
- Receipts and invoices associated with your case
- Your medical expenses
Pursuing Compensation in Lyft Accidents
In Florida, there are two standard ways to secure compensation after a Lyft accident. They include:
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) Insurance
Florida is a no-fault state, meaning it has laws that discourage lawsuits. One of these laws is mandatory PIP insurance, which requires drivers have at least $10,000 in PIP coverage. In the event of an accident, you inform your insurer, and they will provide you with compensation. This way, you do not need to pursue another party for compensation.
Florida Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles (FLHSMV) states that PIP provides “80 percent of all necessary and reasonable medical expenses up to $10,000 resulting from a covered injury, no matter who caused the crash.” Unfortunately, insurers can complicate this process by denying your claim or offering less than you deserve. We are here to handle insurers that are uncooperative or operating in bad faith.
PIP insurance is designed to cover most medical expenses after an accident. Therefore, in most cases, you cannot receive compensation from the party responsible for your accident. However, if any of the following describes your injuries, you could qualify for additional compensation under Florida law:
- “Significant and permanent loss of an important bodily function”
- “Permanent injury within a reasonable degree of medical probability, other than scarring or disfigurement”
- “Significant and permanent scarring or disfigurement”
- “Death (occurred in your accident)”
Cases with these characteristics enter the realm of tort law, also known as personal injury law. These cases involve filing an insurance claim with the liable party’s insurer or initiating a lawsuit. Either of these approaches could provide you with compensation beyond a PIP claim.
For example, Lyft provides its drivers with liability insurance. Therefore, if a Lyft driver caused your accident, and your case passes the tort threshold, you could contact their insurer to receive a settlement. However, if this approach does not provide you with fair compensation, we can explore options, like filing a lawsuit.
Get Help from a Cape Coral Lyft Accident Attorney Today
Lyft accidents can become complicated and frustrating. If insurers are not providing fair compensation, or you believe you need to file a lawsuit, we can help. Contact a Cape Coral Lyft accident lawyer from the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine to discuss your legal options.
We Can Help.