If you suffered a neck injury during an accident, you could qualify for compensation for your medical bills and other related expenses. A Port Charlotte neck injury lawyer with the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine can help you pursue awards with an insurance claim or lawsuit.
- The Party Responsible for Your Accident Should Pay for Your Damages
- Our Port Charlotte Attorneys will Help You Pursue Every Available Dime
- What are Your Options for Seeking Financial Awards for a Neck Injury?
- Neck Injuries Range in Severity and Type
- Get Help from the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine After a Neck Injury
For a free legal consultation with a neck injury lawyer serving Port Charlotte, call (800) 747-3733
The Party Responsible for Your Accident Should Pay for Your Damages
If another party’s negligence caused your neck injury, they should pay for your medical bills and other related damages. Our lawyers can help you prove another party is financially responsible for your injury. We can help with injuries related to:
- Car or truck accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Sports accidents
- Slip and fall accidents
- Falls from heights
- Bicycle and pedestrian accidents
- Overuse and/or repetitive motion
- Workplace accidents
Port Charlotte Neck Injury Lawyer Near Me (800) 747-3733
Our Port Charlotte Attorneys will Help You Pursue Every Available Dime
The more severe your injury, the more expensive your medical bills and other damages are likely to be. Our personal injury attorneys will work to achieve the best financial outcome possible for your case.
In general, we can help you pursue awards for:
- Medical treatment – You can seek compensation for medical treatment already received, as well as future care, including surgeries, hospitalizations, medical devices, physical therapy, and medications.
- Lost wages – Injuries can prevent you from going to work. We can help you seek wages lost due to your injury, as well as the loss of your future earning potential if your injuries keep you from going back to work.
- Personal property damages – If your vehicle or other property sustained damages during your accident, you can win compensation for the value of their repair or replacement.
- Pain and suffering – You may win compensation for the mental and emotional suffering and physical pain caused by your neck injury.
- Wrongful death – If your loved one died from a neck injury, you can seek compensation for their wrongful death, including awards on behalf of the decedent’s estate, as well as damages suffered by surviving family members.
What are Your Options for Seeking Financial Awards for a Neck Injury?
Our team will put our years of legal experience to work for you. We can fight for the awards you deserve with a liability insurance claim, workers’ compensation claim, or civil lawsuit.
An Insurance Liability Claim
If the party liable for your injury has insurance, we can help you with a claim. You can expect us to:
- Assess and price your damages
- Handle all communication with the insurer
- Negotiate a settlement amount
Types of liability insurance that may apply to a neck injury case include but are not limited to automobile insurance, business insurance, or homeowners insurance. If you plan to pursue an insurance claim, it is a good idea to do so as soon as possible following your accident.
A Workers’ Compensation Claim
According to the Florida Department of Financial Services, all Florida employers with four or more employees must purchase workers’ compensation insurance. If your neck injury occurred in the workplace, we can help you with a claim.
Workers’ compensation benefits may include your medical expenses, partial wage replacement, vocational training (if applicable), and death benefits (if applicable).
It does not cover pain and suffering, property damages, and other miscellaneous expenses.
According to Florida Statutes § 440.19, you typically have two years from the time of your injury to file your claim. Under the workers’ compensation system, you cannot sue your employer, but you may have grounds for a suit against a third party. Our lawyers can tell you more.
A Civil Lawsuit
We can also bring a lawsuit against the party who caused your injuries. Lawsuits are bound by Florida’s statute of limitations. According to Florida Statutes § 95.11, there is generally a four-year period to file a personal injury lawsuit and a two-year period to file a wrongful death lawsuit.
Some circumstances can shorten your window of time, so be sure to reach out to our attorneys before your time limit expires.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Neck Injuries Range in Severity and Type
Neck injuries can affect the ligaments, nerves, muscles, bones, joints, and tendons in the neck. Severe neck injuries can even cause spinal damages. Common types of neck injuries include:
- Muscles strains and sprains
- Joint injuries
- Torn or ruptured discs
- Herniated discs (which can result in nerve compression)
- Cervical fractures
- Brachial plexus injuries
- Broken vertebrae
- Spinal concussions
- Spinal cord contusions
- Complete and incomplete spinal cord injuries
Depending on the type and severity of your injury, you may experience:
- Pain in your neck, head, jaw, shoulder, or upper arms
- Loss of feeling
- Reduced range of motion
- Difficulty breathing
Whiplash is a specific type of neck injury commonly caused by motor vehicle accidents, especially rear-end collisions. According to Mayo Clinic, whiplash sufferers can have many of the symptoms listed above, as well as:
- Blurred vision
- Sleep issues
- Problems with memory and concentration
- Ringing in the ears
If you were involved in a car accident on I-75, a trip and fall at Port Charlotte Town Center, or any other accident resulting in a neck injury, seek treatment right away. Even if your symptoms are mild, it is important to see a doctor to prevent them from worsening. Seeking treatment also creates an official medical record of your injuries for any claims you make or legal action you take.
Get Help from the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine After a Neck Injury
A Port Charlotte neck injury lawyer with the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine is here to help you through every step of your personal injury case. We do everything from helping our clients make medical appointments to assisting you with fixing your vehicle.
Our services cost you nothing out of pocket, and we do not collect a fee unless we win compensation for you. Call our offices at 1-800-747-3733 to learn more and to take advantage of a free consultation.