Tanker truck accidents are like a physics equation gone wrong. These vehicles are not only heavier and larger than the typical car, but they also carry potentially explosive payloads. This means that those caught in tanker truck accidents can suffer severe injuries.
I-75 borders Brandon, FL. This highway is the most likely avenue for tanker trucks to choose from in this region. If you or a loved one were caught in a tanker truck accident in Brandon while driving on I-75, or any other major thoroughfare in the region, our lawyers can help. We can help you fight for fair compensation.
Who Is Liable for My Injuries in a Tanker Truck Accident?
There are two primary parties that could be responsible in your tanker truck accident case, the truck driver, and the employer of the truck driver.
Tanker Truck Driver Employer
Under Florida’s vicarious liability law, tanker truck driver employers can be held liable for their negligence. These employers may be shipping companies, energy companies, or other large conglomerates. Generally, they may be held responsible for:
- The negligence of their employees on the roadway.
- The negligence of their contractors, although caveats may apply to this rule.
- The outcome of your accident, circumstances depending.
These businesses must adhere to a set of guidelines outlined by the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA):
- They must have a mandated tanker truck driver safety program.
- They must make sure drivers understand the costs of risky activities.
- They should incentivize drivers who behave safely on the roadway.
- They must be prepared to discipline drivers who ignore safety guidelines.
In the absence of these qualifiers, a company that employs truck drivers could be held liable for your injuries.
Tanker Truck Driver
In addition to their employer, the tanker truck driver themselves could be implicated in case liability. Typically, if they were engaged in any of these forms of negligence during the accident, they can be held liable:
- Ignoring roadway laws
- Drunk driving
- Driving while under the influence of drugs
- Ignoring rest periods
- Cellphone usage while driving
- Generally unsafe road behavior
Other Potential Liable Parties
Other parties may have contributed to the occurrence of your tanker truck accident. The company responsible for loading the truck’s tanks, for instance, could be held liable. Similarly, if the truck itself malfunctioned on the roadway, its manufacturer may be involved in the case.
Our lawyers at the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine can investigate the specifics of your case. We can use the evidence we find from crash reports, medical professionals, and other expert witnesses to assign liability.
How Much Will My Case be Worth?
Case valuation is difficult to predict, primarily due to the complexity of tanker truck accidents. However, typically, these damages will factor into the overall value of your settlement or lawsuit:
- Healthcare costs
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of consortium, if your loved passed away or was injured in the accident
- Emotional trauma
- Ongoing medical care, like required medication, or long-term physical therapy
Other damages may play a role, too. Our team can help you understand which damages you should pursue in your tanker truck accident case.
Do I Need a Lawyer?
The benefits of legal assistance during tanker truck accident case proceedings shouldn’t be ignored. A lawyer from the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine can act as your legal guide and representative. They can provide you with the following services:
- Answer any questions you have related to the case
- Represent you during mediation with insurers
- Negotiate with insurers, and act as your liaison
- Help you understand relevant laws
- Push for the highest settlement outcome possible
- File your claim, or file a lawsuit, if needed
- Represent you in a court of law
Our services are designed to protect you from bad-faith insurance practices. Insurance companies may try to low-ball you with their settlement offers. A seasoned truck accident lawyer can keep the pressure on, and help you avoid settling for low compensation.
Why Choose the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine?
Compassion and efficiency are key to the legal services we provide. We want to take the worry out of your situation. To do so, we offer the following perks to our clients:
- You’ll receive the personal phone number of the lawyer assigned to your case.
- You’ll receive consistent case updates.
- You’ll have any burning questions answered, whether that’s through email, phone calls, or text.
Reasonable Legal Fees
We believe that legal pricing doesn’t need to be unfair. So, with our plan, we put our clients first:
- Contingency fee pricing: Our legal team works on contingency. You pay nothing up front, and we only charge you if we win your case.
- Free case reviews: You can set up an initial appointment for free. We can discuss your case and plan how to best work as a team going forward.
The combination of these pricing standards means that joining us as a client is both hassle-free, and risk-free. You don’t need to go bankrupt trying to secure legal support.
Our dedication to compassionate and responsive legal care has prompted our clients to leave positive reviews regarding our services:
- “The Law Firm of Anidjar & Levine went above and beyond all expectations in providing me with top notch service and follow through in successfully settling my case for me, and negotiating my medical bills. Their entire staff were very hands on in providing me with updates. I would highly recommend them to anyone in need of their services!” – Adam S.
The Clock Is Ticking
Under Florida law, you have a deadline to get started on your tanker truck accident case. If you are filing for yourself and your personal injuries, you typically have 4 years, per Florida Statutes § 95.11(3)(a). This deadline is usually reduced by two years involving the passing of a loved one, per Florida Statutes § 95.11(4)(d).
This may sound like ample time to work through the details of your case. However, many factors can send your case to the sidelines. With the support of a legal expert, you can make sure that your case stays on track. We can provide logistical support, help you stay on top of your deadlines, and submit required documentation.
Get in Touch, Today
Our team at the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine is ready to receive your call. We’re eager to help the residents of Brandon as they navigate their tanker truck accident case.
Give us a call for a free case evaluation form to get started.
We Can Help.