One of the biggest reasons tractor-trailer accidents happen is because the truck drivers don’t abide by the rules on the road, and they often speed. Victims should seek responsive legal care from our Coral Springs tractor-trailer accident lawyer when such accidents occur to protect their rights.
A lawyer could help you file a claim against the truck driver’s insurance company and ensure you receive compensation for all your injuries and damages. Even if the cause of your accident was something else, a lawyer will investigate and assign liability correctly.
Why Choose Our Coral Springs Tractor-Trailer Accident Lawyer?
Close to half a million trucking accidents occur in the U.S. every year, causing catastrophic injuries and disrupting your life. Recovery from injuries often costs much more than most victims expect, and the expenses mount up quickly.
Trucking companies are often insured by some of the largest for-profit insurance companies. These massive insurance companies have a great deal of experience fighting claims and may use very aggressive legal tactics to drag out the case, lowering their liability along the way.
Lawyers are the safest way to handle tractor-trailer accident cases. If you’ve been injured in a large truck accident, our tractor-trailer accident attorney can offer the following benefits:
- Assessment and guidance on next steps your case should take
- Help in the collection of evidence related to the crash
- Doing all paperwork when filing a claim
- Negotiating with insurance firms on your behalf
- Representing you in court if the case proceeds to trial
For a free legal consultation with a tractor-trailer accidents lawyer serving Coral Springs, 800-747-3733
Proving Negligence in Tractor-Trailer Accidents
For a personal injury claim to succeed, you must prove negligence, and the following are the legal elements of negligence:
- An Owed Duty of Care: Your lawyer must determine that the person you’re filing a claim against was required to act with a certain standard of care or responsibility.
- A Breach of Duty: This element requires proving that the defendant breached their duty of care by acting negligently. For example, if the driver failed to adhere to traffic laws or if they were driving while distracted or impaired, these may be considered examples of breaches.
- Connection Resulting in the Harm: The element includes establishing that the injury suffered was caused by the defendant’s action and that there are actual damages resulting from their negligent behavior.
- Damages: This element must show you suffered measurable damages because of the accident. Every injury you incurred must be linked directly to the crash.
Coral SpringsTractor-Trailer Accident Lawyer Near Me 800-747-3733
Parties At-fault in Tractor-trailer Accidents
If you’ve been injured in a tractor-trailer accident, it’s crucial to determine which parties may be at fault for the accident. The liable parties in a tractor-trailer accident include:
- The driver
- The trucking company
- Truck manufacturers
- The truck owner
- Truck maintenance company
If you were injured in an accident involving a tractor-trailer, consult a lawyer for help determining liability.
Get Answers From An Experienced Attorney.SPEAK TO AN ATTORNEY NOW
When to File Your Claim
Trucking accident lawsuits are more complicated than other injury claims because numerous parties could potentially be held liable for your damages. It would be best to file your claim before the deadline expires to protect your compensation rights.
Truck accident claims follow different rules than most other personal injury claims. While the statute of limitations for most personal injury cases is four years, the statute of limitations for filing a claim against a government entity is just three years. In addition, if there was a fatality involved in the accident, Florida Statutes § 95.11 dictates that the family members will have two years to file a wrongful death suit against the responsible parties.
It can be challenging to determine which deadline applies when dealing with multiple parties, so consult an attorney immediately after your accident so that you don’t miss out on compensation.
Coral Springs Tractor-Trailer AccidentsYOU CAN TRUST US 800-747-3733
Compensation in a Tractor-trailer Accident Claim
The compensation that you can receive from a truck accident is typically related to the bodily injuries sustained. Truck accidents are usually severe due to the weight and size of the vehicles involved, often resulting in significant injuries. A tractor-trailer attorney can help you obtain the compensation you deserve.
You might be eligible to receive various types of compensation after being involved in a truck accident, including:
- Medical Bills: This type of compensation covers medical expenses suffered from the truck accident, including hospital bills, doctor’s visits, rehabilitation therapy, prescription medications, and other costs incurred for medical treatment related to the accident.
- Lost Wages: This refers to money lost if you miss work due to your injuries sustained in the truck accident. These damages are paid by the at-fault driver’s insurance company or by your employer’s insurance company if you have workers’ compensation coverage.
- Pain and Suffering: Many victims don’t understand this form of compensation, but it’s essential. Pain and suffering refer to the turmoil a victim experiences because of an injury caused by someone else. Mental anguish is considered in some cases, as well.
- Permanent Disability or Disfigurement: If you’ve suffered permanent disabilities due to the accident, such as paralysis or amputation of a limb, you’re entitled to compensation for the loss. Similarly, if the accident has caused any disfigurement that cannot be corrected through surgery, this should also be compensated.
- Wrongful Death: If your loved one has lost their life due to a tractor-trailer accident in Coral Springs, you can claim damages from all parties involved in the accident.
Contact Us Today for Legal Counsel
Trucking accidents are complex, and it can be difficult for many victims to get the compensation they deserve. For this reason, it’s best to know what you’re dealing with before attempting to navigate your way through the legal system. That’s why contacting The Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine is ideal for your claim.
While you worry about getting better, we’ll take care of everything else with our responsive legal care. Contact us today to schedule a free consultation.
We want to put our knowledge, experience, and resources to work for you.SPEAK TO AN ATTORNEY NOW