Tanker truck accidents can cause serious or even fatal injuries. You may face medical bills, lost wages, and other expenses.
A Coral Springs tanker truck accident lawyer can help you recover compensation for your losses.
Recoverable Damages from a Tanker Truck Accident
You can file a claim to recover any damages you sustained from the accident. You could recover compensation for:
- Lost wages and loss of the ability to earn income such as in accidents that result in permanent disability
- Ongoing and future medical bills
- Repairing or replacing any damaged property
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of quality of life and mental anguish
How Can a Tanker Truck Accident Lawyer Help?
A Coral Springs injury lawyer from our firm possesses the necessary tools to deal with your case. When you enlist our help, we handle the following:
We investigate your accident to determine which party is liable for the accident. Once we have identified the liable party, we prove the four elements of negligence to hold them accountable:
- Duty of care
- Breach of duty
For your case to succeed and get compensation, you need evidence that supports your claims. Contact a Coral Springs tanker accident lawyer as soon as you can after the accident. Contacting us early gives us the chance to collect evidence before it gets lost with time.
Some of the evidence we collect includes:
- Eyewitness reports: Our team can interview eyewitnesses to learn what they saw before, during, and after the accident.
- Police report: The police take statements from all available parties when they arrive at the accident scene. We can obtain the police report to help support your case.
- Medical documentation includes all your doctor’s visits, the extent of your injuries, and the medical expenses used in treating you.
- Visual evidence of the accident: It can include any pictures or video surveillance of the accident or the area surrounding the accident scene.
- The truck driver’s information: Your lawyer can get the driver’s driving history, the truck logbook, and loading dock information.
- Data from the truck’s black box: The truck’s black box includes information such as the truck’s speed before the collision, whether the driver applied their brakes, how long the driver had been on the road, and more.
Much of the evidence we need is with the trucking company. Our team will draft a letter of spoliation to ensure the protection of the evidence.
Handling Legal Communication
The other party and their insurance adjusters might be looking to reduce the amount of compensation they pay you. As such, they might try reaching out to you soon after the accident.
There are several things to keep in mind when speaking with the other party or their insurer:
- Don’t give out any information unless you have a truck accident lawyer by your side. We ensure you don’t say anything that can compromise your case.
- Don’t sign any documents without your lawyer present.
- Don’t apologize or take any responsibility for the accident.
Our team will communicate with the insurer on your behalf to protect your right to compensation.
Negotiating a Settlement
The insurance agency or the responsible party will most likely offer you a settlement that is much less than your case is worth. Let your lawyer handle the negotiation with them and get you the compensation you deserve.
Taking Your Case to Court
In some cases, the parties cannot come to an agreement. In these circumstances, you may want to take your case to court, where the decision lies with the judge or the jury. There are other situations where going to court may be the best option. Your lawyer prepares your case for trial and presents it before the court.
Finding the Right Specialists
The time after an accident can be chaotic. Your lawyer can help handle some of the burdens for you. They will help you contact the right doctors with experience to help your recovery. They can also contact other specialists, such as physical therapists and psychologists, to help you get back on your feet.
Causes of a Tanker Truck Accident
All types of negligence can cause a tanker truck accident, including:
- Driving under the influence
- Unbalanced or poorly secured cargo
- A distracted or fatigued driver
- Driver with little experience or no training
- Mechanical problems
- Aggressive driving
Injuries Incurred from a Tanker Truck Accident
Tanker trucks can carry hazardous materials, such as gasoline, ethanol, and petroleum-based products. These materials can cause second and third-degree burns upon contact with someone’s skin. Regardless of what they carry, tanker trucks are larger than other vehicles on the road. An accident with a tanker truck can result in debilitating injuries, such as:
- Bone fractures
- Traumatic brain injury
- Internal injuries
You might also suffer from severe lacerations and bruises, spinal cord injuries, internal organ injuries, or injuries to tendons, ligaments, and muscles. In some cases, a tanker truck accident can result in the loss of a loved one.
These injuries range from mild to severe, and some can cause lifelong complications. These result in high medical and maintenance costs that will create a significant dent in your finances. Contacting a Coral Springs tanker truck accident lawyer takes the burden off you, fighting for the compensation you deserve for your injuries.
Contact a Coral Springs Tanker Truck Accident Lawyer Today
The Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine has a team of attorneys who can provide you with responsive legal care. Our attorneys answer all your questions and take care of everything else for you. They can help you schedule appointments and even help get your car fixed to get your life back to normal.
We Can Help.