Pedestrian accidents can suffer critical injuries when struck by motor vehicles. If your injuries have had a debilitating impact on your life, you can take action to hold the liable party accountable.
With help from a Fort Myers pedestrian accident lawyer at the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine, you could recover total compensation for your damages and get the justice you deserve. Contact our office for a free consultation today to find out how to get started with your pedestrian accident claim.
Common Pedestrian Accident Injuries to Sue For
Pedestrian accident injuries can be particularly devastating. When a motor vehicle comes in contact with a car, truck, bus, or any other type of vehicle, the human body is simply no match for their massive size.
Although the type of injury you were diagnosed with will not have an impact on whether you have the right to pursue your case or how much you could be awarded, there are some types of injuries we see more frequently in Fort Myers pedestrian accident claims. Some of these injuries include:
- Traumatic brain injuries including head injuries, concussion, confusion, abrasions, and coma
- Loss of limbs
- Organ failure and internal bleeding
- Spinal cord injuries including paraplegia, paralysis, quadriplegia, back injuries, and herniated discs
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), anxiety, insomnia, nightmares, depression, and other emotional address
- Compound fractures and broken bones
If you have been diagnosed with any of these types of injuries, you may be entitled to financial compensation. However, if you were diagnosed with another injury that was not listed on this page, you may also still have the right to move forward with your case.
For a free legal consultation with a pedestrian accidents lawyer serving Fort Myers, 800-747-3733
Do You Have Grounds for a Pedestrian Accident Claim in Fort Myers?
You may not be sure whether you have grounds for a pedestrian accident claim after your collision in Fort Myers. However, you do know that the type of injury you were diagnosed with will play no part in determining whether you have the authority to move forward with your case.
There are some factors that will be taken into account, such as:
- If someone else is responsible for causing your accident
- If another party is responsible for causing your injuries
- Whether another party could be at fault for your accident or resulting injuries
- Whether you have suffered physical injuries as a result of the accident
- How significantly your injuries have impacted your life physically, financially, or emotionally
Generally, the more severe the injury, the more impact for the injury. This often means the more severe the injury, the more money the victim will be awarded. You can learn more about whether you are eligible for a pedestrian accident insurance or civil claim when you contact our office.
Fort MyersPedestrian Accident Lawyer Near Me 800-747-3733
How Can a Fort Myers Pedestrian Accident Attorney Help You?
Your Fort Myers pedestrian accident attorney can handle all of the legalities of your insurance claim and trial. Some of our most important tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Meeting with you to learn more about your injuries, their impact on your life, and set expectations as to what to expect from your case
- Conducting an in-depth investigation into the cause of your pedestrian accident, including an analysis of all potential liable parties
- Gathering compelling evidence to prove liability
- Drafting and completing your claim for the insurance company
- Giving a statement to the insurance company, and negotiating with the insurance adjuster on your behalf
- Preparing to bring your case to trial if insurance settlement negotiations are unsuccessful
- Advocating for total recovery of your damages at trial
Get Answers From An Experienced Attorney.SPEAK TO AN ATTORNEY NOW
Recoverable Damages In Pedestrian Accident Insurance and Civil Claims
When someone else is responsible for causing your injuries, why should you be stuck dealing with the fallout? The answer is, you shouldn’t be. Unfortunately, you are already suffering physically from your injuries. And the emotional trauma you have experienced is undeniable. Not to mention the considerable financial losses you are dealing with following your pedestrian accident.
Thankfully, you can recover every loss when you file your insurance and civil claims. Damages will be quantified based on their categorization. For example, some losses are considered economic damages while others are considered non-economic damages.
Examples of economic damages include your financial losses such as:
- Hospital bills
- Ambulance fees
- The cost of higher insurance premiums
- Unexpected childcare expenses
- The cost of home accommodations
- Medical equipment expenses
Examples of non-economic damages include your psychological trauma and physical losses, such as:
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Loss of consortium
- Physical pain and suffering
- Mental anguish or emotional trauma
- Reputational damages
- Skin scarring
You can get a better idea of what your pedestrian accident claim in Ocala could be worth when you contact our office to discuss your losses in depth.
Time may be limited, however. You have four years to file your claim and take legal action as per Florida Statutes § 95.11.
Fort Myers Pedestrian AccidentsYOU CAN TRUST US 800-747-3733
How Insurance Settlements Are Paid Out
Pedestrian accident victims have the right to recover compensation for every loss. However, you should not expect to recover all of your losses through an insurance settlement alone. Insurance settlements are designed to cover the types of amounts of coverage purchased by the policyholder.
If the policyholder in your case purchases the minimum amount of coverage, it may not be enough to adequately meet your needs. When this happens, the insurance company will only cover up to the limits of the policy. The excess damages can be recovered, but only if you move forward with a civil claim against the culpable party.
Reach Out To a Pedestrian Accident Lawyer in Fort Myers for Help Today
When you have suffered considerable injuries following a pedestrian accident in Fort Myers, you may be scared, confused, and worried about what your future may bring. When you have a dedicated legal advocate fighting for the compensation you need, you can rest easier.
With our Fort Myers pedestrian accident lawyers at the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine on your side, you can recuperate from your injuries while we work to build a compelling case against the culpable party. Schedule your no-cost, risk-free consultation today. You can reach us by phone or through our quick contact form when you are ready to get started.
We want to put our knowledge, experience, and resources to work for you.SPEAK TO AN ATTORNEY NOW