The car accident lawyers at the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine can help if you were injured in a collision in Daytona Beach, Florida. With a lawyer on your side, you will not have to tackle the insurance company by yourself. Our firm delivers responsive legal care to our clients.
You can focus on getting well while we take care of the rest. Call our personal injury firm today at 1-800-747-3733 for a free consultation. There is no obligation.
How a Daytona Beach Car Accident Lawyer Can Help You
The law does not require you to work with a lawyer on your Daytona Beach car accident case, but at the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine, we want you to get every dollar that you deserve.
We will investigate your accident and build your case for compensation. We will evaluate the liability issues and calculate the amount of your financial damages.
You will not have to deal directly with the insurance company because we will take care of that task for you. We collect the evidence, like the police report and your medical bills, so that we can go after the recovery of your losses.
For a free legal consultation with a car accidents lawyer serving Daytona Beach, 800-747-3733
Your Steps Following a Car Accident in Daytona Beach
Our team of experts recommends that you follow specific steps after a car accident in Daytona Beach. The actions you take may influence the course of your claim. Make sure that you:
- Pull your vehicle out of the flow of traffic
- Contact the police and report the accident
- Get pictures of your injuries and the damage to your vehicle
- Collect contact information from other drivers and witnesses
- Seek medical care
- Contact a lawyer to handle your claim
Take as many of these steps as possible in the aftermath of your collision. We understand that the severity of your injuries may prevent you from gathering evidence and speaking to witnesses. Caring for your health is of utmost importance following a collision.
You can get immediate help handling other aspects of your claim by working with a Daytona Beach car accident attorney. Allow members of our team to walk you through each step of the process for securing compensation for your losses.
Daytona BeachCar Accident Lawyer Near Me 800-747-3733
Common Causes of Daytona Beach Car Accidents
You may end up involved in a car accident due to the dangerous actions of another driver. Many drivers end up engaging in reckless activities such as:
- Weaving back and forth between lanes
- Driving too fast for conditions or breaking the speed limit
- Running red lights or stop signs
- Backing up without looking
- Passing improperly
Drivers disobey traffic laws for a number of reasons. Some drivers drink alcohol before getting behind the wheel, leading to dangerous decisions. Other drivers operate a vehicle while fatigued or while distracted by things like:
- Mobile devices
- Food or drink
- Passengers or the radio
We focus on determining the specific causes of your accident, allowing us to work on your claim here in Daytona Beach.
Defects, Road Hazards, and Car Accidents in Florida
Not all accidents in Daytona Beach occur as a result of poor decisions by other drivers. Sometimes, these collisions take place as a result of a major defect with a vehicle system, like the brakes. In this situation, we may help you seek damages from the vehicle manufacturer.
Other accidents come from issues like poor weather or road damage. We can discuss your legal options in these situations. Find out more by reaching out to a member of our team today.
Get Answers From An Experienced Attorney.SPEAK TO AN ATTORNEY NOW
What We Have to Prove for Liability in a Daytona Beach Car Crash
We cannot sue every driver who was in the crash. We have to determine whose carelessness caused the accident. Here is how we evaluate the question of liability:
- Duty of care. The defendant must have owed you a duty of care. All drivers have a legal responsibility to be sober and not impaired by alcohol or drugs when they operate their motor vehicles.
- Breach of duty. When someone fails to measure up to a legal duty, it is negligence. Let’s say that one of the drivers in your collision was over the legal limit for blood alcohol concentration (BAC). Driving while impaired violates the driver’s duty of care.
- Causation. The carelessness of the driver must be the cause of the accident and your injuries. If the crash happened because the drunk driver did not operate his car safely as a result of the impairment, the negligence caused the accident.
- Measurable damages. You must suffer quantifiable losses as a result of the defendant’s carelessness. Physical injuries satisfy this requirement. On the other hand, if you were in an accident with a drunk driver but escaped injury, you cannot sue the impaired driver because you have no measurable damages.
We have to prove all four elements to hold the defendant liable for your losses.
Daytona Beach Car AccidentsYOU CAN TRUST US 800-747-3733
Injuries Associated with Daytona Beach Car Accidents
Car accidents often result in injuries, even with all the safety features associated with modern vehicles, like airbags and seatbelts. These collisions often occur at very high speeds and involve incredibly heavy vehicles.
Make sure that you get medical treatment quickly if you suffered injuries in your collision. Doctors provide treatment for:
- Head injuries
- Neck, back, and spine injuries
- Internal injuries and organ damage
- Broken bones, cuts, and burns
Getting care quickly helps us establish that the accident led directly to your injuries. You may only receive compensation for losses caused by the collision. Find out more about your options and allow us to handle your legal needs while you recover by reaching out to us.
Damages in Car Accident Injury Claims
We cannot give a number that represents how much compensation people collect in Daytona Beach car accident cases. Every case is unique. The amount of your financial damages will depend on the facts of your situation.
Some of the common categories of damages in car accident injury claims include:
- Medical bills. You can recover the cost of the medical treatment you need for your injuries. These losses can consist of things like the ambulance, x-rays, emergency room, blood tests, surgery, doctors, hospital, and physical therapy.
- Lost wages. If you missed time from work without pay because of your injuries, you can get compensation for your lost wages, salary, regular tips, self-employment, and other types of income.
- Rehabilitation center. People who sustain catastrophic injuries like traumatic brain injury or spinal cord damage often have to go to a specialized medical treatment facility for extended care.
- Reduced earning potential or disability. Sometimes severe injuries make it impossible for a person to earn as much money as before the accident. That situation is diminished earning capacity. If you cannot work at all to support yourself, you have a disability.
- Pain and suffering. The physical discomfort and emotional distress you endured do not come with a price tag, but these unpleasant experiences are compensable in a car accident injury claim.
- Other noneconomic damages. Some examples of other recoverable damages that can be a challenge to measure include disfigurement, loss of enjoyment of life, post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), and loss of consortium.
We will calculate the amount of your damages after we investigate your claim and gather the evidence, like your medical records and the law enforcement accident report.
Beware These Pitfalls
We can help you avoid some of the most common mistakes that people without lawyers make in these injury claims. If you fall into any of these traps, it can cost you.
Florida gives you very little time to file a lawsuit seeking financial damages for your injuries. If you miss the deadline, the defendant will not have to pay you any compensation for your losses.
If you do not have a lawyer, the claims adjuster will probably ask you to give a recorded statement. If you have an attorney, the insurer is not supposed to contact you directly, so you can tell the adjuster to talk to your lawyer.
Recorded statements usually happen over the phone. The adjuster will ask a series of questions and record your responses. You do not get a transcript of this recording, but the adjuster can pluck snippets out of the statement to try to devalue your claim. A recorded statement does not help your case, but it can decrease the amount of money the insurer pays you.
Getting Legal Help from a Daytona Beach Car Accident Lawyer
You can get help with your Daytona Beach car accident claim. Call the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine for lawyers who will go the extra mile. We will work tirelessly to get you all the compensation that you deserve for the harm you suffered at the hands of a careless person. You have four years to take legal action and recover damages.
You will not have to pay upfront legal fees. Our firm takes car accident cases on a contingency fee basis, which means that we get paid out of the settlement or award at the end of the case. Call us today at 1-800-747-3733 for a complimentary consultation with a Daytona Beach car accident lawyer. There is no obligation.
We want to put our knowledge, experience, and resources to work for you.SPEAK TO AN ATTORNEY NOW