Accidents happen every day. It can sometimes be challenging to determine who’s responsible, who should pay for the losses, and how significant your damages are.
If you were involved in a garbage truck accident, a Coral Springs garbage truck accident lawyer with the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine can help you identify the liable parties and file a claim for compensation.
Why Hire a Coral Springs Garbage Truck Accident Lawyer on Our Team?
If you were hurt in a garbage truck accident, a lawyer with our firm can take care of all things concerning your case while you get better. We will provide you with responsive legal care, which involves:
- Collecting evidence
- Complying with state deadlines
- Negotiating a settlement with the insurance company
- Maintaining communication with the other party, their insurer, and their legal team
- Naming responsible parties
Our team will also keep you up to date on your case, answer your questions, and help you set up appointments.
For a free legal consultation with a garbage truck accidents lawyer serving Coral Springs, 800-747-3733
Possible Recoverable Losses in Coral Springs Truck Accident Cases
After getting hurt in a garbage truck accident, you may have recourse to recover damages for:
- Lost income
- Reduced earning power
- Past and future medical care costs
- Pain and suffering
- Property damage costs
- Mental anguish
- Funeral bills
Generally speaking, the more serious your injuries and the more expensive your medical bills are, the higher the settlement you can seek.
Coral SpringsGarbage Truck Accident Lawyer Near Me 800-747-3733
Why Garbage Truck Accidents Happen
Garbage trucks are commercial vehicles that may be involved in accidents with other motorists. The reason for these accidents is usually due to the following:
Negligent driving can lead to garbage truck accidents. Distracted driving, speeding, weaving through traffic, and aggressive driving are all examples of driver negligence that can result in collisions.
Equipment defects may cause garbage truck accidents. Garbage trucks are complex machines that rely on various mechanical parts and computer systems to function correctly. If any part becomes defective, it could result in an accident.
Falling Objects or Unsecured Loads
The contents of a dumpster can fall out during transport if not appropriately secured by the driver. This could lead to other vehicles being struck by falling debris or damage to the surrounding property when the truck makes its rounds.
Due to the tight schedule that most garbage trucks operate on, drivers may ignore federal hours-of-service regulations designed to prevent driver fatigue. Driving while drowsy or falling asleep behind the wheel can lead to catastrophic accidents and serious injuries.
Poor Truck Maintenance
Garbage trucks are highly complex machines that require regular maintenance and inspection to ensure proper operation. When garbage trucks are not properly maintained, they may experience brake failures or other mechanical failures that put other motorists at risk.
Lack of Experience
Garbage trucks tend to be large vehicles, so drivers must have extensive training before operating them safely. If a trucking company doesn’t provide adequate training or doesn’t ensure that drivers have extensive experience before putting them on the road, the chances of accidents are high.
Get Answers From An Experienced Attorney.SPEAK TO AN ATTORNEY NOW
Establishing Negligence in Garbage Truck Accident
Negligence is a legal concept used to determine liability and damages in personal injury cases. The courts use it to assign blame and decide restitution for an injured party. It’s helpful to understand the concept of negligence before you file a lawsuit for injuries related to a garbage truck accident.
Negligence occurs when someone’s behavior or conduct falls below what’s expected by society in a specific situation. A court will typically evaluate several factors to determine if negligence occurred in the given case. For someone to be found negligent, the following must happen:
- The at-fault party must owe the victim a duty of care
- The at-fault party must breach that duty of care through their actions, like reckless driving
- The breach must cause an accident or injury to the plaintiff.
- The plaintiff must experience damages as a result of the accident.
For example, all motorists owe others road users a duty of care not to engage in reckless behavior, like speeding or driving under the influence of drugs that could result in an accident. If you’re hit by someone driving recklessly, they likely breached their duty of care, and you can seek damages as compensation for your injuries.
Coral Springs Garbage Truck AccidentsYOU CAN TRUST US 800-747-3733
Injuries You May Get in Garbage Truck Accident
Various injuries can occur after an accident involving a garbage truck. Some of the most common include:
- Head injuries: These injuries are common in many truck accidents, ranging from mild concussions to traumatic brain injuries (TBIs) and skull fractures. According to Mayo Clinic, a TBI can be especially dangerous because it may not cause any symptoms for hours or days after the accident.
- Spinal cord injuries: Garbage truck accidents can result in spinal cord injuries and other nerve damage, especially for drivers. These injuries can lead to long-term paralysis or other severe conditions.
- Internal organ damage: Internal organs can become damaged after an accident with a garbage truck, sometimes resulting in internal bleeding or other problems that may not be immediately apparent. A thorough medical exam is essential following an accident with a garbage truck.
- Broken bones: This is a common injury after an accident with a garbage truck, especially for pedestrians or motorcycle drivers who are struck by the vehicle.
- Severe burns: These injuries may be caused by explosions or contact with hot metal parts on trucks during a crash.
Contact the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine for Legal Assistance
If you were injured in a fuel truck accident in Coral Springs, a lawyer with the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine will conduct extensive investigations to identify all liable parties and pursue compensation for you.
Reach out to us today for a free case review. Our attorneys serve clients at no upfront costs.
We want to put our knowledge, experience, and resources to work for you.SPEAK TO AN ATTORNEY NOW