There are thousands of car accidents in the sunshine state every year. There are around 400,000 accidents annually, according to the Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles (FLHSMV). The aftermath of a car crash is often full of stress and financial strain. The injured party usually needs time to heal and recover.
Whiplash and cuts from broken glass are often associated with car accidents. While these are common, another frequent car-crash injury involves the chest. A Miami chest injury caused by car accident lawyer might be able to help you get compensation. Call us today at 1-800-747-3733. At the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine, we work on a contingency basis. With us in your corner, you worry about getting better, and we take care of everything else.
Chest Pains After a Car Accident
After an accident, many people experience pain, soreness, and discomfort. Car crash victims experience chest pain for a variety of reasons. Never hesitate to seek medical attention for any pain after an accident, including chest pain. There are many reasons for pain in the chest, and some are serious. Chest pains could be the result of:
- Bruised or fractured ribs
- Sternum fracture
- Ruptured diaphragm
- Internal bleeding
- Organ injuries
- Torn cartilage
- Heart attack
In a car accident, the chest is easily injured, as it is near the steering wheel and seat belt. Many things can go wrong due to the impact and cause injury, pain, soreness, aching, and discomfort. If you haven’t sought medical care yet, get help as soon as possible. Also, seeing a doctor may help your claim, as it shows the insurance company the presence of pain and injury.
For a free legal consultation with a chest injury lawyer serving Miami, 800-747-3733
According to Florida Statutes §627.736, automobile operators must carry liability insurance. This insurance has requirements, including coverage for personal injury protection. When you sustain an injury in a car accident, you can seek compensation from your own insurance coverage, regardless of who is at fault.
If an insurance company payout is not sufficient to cover your expenses, you might be able to file a lawsuit against the at-fault driver. Often, insurance companies attempt to minimize the state of your injuries to save money. For this reason, a lawyer from the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine can help you communicate with insurance adjusters. Try to talk to us before you speak to any insurance company representative.
MiamiChest Injury Lawyer Near Me 800-747-3733
Compensation for Your Chest Injury
If your chest injury is due to another driver’s negligence, you may be wondering about compensation. Your lawyers will investigate your situation and review your options. Each case is unique, but many accident victims receive:
- Medical: This compensation includes all medical expenses related to the incident. This includes bills on the day of the accident, immediately following, and in the future. It also may consist of medical equipment and prescriptions.
- Lost wages: If you lose money from missing work due to your injuries, you might be awarded lost wages, benefits, and possibly diminished earning capacity.
- Pain and suffering: Pain and suffering are multifaceted and might include both visible and invisible damages. These include pain, mental anguish, trauma, and lifestyle changes.
Get Answers From An Experienced Attorney.SPEAK TO AN ATTORNEY NOW
What to Expect When Seeking Compensation
When you have a chest injury due to a car collision, you may wonder what the process of filing a claim looks like.
- Initial Consultation: The first step is calling the office of a Miami chest injury car accident lawyer. When you call our team at 1-800-747-3733, you set up an initial consultation. You meet with a lawyer who will speak with you about the specifics of your case. They will ask about the accident, your chest pain and injuries, and your medical care. Be sure to be open with your lawyer about the details of the case. It may help to bring any notes you’ve taken about the incident.
- Investigation: Your attorney will gather evidence for you, including documents, bills, and records. The burden is on us to prove your case, so you don’t have to concern yourself with these details.
- Negotiating: Sometimes, there is no need for mediation or a lawsuit. Your team will negotiate with the other party to resolve the claim without taking it to the next step. Many cases settle before they go to mediation or the courtroom.
- Mediation: When negotiation doesn’t take, the next step is mediation, using a third-party mediator. In most cases, a settlement is reached without going to court.
- A Lawsuit is Filed and Goes to Trial: A lawsuit results when a fair settlement through mediation cannot be reached. The time it takes to go through the trial process varies greatly. It can take months and even years for resolution.
Miami Chest InjuryYOU CAN TRUST US 800-747-3733
Statute of Limitations
Time is essential in any case. A statute of limitations is the time you have to file a lawsuit. In the state of Florida, you have four years from the date of the accident to file a civil lawsuit, according to Florida Statutes §95.11. It’s usually best to contact a law firm as soon as you can. Acting fast can ensure you do not miss the filing deadline. Your lawyers may be able to gather witnesses, reports, and evidence even quicker when it is a recent incident.
Insurance provider settlements are not always reasonable, and they tend to act in their best interest and work against you to save money. This isn’t fair. We go the extra mile to get the justice you deserve.
Chest injuries and pain due to a car accident can cause multiple financial, physical, and mental problems. You may already feel financial strain due to loss of work and medical bills piling up. At the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine, we don’t charge a fee until you’ve received your settlement. Call 1-800-747-3733 today.
We want to put our knowledge, experience, and resources to work for you.SPEAK TO AN ATTORNEY NOW