When tractor-trailer accidents happen, they can cause serious injuries and even death. After the accident, you can seek compensation. Our Palm Coast personal injury lawyers offer professional advice and can guide you through filing a personal injury claim.
The most crucial role of a lawyer after an accident is proving liability and negligence. Your lawyer can use prior knowledge from similar cases to collect evidence connecting the accident to the at-fault party.
Damages You Can Recover After a Tractor-trailer Accident
After a tractor-trailer accident in Palm Coast, you can pursue compensation based on your sustained damages. We can determine the value of your claim.
Here are some damages you can get depending on your claim:
Medical Care Expenses
You are entitled to financial compensation for all the medical expenses incurred after the trailer accident. The medical expenses include physical therapy, hospital transport, and general hospital bills. A lawyer will also ensure that any future medical costs are covered if treatment will last for years.
Some of the severe injuries you can receive compensation for include:
- Traumatic brain injury (TBI)
- Neck and back injuries
- Internal injuries needing an organ transplant
- Broken bones
- Spinal cord injury
After an accident, you might lose your income during the recovery period since you cannot work. Also, some trailer accident injuries can be disabling, forcing you to retire early or look for a lower-paying job you can perform.
You are allowed to claim financial compensation from the insurer for lost wages or reduced earning capacity. Your lawyer will ensure the value of lost wages is based on current and future lost earnings, depending on the nature of your injuries.
Repair or Vehicle Replacement Cost
If the accident is not your fault, the trucking company should compensate you for all damages, car repair, or replacement included. If your vehicle is written off after the accident, the insurance company can pay you based on the market value of your car before the accident. If the car was damaged but can be repaired, the at-fault party’s insurer will pay the total cost incurred for the repairs.
The claim will also cover the cost of renting a similar car for use during the repair and replacement period.
If you lose your spouse or a family member in a tractor-trailer accident, you can file a wrongful death claim. Such a claim can also be awarded to individuals whose spouse or close family member becomes disabled after the accident. The intention behind the compensation is that the victim can no longer provide companionship, sexual relations, and love.
Wrongful death claim covers burial and funeral expenses, loss of financial security, and loss of companionship.
Pain and Suffering
After a traumatic accident, you are entitled to financial compensation for physical and emotional suffering. You might experience depression if your injuries cause disability. You may need the services of a therapist to overcome the emotional trauma. The insurance provider is responsible for covering all the therapy costs. Your lawyer will also assist in determining the value of the emotional pain and suffering to guarantee you receive fair compensation.
Our Palm Coast Tractor-trailer Accident Lawyers Can Handle Your Case
A tractor-trailer accident can be a traumatic and life-altering experience. As such, enlisting the services of a Palm Coast tractor trailer accident lawyer can help you navigate the murky legal processes while focusing on your health.
Our lawyers are ready to safeguard your legal rights in the harrowing aftermath of a tractor-trailer accident. Your legal can fight for compensation for your injuries and monetary loss incurred during the recovery period.
Identifying the liable party after a tractor-trailer accident can be challenging since several parties can be at fault. It’s the responsibility of your lawyer to investigate and identify all at-fault parties.
Depending on your case, here is a list of potentially liable parties:
- Tractor-trailer Driver: It’s a requirement by law for tractor-trailer drivers to undergo special training and licensing to qualify for the job. Most tractor-trailer accidents occur due to the driver’s negligence or error. For example, a driver can cause an accident due to speeding, distraction, or driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol. Also, an exhausted driver is prone to make errors on the road, like miscalculation and misjudgment.
- Truck and Parts Manufacturers: The truck and parts manufacturers have been entrusted to produce quality and reliable equipment. Trailers are heavyweight industrial machines that need quality parts every time because they are subjected to high stress. If the manufacturer produces faulty parts, the trailer is prone to accidents due to failing brakes or general mechanical problems.
- Truck Owners: Most of the time, employers are responsible for the actions of their employees. A trucking company has a legal obligation during the hiring and training of the drivers to ensure they hire the right people. The trucking company must also have safety policies and a regular maintenance schedule for their trailers. If the company fails on its duty of care, it’s liable for any accidents.
- Cargo Loaders: The loaders should follow and execute procedures properly during the loading process. Poor loading will cause the trailer to be unstable, posing a danger to everyone on the road. A poorly loaded trailer can quickly lose control and cause a severe accident.
Let Our Tractor-trailer Accident Lawyer Help With Your Case
After a tractor-trailer accident, working with a lawyer can take the weight of the legal process off your shoulders. Hiring a lawyer from the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine can help you focus on your recovery. We can deal with the trucking company and their insurance companies.
Our team of lawyers is available 24/7 to respond to any questions. Access a free consultation for your case. Call us today.
We Can Help.