After a serious tractor-trailer accident, you could have trouble making ends meet. On top of that, you may experience a host of complications, including anxiety, depression, and post-traumatic stress disorder. You may wonder if you’ll ever return to the life you once had.
If you or a loved one was injured in a collision, a Spring Hill tractor-trailer accident lawyer from our firm can help. Our team will fight with insurance companies so you can receive the compensation you need. The Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine will manage your case’s obligations, so you can focus on your personal matters.
What You Can Expect from Our Truck Accident Team in Hernando County
We offer legal advice and support to our injured clients. We provide responsive legal care, too. This means, as a client, you receive your attorney’s cell phone number so you can reach them whenever needed. We are always available to promptly answer your questions or give you status updates on your case.
Our law firm is ready to support you by:
- Determining what caused your accident
- Identifying the liable party
- Handling communications on your behalf
- Negotiating a fair settlement agreement
- Filing your claim and/or lawsuit
- Advising you on your legal options
You deserve responsive legal care after being injured in a tractor-trailer accident. We will seek the money you need to cover your injury-related losses.
We Will File Your Case Within the Statutory Deadline
Florida Statutes § 95.11(3)(a) notes that you generally have four years to file your injury case. Your filing deadline usually starts “counting down” from the date of your accident.
If you don’t file your case within this period, you could lose the right to seek damages. The court system doesn’t want to hear cases filed outside the four-year period. Yet, you can trust your tractor-trailer accident team in Spring Hill to advocate for what you need.
We Will Determine the Cause of Your Accident
Tractor-trailer accidents occur for a variety of reasons. Using traffic camera footage, eyewitness statements, and accident reconstruction data, we will determine the cause of your accident and pursue damages from the liable party.
Some contributing factors to your collision may comprise:
- Driver fatigue: The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration limits how long a trucker can drive in a single period. Fatigue can significantly lower a driver’s ability to drive safely and increase their accident risk.
- Driver error: Driving too fast, failing to monitor blind spots, and taking turns too fast can lead to accidents. Most truck accidents result from driver error.
- Equipment problems: Failure to properly maintain the equipment on the tractor-trailer can lead to accidents. This includes failing to maintain breaks, tires, and trailer attachments.
- Weather conditions: Rain or hail on the roads can cause accidents. High winds can also be dangerous for tractor-trailer drivers––especially during hurricane season.
We Will Establish Liability for Your Losses
Proving liability in a tractor-trailer accident can be complicated. That’s because these collisions can involve multiple parties. After reviewing your case’s evidence, we may find one or more of the following parties should pay for your losses:
- The truck driver: As noted, most collisions arise from driver error. Examples of driver error include speeding, distracted driving, and failing to yield.
- The trucking company: Trucking companies must maintain their trucks, vet drivers, and conduct regular drug testing.
- The cargo loading company: The FMCSA limits how much cargo a truck can haul in one period. If a cargo loading company ignores these regulations or improperly loads a truck, it can face liability for any resulting losses.
- The manufacturer of the tractor-trailer: Thousands of motor vehicles are recalled each year. If the truck’s manufacturer released an unsafe vehicle, and it caused your accident, you could pursue a product liability claim.
- The entity responsible for highway maintenance: Roadways must be maintained to keep the roads safe. If unsafe roadway conditions contributed to your collision, we can pursue damages accordingly.
Our Spring Hill tractor-trailer accident lawyers will determine who is liable for the accident and your related losses.
Damages You Could Recover After a Tractor-Trailer Accident in Spring Hill
The amount and types of damages you can seek depend on:
- The type of injuries you sustained and their severity
- Whether you have a long-term disability
- Your estimated recovery period
- The cost of your financial losses
Our personal injury lawyers will fight for everything you need to ensure your financial stability.
We’re Ready to Secure These Collision-Related Losses
Recoverable losses in your case include both economic and non-economic damages.
Economic damages are justified monetary losses you incurred as a result of the accident. They come with tangible documentation, such as invoices, receipts, and billing statements.
In a tractor-trailer accident claim, economic damages you could recover include:
- Medical expenses
- Future medical expenses
- Lost wages
- Diminished earning capacity
- Rehabilitative care costs
- In-home care costs
- Property damage expenses
Non-economic damages are subjective, non-financial losses you incurred as a result of the accident. Non-economic damages could include:
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Scarring and disfigurement
We Can Manage Your Wrongful Death Case
If your loved one passed away after being in a tractor-trailer accident, first, we want to extend our deepest condolences. We understand an unexpected loss can be devastating.
While compensation can’t replace the joy your loved one brought you, reimbursement can account for:
- Funeral expenses
- Burial or cremation expenses
- Loss of consortium
- Final healthcare expenses, including hospice and life support
Contact Us Today for a Free Consultation
If you or a loved one was severely injured after a tractor-trailer accident, an attorney from the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine can help. Since 2006, we’ve recovered millions for injured claimants. Now, we’re ready to advocate for you.
Our tractor-trailer accident team serving Spring Hill is ready to start building your case today. We’re standing by to offer a free case review and listen to your legal goals.
We Can Help.