In an accident between a motor vehicle and a bicycle, the bicyclist is more likely to get injured or die, even if they wear the right safety equipment. In 2018, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) reported that 857 bicyclists lost their lives in a motor vehicle crash or collision.
If you or a loved one was hit by a truck, bus, or personal vehicle, the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine want to help you seek justice and recover awards for your property damage and personal injuries. To see how an Oviedo bicycle accident lawyer may be able to help, call us now at 1-800-747-3733 for a free consultation.
The Common Ways Bicycle Accidents Occur
There are a few typical situations that may lead to a bicycle accident. They include:
- A driver fails to spot a cyclist before turning or changing lanes – In these situations, the driver is moving at a high speed and is unable to stop in time before hitting the cyclist.
- The roads are poorly maintained – Bicycles are lightweight and do not have the same shock-absorbing features of motor vehicles. So, on pothole-ridden roads, the cyclist may lose their balance and sustain serious injuries.
- Reckless driving – A motorist who drives haphazardly can be a danger to themselves and other cyclists on the road. By failing to adhere to the rules of the road, their actions could result in the loss of innocent life.
Liability in Bicycle Accident Lawsuits
If you decide to move forward with civil litigation against the party responsible for your injuries, you can hire a personal injury lawyer to help you navigate through the legal process. This is where the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine come in. Call us at 1-800-747-3733 for a free consultation. Once hired, we will investigate the accident and find the liable parties. Per our experience with bicycle accident cases, the liable party may likely be one or more of the following:
- The commercial vehicle company – If the accident involved a truck or large vehicle, the company may be held liable for your wounds and injuries, especially if it is discovered that they hired an unqualified driver.
- The driver – The driver is often the person responsible for a bicycle accident. We can file an insurance claim against their company and fight for compensation to help you recover damages for injuries.
- The maintenance company – If the auto mechanic company in charge of maintaining the vehicle that caused your accident is found negligent in their duties, we will not hesitate to file a claim against them.
Start Your Litigation Process Today with an Oviedo Bicycle Accident Lawyer
For justice’s sake, we will go the extra mile to help you receive the monetary compensation you are entitled to. Since we also care about your health, our responsive legal team will take care of everything else while you focus on your health and recovery. An Oviedo bicycle accident lawyer wants to hear your case. Call us now at 1-800-747-3733.
We Can Help.