When someone drives recklessly or negligently and causes an accident, it can lead to substantial damages for you. Our Fort Myers bus accident lawyers can help you assess the following:
- Who was at fault?
- What type of damages did you incur?
- How much compensation are your damages worth?
- What is the extent of hidden damages, such as emotional pain and suffering?
- What documentation needs to be gathered to win your case?
You are not alone when you work with one of our Fort Myers bus accident lawyers. We will work with you to find evidence of negligence and recover your damages.
With the team at the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine, you can rest easy knowing that we will handle your case while you heal. Begin the process of collecting compensation today for your injuries. Contact our office for a free, no-obligation consultation.
Different Types of Bus Drivers
Bus drivers serve different functions, and each has different circumstances that can contribute to the cause and results of an accident. Some of the jobs they do include:
- School bus drivers: These drivers must drive safely to protect the children and staff they transport. They may need to handle incidents with the students, which can distract them from the road.
- Community transportation bus drivers: Local bus drivers may provide customer service to all riders in the form of greeting them as they get on and off the bus, accepting fares, and even making chit-chat. However, these duties can distract them from the road. In addition, these drivers may have long shifts with little time for breaks, which can lead to fatigued driving.
- Senior citizen transportation bus drivers: There are many senior living facilities and organizations that offer transportation for elderly citizens around town. These drivers may also provide customer service in addition to making accommodations for riders getting on and off the bus.
- Travel bus drivers: Charter buses are common for tourists to visit the beautiful city of Fort Myers, and these drivers, too, may offer customer service to riders in the form of small talk. They can also have long shifts getting from one place to the next, leading to fatigued driving.
There are multiple parties that could be held responsible for your or your loved one’s bus accident, depending on the type of bus. For instance, if you’re a rider on the bus or in another vehicle involved in the crash, we may bring your case against a private charter bus company, the senior living facility, the City of Fort Myers that manages the public bus system, or a third-party driver contract company.
For a free legal consultation with a bus accidents lawyer serving Fort Myers, 800-747-3733
Causes of Bus Accidents in Fort Myers
There are many things that can cause a bus accident, and the cause of the accident can determine who can be held responsible for the negligence. A bus accident can occur when another vehicle collides with the bus, when the bus collides with another vehicle, when the bus collides with obstacles, or when the bus suffers from a malfunction. Here are some common causes of bus accidents:
- Distracted driving, which includes drinking or eating, using your phone, talking to passengers, or otherwise looking away from the road while behind the wheel
- Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol, which causes impaired vision and delayed reactions
- Fatigued driving, which can impair vision and reduce reaction time
- Lack of bus or vehicle maintenance that leads to a malfunction
- Lack of roadway maintenance that creates hard-to-avoid obstacles for all motorists
- Lack of proper hiring and training practices, which can lead to an ill-equipped bus driver behind the wheel
These incidents can lead to you being injured as the bus driver, a rider, the driver of another vehicle, the passenger in another vehicle, or even a bicyclist or pedestrian. Your role in the accident and what caused it can determine who can be held responsible for your bus accident injuries.
Fort MyersBus Accident Lawyer Near Me 800-747-3733
Bus Accident Injuries
According to the 2020 Florida Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles annual crash facts, there were 12,998 bus accidents across the state involving passengers. Injuries ranged from moderate to severe, though the majority of these incidents involved no reported injuries. Some of the most common types of injuries in bus accidents include:
- Concussions and traumatic brain injuries (TBIs)
- Bruises, lacerations, and cuts
- Sprains and pulled muscles
- Minor and severe fractures
- Spinal cord injuries
- Internal organ damage
- Psychological trauma
When a bus accident results in death, the loved ones left behind may be entitled to wrongful death compensation. Our attorney will guide you through this painful process.
A Fort Myers bus accident lawyer can help you get compensation for the damages from your injuries. Contact our office for a free case evaluation and start the process today.
Get Answers From An Experienced Attorney.SPEAK TO AN ATTORNEY NOW
Obtaining Monetary Damages from a Bus Accident
When you get injured due to someone else’s negligence, then the law states that you can collect damages from those injuries. The injuries can range from physical injuries to emotional and mental injuries. You can gain monetary compensation from lost wages, as well.
A Fort Myers bus accident lawyer understands the various types of monetary damages you are eligible to receive under the law. At the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine, we exhaust every resource to ensure you get financial compensation from each of the categories that you are allowed under the law, such as:
- Incurred and future medical costs
- Lost wages
- Lost ability to earn an income
- Wrongful death
- Lost spousal or parental support
Our investigative team will gather all the evidence to recover damages for you. Some of the sources from which we gather include:
- Medical facilities
- Police departments
- Eyewitness accounts
- Employer information for lost wage data
Fort Myers Bus AccidentsYOU CAN TRUST US 800-747-3733
Get Started With a Fort Myers Bus Accident Lawyer
At the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine, our team of attorneys is ready to assist you. We fight hard for those who are suffering due to bus accident injuries. We go the extra mile, contacting you with regular updates on your case and providing you with your attorney’s phone number so you can always ask questions.
Our Fort Myers bus accident lawyers are ready to take your case today, but please do not wait too long to contact us. Under Florida Statute §95.11, we have a limited time to file a lawsuit. We will provide you with a free, no-obligation consultation. Reach out today.
We want to put our knowledge, experience, and resources to work for you.SPEAK TO AN ATTORNEY NOW