Car accidents can lead to various serious injuries, including chest trauma. The chest contains numerous vital organs. When injured, serious complications can arise.
If you or a loved one are suffering from a chest injury after a car accident, you could qualify for compensation. A Delray Beach car accident lawyer from our team can negotiate with insurers and fight for a settlement on your behalf.
What A Delray Beach Chest Injury Lawyer Can Do For You
Managing chest injuries after a car accident isn’t easy. There are doctor’s visits, medical bills, and, worst of all, aggressive insurers. Add the challenge of a prolonged recovery process, and it can feel impossible to manage your responsibilities.
With the help of a Delray Beach chest injury lawyer, you don’t need to tackle these challenges alone. We can provide you with several services, including:
- Communicating and negotiating with insurers on your behalf
- Always protecting your best interests
- Gathering evidence and building your case
- Filing a lawsuit and taking your case to court if needed
- Advising you on your legal options
In addition to managing your case, we offer our clients multiple quality-of-life perks, including:
- Giving you the phone number of the lawyer assigned to your case
- Answering any questions you have
- Promptly responding to your inquiries
- Assisting you with scheduling doctor’s appointments and car repairs
We know you’re in a tough spot, so we’re here to give you some breathing room. We can tangle with insurers and opposing legal teams, so you don’t have to.
To learn more about working with the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine, check out these client testimonials:
- “I was very pleased with the service I received from the law firm of Anidjar and Levine. I was glad I picked this law firm to represent me. The Shire was very attentive and worked hard to make sure all of my concerns were sufficiently addressed. I would highly recommend this law firm to anyone!” – Viviana J.
- “What unbelievable professionalism. If you have to hire an attorney to represent you during a difficult time, there is no other choice than Anidjar and Levine. Everyone I dealt with was great. Special thanks to Jonathan Holtz.” – Charles L.
- “Jonathan at Andijar and Levine was very helpful. He kept us informed and comfortable that he was doing everything that he could to get us the most for our settlement. Thank you, Andijar and Levine.” – Joe H.
Our Payment Plan
At the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine, we like to keep it simple. To do so, we operate on a contingency fee basis. The perks of this payment plan include:
- We charge nothing upfront for our legal services
- You don’t pay our team unless we win your case
- Our payment comes as a percentage of your final settlement offer
Contingency fees allow us to provide accessible legal support to those in need. We understand that you might be facing significant medical bills and other losses. These financial concerns don’t need to bar you from working with a lawyer.
What’s My Chest Injury Case Worth?
Every car accident involving chest injuries is unique. Some are minor fender benders, whereas others are serious multi-car pile-ups. This means there’s no average case value, as your settlement will depend on the context of your unique situation.
However, several factors can impact how much you receive, including:
- The legal team you hire
- The severity of your injuries
- The amount of damage your vehicle sustained
- Whether or not you can prove another party is responsible for your injuries
- Whether or not you pass the no-fault threshold
A Delray Beach chest injuries lawyer from our team can discuss the possible value of your case with you during a free case evaluation. This estimation could prove helpful during settlement negotiations, preventing insurers from blindsiding you with unfair offers.
What’s The No-Fault Threshold?
In Delray Beach, you can only receive compensation from your personal injury protection (PIP) plan after a car accident unless you pass the no-fault threshold. To pass this threshold, you must have suffered a serious injury, which includes:
- Significant and permanent loss of an important bodily function
- Permanent injury within a reasonable degree of medical probability, other than scarring or disfigurement
- Significant and permanent scarring or disfigurement
If your chest injuries meet these conditions, you can file a lawsuit or insurance claim against a responsible party. Remember, to succeed in either of these efforts, you must prove that someone else is responsible for your car accident injuries.
Damages Available In A Chest Injuries Case
If you don’t pass the no-fault threshold, you can receive coverage for your medical expenses from your PIP plan. If you do pass the no-fault threshold, you can pursue a broad spectrum of damages, including:
- Reducing earning capacity
- Medical expenses, both present and future
- Lost wages
- Pain, suffering, and mental anguish
- Wrongful death damages
- Vehicle repair expenses
Some damages not noted here may apply to your case. Our team can review your losses and inform you of which damages you’re eligible for.
What Qualifies As A Chest Injury?
Car accidents can cause a range of chest injuries, including the following:
- Broken ribs: Broken ribs on their own are relatively minor injuries, healing within a month or so. However, if a rib completely snaps, bone fragments can cause damage to critical organs like the lungs, aorta, or kidney.
- Bruised ribs: Bruised ribs, while uncomfortable, typically heal on their own.
- Internal bleeding: Blunt force trauma can cause internal bleeding, a serious medical condition. Surgery is necessary in severe cases.
- Organ damage: Another impact of blunt force trauma, which can affect the liver, lungs, heart, kidney, or spleen. Organ damage often requires medical intervention and can prove fatal.
These injuries are typically linked to airbags, seatbelts, or loose objects kicked up by a car accident. They also often have similar symptoms but different consequences. For instance, internal bleeding will require rapid medical intervention, while bruised ribs won’t.
For this reason, you should speak with a doctor after a car accident. They can diagnose your injuries and devise a treatment plan. Similarly, you’ll need proof of your injuries during an insurance claim or lawsuit. Medical records can act as this proof.
Work With A Delray Beach Chest Injury Lawyer Today
The personal injury lawyers with the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine are ready to fight for you. Contact our offices today to receive a free case evaluation. During this initial meeting, we can discuss your goals and plan how to move forward.
We Can Help.