Were you in an accident involving a Lyft (or another) rideshare vehicle? If so, you may be wondering what to do next, asking yourself questions like, “How am I going to pay for my injuries and missed work? And whom can I hold responsible?”
A good place to start is with a Lyft accident lawyer in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. The Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine understand the issues that arise from Lyft accidents. Our office is standing by with a complimentary case review.
You Could Retain a Lawyer To Handle Your Case
You do not have to handle your claim alone. You do not have to hire a lawyer either, but doing so can reduce the stress you feel when you should be focusing on recovery. Your legal team can stand by you until the end of your case.
They can do the following for you:
- Investigate your accident to determine fault
- Write and send a demand letter listing your losses to the insurance company
- Handle all other paperwork and communications necessary for the completion of your case
- Negotiate with the insurer
- Assign a value to your case
- Explore all options for financial recovery
- Answer your questions
- Protect your rights
- Recruit the aid of accident reconstructionists and expert witnesses
- Secure evidence that supports your case
- Interview eyewitnesses to the accident
- Secure a copy of the accident report
- Make your case in court, if need be
- Keep you updated throughout the case
Your legal team will help you in any way they can.
We Offer Personalized, Attentive Service
Our team understands what a difficult time this is for you and your family. We want to give you the maximum amount of time to recover from your injuries without worrying about legal matters. In addition to handling all of the big legal tasks on your behalf, we can:
- Help you get your car fixed, make doctor’s appointments, and more
- Give you your attorney’s number, enabling you to contact us whenever you need to do so
- Explain all of your legal options in as much detail as you require to make the right decisions for you and your family
- Use language you can understand rather than obtuse legal jargon
If there is anything we can do to make your legal journey easier, we want to know about it. As Jessica D., one of our former clients, so kindly put it, “From day 1 they have been there right by our sides throughout this whole process.”
How Much does a Personal Injury Lawyer Cost?
It is reasonable to worry about legal expenses when you are already dealing with medical bills and lost working hours. The ultimate cost of your case depends on many factors, such as how long it takes to resolve and how much work we need to put into it.
To keep your costs as low as possible, the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine can:
- Provide you with a free case review
- Review our contract with you before you sign, ensuring you completely understand the agreement
- Charge no upfront attorney’s fees
- Take an agreed-upon percentage of your financial compensation as payment (saving you from paying out of pocket)
- Negotiate with your creditors to convince them to hold off on seeking repayment until after you are compensated
- Charge no attorney’s fees at all if we cannot win your case
For a free legal consultation with a lyft accidents lawyer serving Fort Lauderdale, 800-747-3733
Possible Compensation Recoverable After Lyft Accident Cases
Those who have suffered injuries in Lyft accidents can seek compensation for damages. A personal injury lawyer serving Fort Lauderdale may be able to help you secure damages if you were injured:
- As a passenger in a vehicle operated by a Lyft driver
- By a Lyft driver as a pedestrian, bicyclist, or motorcyclist
- By a Lyft driver while lawfully operating your own vehicle
- As a driver while providing contract services on behalf of Lyft
You Could Recover Economic Damages
Medical expenses, lost income, rehabilitation expenses, and other out-of-pocket costs (even if your own insurance company covered them) are part of your economic damages, also called special damages. Loss of future earning potential from injury-related disabilities or permanent injuries is also part of special damages.
Future medical expenses, even though not yet incurred, are another form of special damages.
You Could Seek Non-Economic Damages
Non-economic damages, also called general damages, are those losses a victim has suffered (and on which no one can put a price). These include pain and suffering, emotional trauma, mental anguish, and/or inconvenience.
Both temporary and permanent injuries could qualify you for non-economic damages. You can also sue based on estimated future pain and suffering—for example, if you sustained nerve damage that will continue to cause pain and disability in the years ahead.
If a negligent party’s acts or omissions were particularly egregious or willfully reckless, a victim may be able to pursue punitive damages to punish the wrongdoer, in addition to seeking compensatory damages.
Estate administrators, executors, and surviving family members can also seek these damages on behalf of the victim of a fatal accident.
Punitive damages are very rare. Most cases only involve economic and non-economic damages. However, we always consider all possible options for each client’s recovery.
Fort LauderdaleLyft Accident Lawyer Near Me 800-747-3733
If You Lost a Loved One in a Fort Lauderdale Lyft Accident
You have our deepest sympathy if you lost a family member to a rideshare vehicle accident. Let us help you pursue justice from the liable party (or parties).
This could come in the form of an award for losses such as:
- Lost income (if you relied on your loved one’s wages)
- Your loved one’s pain and suffering prior to their passing
- Your loved one’s medical bills prior to their passing
- Loss of companionship or guidance
- Your mental anguish
- Funeral and burial expenses
We know that no amount of money can make up for the unexpected, premature loss of a loved one. However, we hope that our wrongful death clients find it easier to rebuild their lives when they do not have to worry about finances or live with the knowledge that the liable party has gone unpunished.
Get Answers From An Experienced Attorney.SPEAK TO AN ATTORNEY NOW
Liability for a Lyft Accident Case
An injured victim may pursue a claim under Lyft’s insurance policy.
Lyft’s insurance coverage depends on the driver’s status at the time of the wreck:
Driver Not on the Lyft App
If the driver is not transporting passengers nor looking to pick up passengers (i.e., the driver is using his or her vehicle for personal use), then the driver’s own policy will cover the accident.
Driver on the Lyft App
If the driver is available to take passengers but has none, the Lyft policy provides up to $50,000/$100,000 bodily injury liability and $25,000 property damage liability.
Driver With or on the Way To Pick Up a Passenger
In such cases, the Lyft policy provides $1 million in liability coverage.
Other Parties Could Be Liable for Your Accident
Any negligent party could be liable to pay for your damages, such as a manufacturer that produced a defective vehicle. We can look at the facts, perform research, and determine liability.
The Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine are familiar with Florida Statutes § 627.748, which outlines the regulations for rideshare apps like Lyft. This statute describes the requirements of rideshare companies, as well as what might be considered negligence.
For example, possible claims against Lyft may include:
- Negligent hiring or retention
- Negligent supervision or training
- Consumer-related claims
The Broward County Code of Ordinances might also prove relevant to your case. For instance, if your vehicle was hit by a Lyft driver that was not picking up a passenger at the airport where they were supposed to, the driver could suffer civil penalties.
Fort Lauderdale Lyft AccidentsYOU CAN TRUST US 800-747-3733
You Should Not Wait to Take Action After Suffering a Rideshare Accident
There are time limits you should keep in mind that could affect your case. For instance, Florida Statutes § 95.11 imposes a general timeframe of four years on personal injury lawsuits. Certain circumstances could change this timeline, however. Speak to your lawyer about how long you have to file a lawsuit.
We also advise Lyft accident victims to start quickly in order to preserve evidence. As part of our investigation, we often request:
- Medical records
- The official police report
- Interviews and other materials from witnesses
- Statements from experts
- Video footage from public or private sources
Each of these sources of evidence is time-sensitive: video may be recorded over and lost, and experts may have busy schedules that we need to work around. Starting your case right away increases the chance that critical evidence will be preserved for your legal use.
Call a Lyft Accident Lawyer’s Team in Fort Lauderdale, FL
After learning about your case, one of our car accident lawyers can investigate and pursue the amount of compensation to which you may be entitled.
We Offer Free Consultations to Prospective Clients
You should have the opportunity to speak to a law firm before signing a contract. This enables you to learn about our team and what we can do for you. Tell us about your case so we can discuss your options. Call now for your free case review with the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine.
We want to put our knowledge, experience, and resources to work for you.SPEAK TO AN ATTORNEY NOW