Property owners and managers owe it to all legal occupants to keep the premises safe and quickly address all hazards. Unfortunately, they can come up short of this obligation and someone can suffer injuries due to the landowner’s negligence.
If you or a loved one was hurt on someone else’s land, you could seek damages to cover your related financial and non-financial losses. A Daytona Beach premises liability lawyer with the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine can be your legal advocate and protect your rights on a no-win, no-fee basis.
What Premises Liability Law Entails
Premises liability is an umbrella that covers a range of accidents that happen on another party’s property—whether it be public or private.
Examples of premises liability cases our law firm handles include:
- Slip and falls
- Trip and falls
- Dog bites
- Negligent security
- Swimming pool accidents
- Fires and floods
- Toxic chemicals
- Building defects (e.g., faulty elevator, stairway, flooring, etc.)
Proving Negligence in a Premises Liability Accident
Negligence is the basis of every premises liability incident. To prove that the store owner, property manager or owner, or other liable party was responsible for your injuries, you are to apply the following four elements:
- Duty of care: The person in charge of the premises was to keep out all dangers to ensure everyone’s safety (e.g., adequate lighting, no broken flooring, warnings of dangerous dogs).
- Breach of duty: This person failed to keep their property in check or failed to take care of any hazards in time (e.g., didn’t fix lighting, didn’t warn occupants of the broken floor or a dangerous dog, etc.).
- Causation: Because they knew about the hazard and didn’t take care of it in time or should’ve known about it but didn’t, you were hurt in an accident (e.g., slip and fall, dog bite, etc.).
- Damages: The aftermath of the accident has put a strain on your economic and non-economic standing.
Demonstrating this chain of events requires evidence. Such forms that we can use to back up your claim include witness testimony, medical records and bills, photos and video of the injury and/or accident, and an incident report.
We also recommend that you keep a journal to write down everything you can recall from the incident, as well as how your life has been affected since the event. You can include details such as your mood and physical pain levels, what you do every day, and your treatment regimen. With this record, it will be more difficult for the insurance company to find gaps in your case and dispute your claim.
How the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine Can Help You After a Premises Liability Incident
At our firm, we go the extra mile for our clients. That includes providing the responsive legal care you deserve, ranging from giving you your lawyer’s phone number, to helping you schedule your doctor’s appointments, to answering your questions via phone call or email as soon as possible.
We will carry out all these tasks while taking on all the legalities of your premises liability case, which generally involves:
- Keeping you posted on any updates about your case
- Collecting and reviewing evidence
- Showing the other party’s liability
- Staying in contact with the insurer and other party’s legal team
- Handling settlement negotiations on your behalf
- Taking your personal injury case to trial, if necessary
There is no need to worry about whether you can afford these services we provide. Our lawyers in Daytona Beach will take your case based on contingency, so we don’t require any fees from you up front or hourly. Their fee is deducted from the compensation they obtain for you. Should they be unable to secure a fair financial result, we will still not charge you.
Compensation You Can Receive After a Premises Liability Accident in Daytona Beach
One of the most common questions personal injury victims ask our lawyers is, “How much is my case worth?” There is no average amount, as every case is different. For example, someone who slips and falls at the Beachside Hotel and breaks their hip might request more damages than someone who suffered a minor dog bite at Daytona Beach Lenox Playground.
Still, forms of damages that are commonplace in premises liability cases involve:
- Past lost wages
- Future lost earning potential
- Past and projected medical expenses
- Pain and suffering
- Lost quality of life
If your loved one lost their life from the premises liability accident, surviving family members can secure damages for:
- Final medical costs
- Burial and funeral service fees
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of financial help
The Amount of Time You Have to Seek Compensation for Your Losses is Limited
Those who were negligent and caused you to suffer should be held to account, but how much time you have to do so is restricted by the state. As such,Florida Statutes § 95.11(3)(a)explains that if you are pursuing a personal injury lawsuit, you typically have a four-year window to start it.
In the event you are filing a wrongful death lawsuit, the amount of time you have to take action is usually two years, per Florida Statutes § 95.11(4)(d).
Evidence might be scarce and could disappear within months, so it is important that we get started on your case as quickly as possible. Not only that, if we miss this state-imposed timeline, you might forfeit your right to seek any compensation from the liable party.
What Our Former Clients Have had to Say About Partnering with Us
Our motto at the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine is, “You worry about getting better. We take care of everything else.” Past clients’ experiences have mirrored this statement. Take a look at some of their testimonials:
- “Sharp as a knife… He was also very responsive and always kept in touch updating me about my case at all hours. I had very high expectations for my injury compensation and he exceeded them beyond belief.” – Daniel R.
- “Most of the stress was taken off of my shoulders and they really helped me focus on getting myself better while they took care of everything else. I was updated constantly and all of my questions and concerns were addressed almost immediately.” – Tyler R.
You can expect our lawyers to give you the same care and attention we have given these clients, as well as many others.
Hire Our Lawyers Can Help After You Suffered a Daytona Beach Premises Liability Accident
If someone was not vigilant about the safety conditions on their property and you ended up suffering the consequences, you have the right to hold them responsible. Let our attorneys help you in this pursuit.
Contact the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine now at 1-800-747-3773 to start your free consultation.
We Can Help.