According to the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration, tens of thousands of bus accidents occur every year in the United States, causing debilitating injuries, death, and financial loss to many people. Pedestrians, cyclists, and other motorists are those who suffer the most due to the massive weights of these buses. While this is bad news, there is a silver lining. If you live in Oviedo and are a victim of a bus accident, the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine may be able to help you receive monetary compensation for your losses. Call us now at 1-800-747-3733 for a free consultation.
Common Reasons for Bus Accidents
Factors that may contribute to bus accidents include the following:
- Mechanical factors: like any other motor vehicle, a bus can experience problems with the engine, brakes, tires, or other mechanical components. When these faults go unchecked, the engine may catch fire, brakes may not work when necessary, or other problems may result. This is why it is essential for bus owners to take routine checkups and maintenance seriously.
- Environmental factors: while this is often overlooked when determining liability, sometimes bus accidents are a result of the climate. Strong winds and fog can diminish visibility and make controlling the bus a very difficult feat. Also, precipitation from rain and snow can make the road slippery and accident-prone.
- Operational factors: when drivers are overworked, they may drive while tired or fall asleep behind the wheel. Also, bus companies that hire unqualified drivers put hundreds of people at risk each time the vehicle is in operation. Negligent actions such as speeding, distracted driving, eating behind the wheel, and driving while intoxicated can also lead to an accident.
If you were involved in a bus accident, call an Oviedo bus accident lawyer today at 1-800-747-3733. We can help to protect your legal rights and, depending on the details of your case, we may be able to help you win damages.
For a free legal consultation with a bus accidents lawyer serving Oviedo, 800-747-3733
Hiring an Oviedo Bus Accident Lawyer from the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine
When we come onto the case, our first order of business will be to investigate your claims and determine liability. The parties that may be held liable include the following:
- The bus driver for being negligent
- The bus company for failing to maintain their vehicle or hire a qualified driver
- Another motorist who may have caused the bus driver to lose control
- The manufacturer of the bus for overlooking a design or mechanical defect
- Passengers on the bus for distracting the driver
OviedoBus Accident Lawyer Near Me 800-747-3733
Let Us Work for You
Our bus accident lawyers are ready to listen to your case and provide valuable counsel. When you hire us, you only have to worry about getting better; we take care of everything else. Let us start with your litigation. Call us now at 1-800-747-3733.
We want to put our knowledge, experience, and resources to work for you.SPEAK TO AN ATTORNEY NOW