Discuss your case with an insurance claim attorney if a hurricane damaged your Daytona Beach property and your insurance company won’t pay your covered losses. Insurance companies will often undervalue covered losses, dispute what they owe you, or outright deny your claim after a hurricane or tropical storm.
If this happens to you, our hurricane damage lawyers are here to help protect your rights under the Florida Homeowner Claims Bill of Rights. You do not have to try to fight this alone. Your hurricane property claim lawyers in Daytona Beach will fight on your behalf. Call for a free consultation with a member of our team.
Homeowner Claims Bill of Rights
In some cases, insurers may offer less than half of the full value of a loss. If that is the case, it is important to know your rights as a homeowner under the Florida Homeowner’s Claims Bill of Rights. The HCCBR gives homeowners many protections against unfair treatment from their insurance companies.
The HCCBR requires insurers to promptly pay valid claims within 30 days of receiving proof of loss. It also protects policyholders who suffer a delay in receiving payment. In addition, the HCCBR provides policyholders with the right to seek legal action against their insurance company if they believe the insurer has violated any provision of the law.
For a free legal consultation with a hurricane property claim lawyer serving Daytona Beach, 800-747-3733
Insurance Companies Rarely Put Policyholders First
The property damage can be immense when a hurricane hits Daytona Beach, greater Volusia County, or elsewhere on Florida’s Atlantic Coast. After a major storm, insurance companies may face millions of dollars or more in claims.
Policyholders may wait weeks or months for word on their covered losses only to learn the insurer undervalued their losses or denied their claim. Insurance companies may attempt to:
- Underpay policyholders’ claims for water damage, roof damage, tornado damage, storm surge damage, wind damage, water intrusion, and other legitimate issues.
- Deny condo owner, business owner, and homeowner claims without good reason.
- Refuse to negotiate fair settlements.
- Delay payments on legitimate claims to policyholders.
These practices are unfair and illegal. Insurance companies rarely put policyholders first when handling claims following hurricanes. Our attorneys know how to hold insurers accountable and get policyholders the compensation they deserve.
Daytona BeachHurricane Property Claim Lawyer Near Me 800-747-3733
We Can Help You Prove Your Covered Losses
Next to recovering from the storm, documenting your losses and out-of-pocket costs is often the most stressful part of the entire process. Especially when a storm causes catastrophic damage, it can be extremely difficult to prove the value of missing, destroyed, or damaged property.
If you believe your insurance company is dragging its feet or giving you the runaround in another way, you may want to reach out and discuss your case with one of our hurricane property claim lawyers.
If we believe the insurance company is treating you unfairly, we will take action. A hurricane property claim lawyer in Daytona Beach may be able to:
- Prove the true value of your covered losses: If your insurance company has undervalued your covered losses, we will prove it. We will help you prepare a detailed estimate of repair costs. This evidence will help show that your loss should be much higher than the amount the insurance company is paying you.
- Get your money back: If your insurance company denies your claim, we will get your money back. Or, if you were forced to close your business because of the storm, we will help you get your business back up and running. Our attorneys know how to handle these situations and will work to ensure you get every penny you deserve.
- Protect your future home ownership: If your insurance company denies your claim, we will file suit against them, so you don’t lose your right to buy a new home.
- Negotiate a comprehensive settlement that considers all your losses: If your home or business were destroyed, we would work with you to determine the full extent of your losses. We will also negotiate a fair settlement considering any additional costs incurred due to the storm.
- Appeal a denied claim: If your insurance company refuses to cover your losses, we will appeal the denial. This means we will go to court to force the insurance company to pay you what they owe you.
- Provide expert witnesses: We have extensive experience working with experts who can testify about the value of your property and whether it was damaged by the hurricane.
- If necessary, file a bad-faith lawsuit against your insurance provider: If your homeowners insurance provider does not act fairly when handling your claim, we will sue them. Insurance companies often deny legitimate claims without good reason. When an insurance company acts like this, it is called “bad faith.” In some cases, homeowners treated badly by their insurance providers may be entitled to compensation from the insurance company.
- Protect your rights under the Florida homeowner claims bill of rights: The Florida Homeowner Claims Bill of Rights gives policyholders the right to fair treatment from insurers when hurricanes hit Florida. Contact us today if you think your insurance company has violated any of these rights.
Our attorneys are experienced in dealing with insurance companies after hurricanes. They understand the process and can guide you through it. You have a limited time to act under FL §627.70132, so call our law offices today.
You can count on our team to go the extra mile for you and your family, even speaking to your insurance company directly so you can work on getting your everyday life back to normal. You focus on your family. We take care of everything else.
Discuss your case with a Florida personal injury lawyer today by calling our offices.
Get Answers From An Experienced Attorney.SPEAK TO AN ATTORNEY NOW
Talk to a Hurricane Property Claim Lawyer in Daytona Beach
At the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine, we are here to help you and your family. A hurricane property claim lawyer in Daytona Beach can review your insurance policy before a hurricane hits to ensure you have adequate coverage or work with you to navigate the claims process after a storm.
We always provide free case reviews and handle these cases on a contingency basis. You never pay us anything unless we recover losses on your behalf. Contact us today to learn more.
We want to put our knowledge, experience, and resources to work for you.SPEAK TO AN ATTORNEY NOW