Unintentional injuries claim 12,175 children’s lives in the United States each year, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). At the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine, we understand that you want nothing more than the best for your child. If your child was injured due to the negligence of another party, an Oviedo child injury lawyer can help you explore your legal options for pursuing financial recovery. Should your case be successful, you may be able to seek damages associated with medical bills and emotional trauma.
Our team is standing by to hear from you today. We offer a free initial consultation, during which you will have the chance to share the details of your child’s accident with us. To get started, call the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine today at 1-800-747-3733.
For a free legal consultation with a child injury lawyer serving Oviedo, call (800) 747-3733
Situations That Lead to Child Injuries
The CDC reports that over 9 million children are sent to the emergency room each year for non-fatal injuries. Depending on how your child was injured will dictate who can be held responsible for your damages. For example, if your child was injured in a school bus accident, you may be able to pursue damages from the school district or negligent motorist.
Some circumstances that may have led to your child’s injuries include:
- Car accident injuries: Children are more at risk for injuries in car accidents because of their smaller frames. If your child was injured in this situation, liability could rest on the motorist who caused the collision.
- Playground injuries: Ill-maintained playgrounds with unsafe landing surfaces and equipment can lead to serious injuries. Depending on where the playground was located will play a role in who can be held responsible for your economic and noneconomic damages.
- Dangerous drug reactions: You may have given your child a medication that caused a severe reaction. If the children’s product warning label on the drug did not provide dosage information for children or did not include a clear warning, you may have the basis of a product liability claim.
Of course, this is not an exhaustive list of the different scenarios that could have led to your child’s condition. It will be the goal of your Oviedo child injury lawyer to determine how your child was injured, and from there, pursue the cost of the incident’s expenses. To get started with a free consultation, call the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine today at 1-800-747-3733.
Oviedo Child Injury Lawyer Near Me (800) 747-3733
Florida’s Statute of Limitations
The state of Florida has a statute of limitations that grants claimants a deadline for pursuing litigation for personal injury claims. In most personal injury claims, under Florida Statute § 95.11, you have four years from the date of the accident to file a lawsuit. Yet, because your child is a minor, they may be granted additional time to take legal action. An Oviedo child injury lawyer can explain what this could mean for your case.
Call the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine Today
We know that there is nothing more important to you than your child’s well-being. This is why we encourage you to focus on their recovery while we take care of everything else.
When you hire us, our child injury lawyers can:
- Protect and defend the legal rights of your child.
- Investigate the accident and collect all relevant evidence.
- Review medical records, police reports, and other documents.
- Consult with experts, such as child psychologists and medical doctors, where necessary.
- Interview witnesses and document testimonies.
- File a claim against the liable parties and their insurance companies.
To learn more about what responsibilities we can undertake on your behalf, call the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine today at 1-800-747-3733.