If you were injured in a construction site accident, you could have the right to claim workers’ compensation or file a personal injury claim. If the accident was fatal, you could pursue compensation for your loved one’s passing.
A Fort Pierce construction accident lawyer from our team can manage the legal process on your behalf. The Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine has served its community since 2006. Now, we’re ready to serve you. We offer free case reviews where we can explain your rights.
It Costs You Nothing To Partner with Our Injury Team
We understand the challenges you and your family face right now. So, we are committed to providing effective and practical legal representation on a no-win, no-fee basis. There are no hidden fees or upfront costs, and we only get paid when we recover compensation for you.
Can I Sue My Employer After a Construction Site Accident?
In most cases, you cannot sue your employer if you are injured on the job. However, according to Florida’s Chief Financial Officer, most employees can pursue workers’ compensation coverage. Here’s what you need to know:
Workers’ Compensation Covers Medical Bills and a Portion of Your Lost Income
Coverage pays for authorized medical care up to a limit, which can include:
- Emergency room visits
- Hospital stays
- Medical tests
- Doctor’s appointments
- Prescription medications
- Rehabilitation costs, such as physical therapy
- Medical equipment
- Travel expenses to authorized treatment centers or pharmacies
Compensation could also cover a percentage of your lost income, temporary partial and total disability benefits, and permanent impairment benefits.
However, the amount you are awarded will depend on the severity of your injuries, and the legal process can quickly become complex, especially when an insurer challenges or denies your claim.
Workers’ Compensation Is a No-Fault System
It does not matter whether you caused or contributed to your construction accident in Fort Pierce. As long as you were injured while performing your job’s required tasks, your employer cannot deny you benefits or reduce how much you can receive.
Your Workers’ Compensation Case Comes With Certain Deadlines
You must report your injury to your employer within 30 days of being injured or discovering a work-related illness to claim benefits. Yet, to protect your right to damages, you should report your condition as soon as possible. You do not want the insurer to contest that your condition came from a non-work-related incident.
You Can File a Third-Party Claim or Lawsuit To Recover Damages
If you suffered harm because of negligence on a job site, you can seek compensation through a third-party claim or lawsuit. Here, you can recover losses not covered by workers’ compensation coverage, such as pain and suffering.
Other compensable losses in a civil action include:
- Medical expenses
- Loss of companionship
- Pain and suffering
- Current and future lost income
- Funeral expenses (if you lost a loved one)
- Emotional trauma
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Property damage expenses
To recover damages through legal action, you must show that because another party acted recklessly, you suffered harm. For example, if you were injured in a job-related collision, by asserting the other driver was negligent, you could recoup your losses.
You Must File Your Lawsuit Within the Appropriate Period
You generally have four hears to file your injury lawsuit, per Florida Statutes § 95.11. Under the same statute, you generally have two years to file a wrongful death lawsuit. Some factors could give you more time to act. We can assess your situation and determine your legal options.
You Can Partner with Our Fort Pierce Construction Accident Team on Your Case
You don’t have to manage a workers’ compensation or injury claim on your own. You can entrust your case to our injury team in Fort Pierce. Our personal injury lawyers will serve you by:
- Investigating the cause of the accident
- Identifying the liable policy
- Gathering evidence to support your case
- Proving the other party’s negligence caused your injuries
- Negotiating for an appropriate settlement
- Determining the cost of your injury-related losses
We provide customized legal services to those in need. During your free case review, you can learn more about the benefits of partnering with our injury team in Fort Pierce.
Listen To What Previous Clients Have To Share About Our Injury Team
Our reputation is a measure of our success. Here is some feedback we’ve received from some of our previous clients:
- “Shire Patel worked with me on my case and was absolutely amazing! Sharp as a knife and fought hard against the insurance with my best interest in mind at all time. He was also very responsive and always kept in touch, updating me about my case at all hours. I had very high expectations for my injury compensation and he exceeded them beyond belief. He really takes the time to make sure you get the best…. I am very grateful he was my attorney and I would highly recommend him!” – Daniel R.
- “What unbelievable professionalism. If you have to hire an attorney to represent you during a difficult time, there is no other choice than Anidjar and Levine. Everyone I dealt with was great. Special thanks to Jonathan Holtz.” – Charles L.
Contact Our Construction Accident Attorneys for a Free Consultation Today
To learn more about us and how we can help, contact us to schedule a free consultation. Together, we can explore your legal position, answer your questions, and proceed with your claim. The Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine goes the extra mile for its clients.
We Can Help.