Accidents involving Lyft and other rideshare vehicles can affect many people: the rideshare driver, their passengers, the injured party, the injured party’s loved ones, and other road users.
If someone else is responsible for your accident-related injuries in Fort Myers, a Lyft accident lawyer can pursue compensation for what you’re owed. Don’t worry about going up against Lyft or its representatives. You do not have to pursue your case alone, either. The Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine is here to help. Our Fort Myers car accident lawyers can handle your entire case while you rest and recover.
We Manage Lyft Accident Cases On A Contingency-Fee Basis
Right now, we only want you to focus on one thing: recovering from your condition. The last thing we want you to focus on is affording legal representation. Our rideshare accident attorneys work on a contingency-fee basis, meaning our clients pay nothing up front for our services.
A portion of your court award or settlement will account for your losses, while a smaller portion will cover our fees. You’ll know everything about our contingency-fee arrangement from the very beginning. Of course, if you ever have questions about your situation, we encourage you to call us.
What You Can Expect from Your Lyft Accident Lawyer In Lee County, FL
Our team is ready to serve you by:
Investigating Your Case
We need evidence to show that because another party acted negligently, you suffered harm. Our rideshare accident lawyers will investigate your case and gather:
- Tax information, employment records, and pay stubs to determine the value of your employment-related losses
- Medical bills, imaging scans, doctors’ statements, and medication names to assess your injuries’ severity
- The police report, information from the rideshare app, and witness testimony to determine how your accident happened (and who is responsible)
We may also consult with accident reconstruction specialists, medical experts, and other parties to learn more about your collision and its aftermath.
Meeting Your Case’s Deadlines
Florida Statutes § 95.11(3)(a) notes that you generally have two years to file your injury lawsuit. When we take your case, we’ll pay close attention to your filing deadline. Why? Because if the filing deadline expires on your case, you could lose the right to damages.
You don’t have to worry about losing the right to seek damages with our team on your side. We will file your potential lawsuit within the correct period and do everything possible to protect your legal rights.
Dealing With The Liable Insurance Company
We hope to resolve your case through an insurance claim—and generally, that’s how we resolve many cases. In all dealings with the insurer, you can trust that we will:
- Notify the liable party and their representatives about your lawsuit
- Schedule a convenient time to meet with the insurance company
- Presenting evidence of your case’s validity and disproving any allegations of fault
- Consulting with you before we accept a settlement offer
- Showing the insurance company what you’re owed
Managing Your Lawsuit
While many insurance companies are often willing to negotiate in good faith, there are some cases where attaining a pretrial settlement is simply not possible. If this is true in your case, we can move ahead with a lawsuit by:
- Scheduling court dates, selecting jury members, and engaging in other preparatory work
- Making opening and closing arguments in front of a judge and jury
- Arranging for witnesses to testify on your behalf and preparing them to testify
Regardless of how your case unfolds, we’re prepared to stand by you. By reading our client testimonials, you can learn about how we go the extra mile for injured claimants and their loved ones.
Compensation Could Account For Each Of Your Injury-Related Expenses
According to Florida Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles (FLHSMV), in 2021, there were 14,335 accidents in Lee County, Florida. These collisions caused millions of dollars in both economic and non-economic losses.
When you partner with our team, we’re ready to seek:
Your Monetary Damages
Monetary losses in your case could include:
- Your necessary healthcare expenses
- Lost income, tips, and bonuses
- Loss of future earning potential
- The cost of replacing or repairing your vehicle
Your Non-Economic Losses
Your losses may extend beyond your financial damages. Compensation in your case could also account for:
- Pain and suffering
- Reduced quality of life
- Disfigurement and scarring
- Property damage
- Loss of consortium
Your condition’s severity, accident’s cause, and other factors will determine what you’re owed. Our Fort Myers personal injury lawyers will leave no stone unturned when assessing your accident-related losses.
Wrongful Death Damages
We’re deeply sorry if you lost a loved one. We would be honored to manage your legal matters during this challenging time. While you spend time with your loved ones, our team will seek:
- Loss of society and companionship
- Loss of financial support
- Funeral and burial expenses
- Other end-of-life expenses, such as life support
We Will Determine What Caused Your Lyft Accident In Fort Myers
Traffic accidents, including those that involve ridesharing services, can happen for many reasons. In some cases, there is more than one instigating factor, in which case, you could sue more than one party for damages.
Most Fort Myers Car Accident Lawyers involve driver error, such as:
- Speeding or driving too fast for roadway conditions
- Failing to yield to traffic
- Changing lanes without signaling or straying into another lane
- Drinking or taking drugs before driving
- Texting or engaging in other distracted driving practices
Some factors don’t arise from driver error. Yet, you can still seek damages. After our investigation, we may find that one or more of these factors caused your collision:
- Poor roadway maintenance
- A defective vehicle
- Inclement weather conditions
- Poorly-designed roadways
You don’t have to investigate your own accident while struggling with serious injuries. Our team will manage everything your case requires from beginning to end. All you have to focus on is getting better and moving forward.
Filing An Insurance Claim After A Lyft Accident In Fort Myers
Knowing whose insurance to file a claim with can be confusing when an accident involves a rideshare company. Even when a rideshare driver is at fault, you may have the option to file a claim with the rideshare company’s provider.
It all depends on the rideshare driver’s status on the Lyft app when the accident occurs. Consider the following:
When The Driver Is Logged Off
If a driver is not logged onto the Lyft app, their own personal insurance policy will apply. Lyft requires all its drivers to carry the minimum coverage in the state.
When The Driver Is Logged On And Waiting To Match With A Fare
When a Lyft driver is waiting to pair up with a passenger, their personal insurance policy still applies, but Lyft offers the following coverage if a driver lacks it:
- $50,000 per person for bodily injury
- $100,000 per accident for bodily injury
- $25,000 per accident for property damage
When The Driver Has A Passenger Or Is En Route To Pick One Up
When a Lyft driver is transporting a passenger or is on the way to pick one up, Lyft maintains the following coverage:
- $1,000,000 for third-party auto liability
- Contingent comprehensive and collision coverage up to the actual cash value of the car minus a $2,500 deductible when drivers have comprehensive and collision on their personal insurance policies
Lyft’s insurance provider may also offer some additional coverage, which may include uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage, personal injury protection, MedPay, and/or occupational accident coverage.
Call Now for Your Free Case Review About Your Lyft Accident
The Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine is always ready to listen to your story and provide a free case assessment. Once you decide to partner with our personal injury attorneys, we will set your case in motion and seek what you deserve.
Call us today for a free consultation. We can explain more about how we pursue fair compensation for accident victims.
We Can Help.