Tractor-trailer accidents can cause severe injuries to the victims or even death. These accidents can happen in a fraction of a second, but the aftermath can last a lifetime. Work with a tractor-trailer accident lawyer after the accident to fight for compensation for your losses.
Our Hollywood tractor-trailer accident lawyers manage your case, gather evidence to show liability, and negotiate with the insurer for a reasonable settlement. If negotiations fail, your lawyer can represent you at trial. We offer free consultations to victims of truck accidents, and our attorneys work on contingency, so we only get paid if you do.
How a Hollywood Tractor-Trailer Accident Lawyer Can Help
Here are some ways our lawyers can help with your tractor-trailer accident case:
Support Your Claim With Evidence
Your truck accident injury claim is only as strong as the evidence you provide. Your lawyer will conduct a thorough investigation of your accident and gather sufficient evidence that shows a relationship between your injuries and the accident. The evidence will be used to prove the defendant’s liability and your right to compensation.
Evidence may include:
- Accident reports
- Medical reports
- Eyewitness statements
Our firm may even work with expert witnesses in some cases to help us prove fault and liability for your injuries.
Determine the Amount of Compensation
Your lawyer will fight for compensation that covers your current and anticipated medical expenses, lost wages, and pain and suffering. Some of the losses that are recoverable in a personal injury case include:
- Medical expenses to treat your injuries
- Future medical care and ongoing treatment
- Physical therapy costs
- Loss of wages
- Reduced earning capacity
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Funeral and burial expenses if you lost a loved one
Communicate With the Insurance Provider on Your Behalf
Your lawyer will protect your rights and fight for a fair settlement during the negotiation process.
The role of the lawyer during the claims process includes:
- Managing your claim and filing paperwork
- Communicating with insurance adjusters, truck carriers, and other parties
- Negotiating with the insurance company and other parties
- Safeguarding your legal rights during the negotiations
- Representing you at trial if necessary
Our team will keep you updated on the status of your case, return your phone calls and emails, and answer all your questions. We even provide your attorney’s phone number, so you are always connected to your legal team.
Common Causes of Tractor-Trailer Accidents in Hollywood
Some of the factors that could lead to an accident with a tractor-trailer include:
- Fatigued driving: A tired driver is one possible cause of tractor-trailer accidents in Hollywood. Some truck drivers don’t get enough sleep or rest due to their demanding schedules with long days and nights despite federal hours of service rules. Fatigue can increase the risk of an accident.
- Reckless driving: It’s challenging to bring a huge truck to a stop in an emergency due to its immense size and weight. More time and space are required to get a large truck to a complete halt. When the truck driver is speeding, following too closely, or otherwise driving carelessly or recklessly, it puts everybody at greater risk of an accident.
- Drunk driving: Driving while drunk is illegal and highly reckless. Occasionally, tractor-trailer accidents in Florida happen due to drunk driving. In such cases, you can pursue an injury claim based on the driver’s negligence.
- Distracted driving: Some motor vehicle accidents happen due to distracted driving. A distracted driver can cause an accident while eating, drinking, or using a cell phone.
Determining a Tractor-Trailer Accident Liability
Truck accident claims are more complex than collisions involving only personal vehicles. When a truck accident occurs, the driver might not be the only party at fault.
Here is a list of potentially liable parties:
- Tractor-trailer driver: Reasons for a driver causing an accident include speeding, reckless driving, fatigue, or distraction. Driving while exhausted or under the influence can lead to errors or miscalculations, causing a crash.
- Trucking companies: A trucking company may be responsible for the actions of its drivers. The trucking companies must also have safety policies and regular truck maintenance.
- Truck manufacturers: Sometimes truck parts fail, which can cause a serious accident. Brakes failing or safety equipment failing to deploy can cause accidents.
- Cargo loaders: Poor loading procedures can result in unsecured and unstable loads, which can be dangerous on the road. Furthermore, some truckers often transport hazardous chemicals that are flammable and corrosive. An unstable load can lead to a serious wreck.
Your tractor trailer accident lawyer will investigate the truck accident and collect evidence to identify the parties liable for the accident.
Contact the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine for a Free Case Review
If you’ve been harmed in a tractor-trailer accident in Hollywood, call the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine for legal help. We’ll handle everything concerning your claim as you focus on recuperating.
Our lawyers are ready to go the extra mile to safeguard your interests and fight for a just settlement. We’re prepared to answer all your queries and get started on your case. Call us to get a free case review.
We Can Help.