If you have boat damage in Fort Myers due to Hurricane Ian or another recent hurricane, you deserve compensation from your insurer. However, you may struggle to get it. Your insurer might disregard your claim if they’re overwhelmed with insurance claims right now, or they may deny your claim.
Regardless of what your situation is, the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine can help. We’ll start with a free consultation and tell you more about recovering compensation for Hurricane Ian boat damage in Fort Myers.
Does My Insurance Cover Boat Damage Due To A Hurricane?
Hurricanes can do catastrophic damage to houses, but they tend to do the most damage to marine docks and boats. Any boat along the coast can be damaged or lost regardless of whether it’s docked, moored, or even safely stowed away. It’s really expensive for an owner to repair or replace their boat themselves, so they may have boat insurance to help with the cost of any damages.
If you have boat insurance, you may have a comprehensive policy covering many issues caused by hurricanes. However, not all insurance policies come with hurricane coverage.
When a boat is damaged or lost and the owner has adequate boat insurance, the insurer must inspect the harm done, consider the owner’s claim for compensation, and provide adequate compensation. If you believe you’re not getting the service you need from your insurer, a Fort Myers hurricane property claim lawyer from our firm can help you.
For a free legal consultation with a hurricane ian boat damage lawyer serving Fort Myers, 800-747-3733
What Does Hurricane Boat Insurance Cover?
Boat insurance typically covers any of the following marine vessels:
- Fishing vessels
- Luxury boats
- Recreational boats
The insurance may cover any of the following issues:
- A cracked hull: Severe winds can toss a boat around in the water and into a dock, a rock, a shoal, a harbor wall, or another object. Any cracking in the hull may be covered.
- Damage due to beaching: A hurricane can toss a boat out of the water and onto land, which can seriously damage its hull or keel. The insurance may cover such an incident.
- Flooding due to sinking: Flood coverage would cover this. A boat can sink and flood when a surge raises the sea level to a certain height. A smaller boat may sink completely if it takes on too much water. This would result in a total loss that may be covered.
- Other damage or losses: This may include wind damage to the exterior of the boat and any loss of other personal property. Typically, dock damage is not included in boat insurance.
Fort MyersHurricane Ian Boat Damage Lawyer Near Me 800-747-3733
Should I Hire A Hurricane Ian Boat Damage Lawyer?
There are lots of reasons to get a lawyer from our firm on your team. For one, your insurer might try to undervalue your claim. The insurer wants to avoid or mitigate their losses, so they may claim:
- Your losses aren’t as significant as you say they are
- You don’t have enough proof of your losses
- You didn’t calculate the value of your losses properly
- The damage to your boat was there before the hurricane
- The damage is due to flooding which isn’t covered under your plan
One of our lawyers can defend you against such statements. If a statement is accurate, your lawyer can amend your claim accordingly. If the insurer denies your claim based on an inaccurate statement, your lawyer can appeal the denial.
Additional Reasons To Get A Lawyer
There’s a lot more a Fort Myers boat damage lawyer from our firm can do for you. Your lawyer will be able to:
- Make an inventory and a list of all your losses for your claim
- Hire an expert to evaluate your losses and provide an estimate for your claim
- Collect proof of your losses, such as bills, and include this proof in your claim
- Speak to the insurer to ensure they do not delay the processing of your claim
- Handle all communications with the insurer
- Negotiate your payout with the insurer
- Help you sue the insurer, if necessary
- Take your case to court, if required
Get Answers From An Experienced Attorney.SPEAK TO AN ATTORNEY NOW
About Our Fort Myers Hurricane Ian Boat Damage Attorneys
The attorneys from our firm have been representing Floridians for many years now. Our attorneys know how difficult it can be to recover after a hurricane hits Florida, and we understand what hurricane victims go through. Your attorney will do everything they can in order to hold your insurer accountable for your losses.
While your attorney is hard at work, they’ll be providing you with regular progress updates and be available to you via phone. If you have any appointments you need to schedule, your attorney can schedule them for you so you can focus on your health, your family, and your home.
Our Fort Myers hurricane boat damage attorneys work with experts in various fields. Your attorney will be able to hire experts to help calculate your losses and, if necessary, provide expert testimony in court.
What Our Clients Say About Us
Our clients appreciate the legal guidance our team has provided. Many of these clients have offered their testimonials, including the following:
“Prompt and courteous answers to questions. Great communication from everyone involved with your case. Phenomenal case results. A completely and thoroughly enjoyable legal experience from beginning to conclusion of my case. Thank you so much.” – Jos I.
Fort Myers Hurricane Ian Boat DamageYOU CAN TRUST US 800-747-3733
Contact Us About Hurricane Ian Boat Damage In Fort Myers
If you have any damage to your boat, your insurer should take it seriously. Regardless of your insurer, the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine can help with your boat damage case. We can initiate your claim with your insurance company or appeal a denial. You should not have to pay for the damage done to your boat after Hurricane Ian or another hurricane.
We can tell you more during a free consultation. Contact the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine today to consult with a member of our team at no cost.
We want to put our knowledge, experience, and resources to work for you.SPEAK TO AN ATTORNEY NOW