The 2018 Atlantic hurricane season had 15 named storms including eight hurricanes. Hurricane Michael came ashore on October 10, 2018, as a Category 4 hurricane with winds of up to 155 mph. While Sunrise was spared the worst of the season’s major storms, it is only a matter of time before the next hurricane season.
A hurricane property claim lawyer in Sunrise can help with your property claim for your home or business. If your insurance company has denied or undervalued your claim, please call the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine. A lawyer will pursue the insurance coverage you may be entitled to receive. To request a free consultation, please call 1-800-747-3733.
Be Prepared: Hurricane Safety Checklist
Like you, our firm follows weather announcements closely during the Atlantic hurricane season that starts June 1 and ends November 30. Thanks to improved weather forecasting, Sunrise, and other South Florida cities usually have enough warning to take proper precautions before a hurricane.
The American Red Cross offers a hurricane preparedness checklist that includes:
- Obeying government and law enforcement for evacuation, curfews, boil water notices, and other safety information;
- If it is safe for you to remain in your home, having enough drinking water and non-perishable food items for three days;
- Keeping copies of important documents including birth certificates, passports, and your property insurance policy in a waterproof container; and
- Making sure you have enough batteries, flashlights, prescription medicine, and portable cell phone chargers.
If you take these steps to safeguard your home before a storm, take similar steps to protect your claim for damages to repair it. Please call the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine for responsive legal care. To request a free consultation, please call anytime 1-800-747-3733.
For a free legal consultation with a hurricane property claim lawyer serving Sunrise, 800-747-3733
Why Some Insurance Companies Make It Difficult for Property Owners
You might think that if you are a policyholder in good standing that you can rely on your insurance company if your home or business is damaged from a hurricane.
That is not always a reality. Some insurance companies give property owners a tough time when they file a hurricane or windstorm claim. If you have a hurricane claim that is being disputed by your insurance company, it is time to call a lawyer.
A Hurricane Property Claim Lawyer in Sunrise Protects Your Legal Rights
An insurance company may try to pay as little as possible on a hurricane property claim by:
- Taking an unreasonable amount of time to respond to your claim, schedule a property inspection, or send you a full or partial payment;
- Undervaluing your claim or property; or
- Making false or misleading statements.
Your insurance company may try to get out of paying what you deserve. A hurricane property claim lawyer in Sunrise will stand up for your rights. We may have to file a bad faith lawsuit in order for you to receive a full payout. Please call the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine at 1-800-747-3733 for more information.
Tips on Filing a Hurricane Property Claim
We can file a claim on your behalf. Although we cannot guarantee what your insurance company will do, a member of our legal team can make sure that your claim is both complete and correct.
If you have been injured or cannot contact a lawyer and want to get your claim filed at once, please follow these suggestions:
- Keep a written log of who you talk to at the insurance company and a summary of the conversation.
- Take pictures and/or videos of the damage (a date and time stamp on each image is preferred).
- Protect your property from further damage when it is safe to go outside.
- Keep all receipts for any items you buy to help protect your property from further damage, such as plywood, drywall, and plastic tarps.
A member of our team is happy to meet with you for a free consultation. Please call the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine at 1-800-747-3733.
SunriseHurricane Property Claim Lawyer Near Me 800-747-3733
What to Do if Your Hurricane Property Claim is Disputed
There are many reasons why your property claim may be disputed, delayed, or denied. These reasons include:
- Errors in filing your policy number, legal address, or social security number.
- Electronic documents may not have been scanned or uploaded properly.
- Your insurance company claims the damage was caused by a reason beyond the storm itself.
- They flatly deny that you are eligible for hurricane windstorm coverage.
Our hurricane property claim lawyers work quickly to pursue the benefits that you are entitled to receive.
Understanding Hurricane Categories and Property Damage
Sunrise residents know that all hurricanes have the potential to cause property damage and loss of life. The National Hurricane Center uses the Saffir-Simpson Hurricane Wind Scale. This 1 to 5 rating system is based on a hurricane’s sustained wind speed and the potential property damage. Category 3 hurricanes and higher are called major hurricanes because they have the greatest potential for loss of life and property damage. Any hurricane or strong tropical storm can cause power outages as high winds topple power lines and poles.
If your claim has been denied, please call a hurricane property claim lawyer in Sunrise. To request a free consultation, please call the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine at 1-800-747-3733.
Get Answers From An Experienced Attorney.SPEAK TO AN ATTORNEY NOW
Call the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine Today
Hurricanes can be devastating, but when your insurance company does not hold up its promise to cover your claims you need an attorney who can fight for the compensation you deserve. Please call the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine for responsive legal care. To request a free consultation, please call anytime 1-800-747-3733.
We want to put our knowledge, experience, and resources to work for you.SPEAK TO AN ATTORNEY NOW