You can seek compensation if you got hurt in a slip and fall or a car accident and suffered a neck injury. An insurance claim or lawsuit could result in awards for both economic and non-economic losses. Recoverable damages could include medical costs, lost wages, and other accident-related expenses.
A Tampa neck injury lawyer from the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine could help you identify the at-fault parties and fight for a fair settlement or court award on your behalf. Our Tampa personal injury lawyers can tackle the legal process while you rest and recuperate.
Compensation for a Neck Injury in Tampa
The compensation we seek in your case will depend on the circumstances of your accident. With the help of our team, you could pursue both current and future damages from your injuries, including the following:
- Past and future medical bills
- Lost income
- Reduced future earning capacity
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional trauma
- Property damage
- Loss of enjoyment
- Loss of consortium
- Punitive damages (in rare cases)
We can help calculate the value of your economic and non-economic damages, which can be crucial in the fight for an adequate settlement. Once a personal injury attorney determines the value of your case, they can fight for the amount you deserve.
Wrongful Death Awards
If you lost a loved one due to a neck injury in Tampa, we could take legal action to pursue damages for wrongful death. Through a claim or lawsuit, we may secure the following:
- Funeral and burial or cremation expenses
- Loss of inheritance for the income your family member provided
- Pain and suffering your family member experienced before passing away
- Loss of consortium for the companionship your family member provided
You deserve to mourn your family member in peace. One of our Tampa personal injury lawyers can pursue fair compensation and handle the tedious legal process.
Common Neck Problems After Slip and Fall Accidents and Car Accidents
Neck pain is usually caused by either a muscle strain or a ligament tear. Both types of injuries often cause severe pain and stiffness.
Other common neck injuries include:
- Whiplash occurs when you’re involved in a car crash, and the force suddenly causes your head to move backward or forward. This unnatural movement causes your neck muscles to stretch, resulting in a painful injury.
- Neck fractures: These serious injuries are breaks in the bones of the neck area. Common causes include automobile accidents, slip-and-fall incidents, and sports injuries.
- Neck sprains: Sprains are common injuries affecting the neck muscles. This type of neck damage occurs when the head moves suddenly and violently. In severe accidents, sudden movement can push on the nerves and blood vessels near the spinal cord. If this happens too frequently, it could lead to permanent paralysis.
- Pinched nerve: Nerves are like electrical wires; when one gets pinched, it cuts off the flow of electricity. When a nerve becomes pinched, it sends signals to the brain, making the person feel pain.
- Arthritis in the neck: According to Mayo Clinic, osteoarthritis is a degenerative joint disease that affects the body’s joints. As the cartilage wears down, the bones rub together, causing inflammation and swelling. This degeneration can eventually lead to arthritis in the neck. An accident, such as a fall, can exacerbate this condition.
- Spinal cord injuries: Spinal cord injuries can result in numbness, tingling, weakness, paralysis, and death. The most common causes include motor vehicle accidents, falls, sports injuries, and intentional violence.
Do You Qualify for Compensation for Your Neck Injury?
Generally, if another individual, business, or entity was responsible for the incident that caused your neck injury, you may be able to hold them liable for your losses.
An accident lawyer with our firm can demonstrate that:
- The other party owed you a duty of care.
- They breached their duty of care in some way.
- The breach of duty caused your accident.
- You suffered an injury and losses from the accident.
Once they establish these four elements, they can prove the other party negligently caused or contributed to your accident-related injuries.
Who May Be Liable for Damaging Your Neck?
Depending on the type of accident that led to your neck issue, liability may rest with various parties. A negligent store owner might be liable if you got hurt during a slip and fall. Similarly, if another driver rear-ended your car and caused your neck pain, they would be liable for your losses.
Sometimes, even a government entity can be liable for accident-related injuries. For example, a hazardous road design that leads to an accident may prove the governing municipality negligent.
How a Tampa Neck Injury Lawyer Can Help You
Handling a case alone can be much more stressful than expected and typically involves a lot of dedication and time. You will need to understand the claims process and filing procedures and how state laws can affect your case.
Hiring legal counsel will make your life easier, and our personal injury attorneys serving Tampa are here to help. We have helped neck injury victims with cases related to:
- Tampa Car Accident Lawyer
- Slip and fall accidents that result from dangerous conditions
- Construction site and other workplace accidents
- Boating and aviation accidents
- Dog attacks
- Abuse and neglect in nursing homes
- Willful attacks and assaults
- Medical malpractice
- Dangerous or faulty products, such as defective auto parts
When you hire our firm to work on your case, the complicated process of dealing with insurers, the courts, and state statutes is on us. Here are some of the ways we can help you:
Negotiating a Fair Settlement
The insurance company might push you into settling as soon as possible. However, accepting an early settlement may not work out in your best interest, especially if you are still assessing the long-term effects of your injuries.
This information is necessary to estimate your future medical care and other expenses accurately. Our team can advise you regarding your next steps, negotiate with the insurance company for a fair settlement, and take the case to court if the insurer refuses our demands.
Assuming All Paperwork And Communications
The claims process could be overwhelming if you suffered a significant injury, resulting in high medical costs and considerable income losses. Filing a civil action is even more complex.
If you are still in recovery, you may not have the time or energy to spend hours and days analyzing your case, collecting evidence, fighting the insurance companies, and learning how to file a personal injury claim or lawsuit correctly.
A Tampa neck injury attorney from our firm can stand by you every step of the way and work on your case while you recover.
Representing You in a Trial
If we need to file a personal injury lawsuit or wrongful death lawsuit to seek compensation, we will. We can represent you and protect your rights throughout the legal process. We are prepared to argue your case before a jury and seek a court award for fair compensation.
Provide Client-Focused Legal Care
We know what’s on the line when it comes to your case. Our aim is to secure the compensation that can help you access the treatment you need and get your life back on track. You should never have to feel like just another case file on a desk. With our neck injury lawyers, you won’t have to.
We afford each of our client’s personalized attention because we understand that no two cases are the same. When you choose our firm, we will never leave you in the dark about your case. Our team will make it easy for you to contact us with any questions, and we will prioritize reaching out to you with any updates on your case.
Recommendations After Suffering Neck Damage in an Accident
If you are suffering injuries from another party’s actions, completing the following steps could protect your legal rights:
Seek Medical Advice As Soon As Possible
Some neck problems can take a few hours or days to develop after a traumatic incident, such as a car wreck. However, if you wait too long to see a doctor, the other side could argue that your injuries are unrelated to the accident. The liable party may use this information to undermine your case.
Seeking medical attention helps put your accident and injuries on record, which our team can use to support your right to financial recovery.
Keep All Documentation of the Accident
You will need other evidence to support your case, as well. If you approach the liable party without paperwork, they may use this against you. As you get treatment and consider legal aid, try to keep the following pieces of information for your records:
- Photos of your injuries
- Copies of your imaging scans
- Receipts, invoices, and billing statements related to your damages
- The contact information of any witnesses
- A copy of the accident report, if one exists
Our law firm can handle the evidence collection process on your behalf, but any information you give us can help your case. We can also secure evidence that may not be available to you, like traffic camera footage and testimony from third-party consultants.
Our Tampa Neck Injury Team Is Here to Help
If you are unsure whether your case could qualify for compensation, consider contacting the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine. We can assess your medical expenses and other losses, identify the at-fault parties, and pursue fair compensation.
We encourage you to act quickly as your time to file a lawsuit is limited underFlorida Statutes § 95.11. Also, the sooner you take action, the sooner you could receive a settlement. Contact us today to learn more about how a Tampa neck injury lawyer from our firm can start working on your case for free.
We Can Help.