A neck injury is just one of the possible health problems that can come from a slip and fall accident. Dealing with a neck injury can be exhausting physically, mentally, emotionally, and financially, and the person or people responsible for your slip and fall accident could owe you compensation to cover your losses. If a property owner was negligent, then they may be responsible for the harm they have caused, and other parties could be legally liable for your losses as well.
You can call our team for a Miami neck injuries caused by slip and fall lawyer to find out how you may get your case started. Call the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine today at 1-800-747-3733 to find out how we can go the extra mile for you or a loved one.
For a free legal consultation with a neck injuries lawyer serving Miami, call (800) 747-3733
How Neck Injuries May Affect You
MedlinePlus notes that neck disorders may be the result of a fall, and suffering a neck injury could cause you to suffer an array of negative symptoms. Some of the symptoms that you may experience because of a neck injury include:
- Limited range of motion in your neck and head area
- Pain, which may occur when your head and neck are stationary, when you attempt to move your neck, or in both instances
- Limited range of motion overall, because moving could cause pain in your neck
- Difficulty sleeping due to pain
- Significant emotional and psychological anguish due to the physical pain and lack of freedom that you experience due to your neck injury
A slip and fall accident could cause these symptoms in any member of the population, but some groups may be generally more susceptible to fall-related injuries than others. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) notes how the older population, a staple of Miami and surrounding areas, may be especially at risk of being injured because of a fall.
You may have difficulty finding an effective treatment for a neck injury, and the symptoms that you experience may cause several types of harm beyond the physical and psychological symptoms of your injury.
Secondary Damage of a Neck Injury
Being in physical pain and experiencing related psychological anguish may be a significant burden, but it may not be the only consequence of a fall-related neck injury. Suffering a neck injury could also lead to:
- A lengthy period where you or your loved one are unable to work, and therefore unable to earn a living
- Significant medical bills related to diagnosing and treating your neck injury
- The need for medications for your pain, which may come at a significant cost
- The need for therapy for the mental toll of being injured and immobile
- A permanent decline in your ability to earn a living
- Significant pain and suffering
The collective symptoms of a neck injury may diminish the quality of your relationships and your life in general. The harm that you experience may therefore range far beyond what might first appear.
A Miami neck injuries caused by slip and fall lawyer will assess the full extent of your injury-related losses and fight for the compensation that you deserve. Call the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine today at 1-800-747-3733 for a free consultation about how we may help you seek fair awards for your losses.
Miami Neck Injuries Lawyer Near Me (800) 747-3733
Negligence May Have Caused Your Injuries
Your lawyer will rely on certain legal standards when arguing that you are owed compensation. Negligence may be one of those standards. The American Bar Association (ABA) explains that a motorist may be negligent if:
- They did not intend to cause you harm, but…
- Their actions put you at a foreseeable risk of harm
If you or a loved one were injured because of one or more parties’ negligence, then that party could be responsible for some or all of the losses that you have suffered. Your lawyer may take multiple steps in order to prove that your losses are the result of negligence, including:
- Establishing that the at-fault party owed you a duty of care, which the Legal Information Institute (LII) explains further
- Showing that the at-fault party breached their duty of care to you in some way
- Proving that the breach of duty of care caused the slip and fall accident by which you were injured
- Showing a causal link between the accident caused by a breach of duty of care and the losses that you have suffered
When seeking compensation, your lawyer will not only consider the losses that you have suffered to date. They will also account for losses that you are likely or certain to suffer in the future, and seek compensation for those as well.
Your Lawyer Will Finalize a Claim or Lawsuit
Different circumstances may call for different approaches when seeking compensation. Two of the means that you may take when seeking compensation are a lawsuit or insurance claim. A lawyer will ensure that, whichever path you choose, your case for awards reaches completion.
Your lawyer’s duties may depend on whether you bring a claim, lawsuit, or some combination of these actions. In either case, your lawyer may:
- Represent you in communications with insurers, attorneys, or other parties
- Gather evidence of the circumstances that caused your accident
- Speak with witnesses to your accident or causal circumstances
- Calculate the cost of your losses
- Hire experts to help with your case
- Negotiate an insurance settlement or pre-trial settlement
- Defend your rights
A lawyer will handle the strategy for your case, as well as the execution of that strategy. If a trial is necessary in the case that you bring a lawsuit, then your lawyer will complete a trial.
Call the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine Today
The decision to hire a Miami neck injuries caused by slip and fall lawyer could allow you to focus on getting better while your lawyer takes care of everything else. Call the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine today at 1-800-747-3733 for a free consultation.