Whether it was on I-75 or in your own neighborhood, if you were struck by a large commercial truck in Hillsborough County, you can recover compensation.
Trucking and insurance companies may downplay their liability and your pain, but our Brandon tractor-trailer accident lawyers will hold them accountable and uphold your side of the story. You can start a free case review with the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine today. Together, we can explore your legal options.
You Deserve Compensation for Your Past, Present, and Future Damages
In your free case evaluation, we will examine how the truck accident has affected your life and livelihood. Identifying your damages means understanding your life before and after the crash.
After our investigation, we will pursue damages for:
- Medical bills, like hospital stays, medications, and physical therapy
- Lost income, including wages, commissions, and side gigs
- Hobbies you can no longer do, like playing sports or volunteering
- Relationship consequences, such as loss of consortium (companionship)
- Pain, suffering, and inconvenience to your life because of the injuries
- Mental health impacts, like anxiety, depression, and phobias
- Reduced earning ability due to a temporary or permanent injury
Florida’s no-fault laws allow you to recover basic damages through your own insurance coverage, such as for some medical bills and lost income. To recover more extensive compensation, however, you may need to meet a serious injury threshold. By analyzing all angles of your accident, we can assess what you can recover and pursue damages accordingly.
We’re Ready to Seek Compensation If You Lost a Loved One
Even a fully-loaded pickup truck is no match for a tractor-trailer truck. In fact, the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) reports that of 2019’s truck crash fatalities, 67 percent were passenger vehicle occupants.
For families who have loved ones in tractor-trailer collisions, compensation could include:
- Remaining medical expenses, like surgeries and hospital stays
- Lost income that would have been provided by the deceased
- Pain and suffering, mental anguish, and other emotional damages
You deserve to put your loved one to rest without having to forgo any necessary expenses. Yet, according to the Federal Trade Commission (FTC), the casket alone ranges from $2,000 to $10,000.
To honor your departed family member, pay their bills, and compensate you after a fatal tractor-trailer accident, our team can file a wrongful death claim or lawsuit.
Some Laws Affect Your Compensatory Damages in Brandon, FL
Further complicating commercial truck accidents are Florida’s fault laws. We already mentioned that you typically file an injury claim through your own insurance. However, serious injuries could allow for more extensive damages (Florida Statutes § 627.737).
Truck accidents frequently cause serious injuries due to the large size of trucks. Given that, we can pursue additional compensation if you suffered:
- The loss of important bodily functions
- Permanent injuries
- Significant permanent scarring
- Significant permanent disfigurement
- The loss of a family member
Insurance companies and negligent parties may try to argue that your injuries do not merit compensation. Our team can compile evidence to refute their claims, highlighting the severity of your pain and arguing for appropriate damages.
We Will Manage Everything Your Case Requires to Reach Completion
Instead of caring for an injured party, tractor-trailer collision cases can devolve into pointing fingers. Many trucking companies, truck drivers, and insurance companies are less interested in helping you heal and more interested in saving money.
Helping you heal is our priority. Rather than devolution, we push for resolution by:
- Taking over communications with all parties
- Helping schedule appointments for doctors and repairs
- Providing your attorney’s phone number
- Offering regular updates on your case without being asked
- Gathering evidence to resolve liability disputes
- Reviewing and negotiating settlement terms
- Determining if and when to file a personal injury lawsuit
- Representing you in court if your case proceeds to trial
Tractor-trailer accident cases can require juggling communications with multiple parties. Instead of facing them alone, you can take them on with the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine. Our lawyers, paralegals, and investigators can help balance the fight.
We Also Provide Other Forms of Support
In addition to the services listed above, our lawyers can help with:
- Day-to-day logistics
- Answering questions
- Identifying liable parties
- Filling out paperwork
- Understanding your rights
- Explaining legal terms
- Determining deadlines
Don’t wait to explore your options until you’re already overwhelmed–– and don’t assume your questions are dumb. There is no pressure and no hassle when you consult our team. Here, you can just get the answers to your most pressing questions.
We Will Prove Liability for Your Truck Accident Case
Some trucking companies can be held liable for their drivers. Other tractor-trailer operators are independent and face liability on their own. Some truckers don’t have sufficient insurance coverage for serious injuries. Other crashes involve faulty auto parts or road maintenance failures.
Our team can investigate these possible liable parties:
- Trucking companies
- Truck drivers
- Third parties
- Government entities
- Auto maintenance shops
- Manufacturers and designers
Additionally, we can determine how the liable party’s identity affects your filing deadline. For instance, you generally have less time to file a lawsuit against a government agency than against an individual.
We Manage These Truck Accident Cases for Injured Claimants
We help injured claimants after suffering:
- Jackknife crashes
- Collisions caused by improperly loaded cargo
- Underride and override accidents
- Rollover accidents
- Side-impact collisions
- Head-on collisions
- Crashes related to turning
- Blindspot accidents
Begin Your Free Case Review Now
The Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine is more than a law firm. We’re a supportive team that will go the extra mile to champion your rights. Our tractor-trailer accident lawyers serve residents of Brandon and the surrounding area who have been affected by negligence. Schedule your free case review today!
We Can Help.