With the amount of freight carried on trucks, all road users are at risk of suffering severe injuries in an accident with these vehicles. If you or a loved one was hurt in a cargo truck accident, you can pursue the compensation you deserve from the liable party or parties.
A Coral Springs cargo truck accident lawyer with the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine can guide you throughout the claims process and protect your rights. You can enlist our help for a contingency fee, so you won’t pay us a dime up front or by the hour. Your attorney will only take payment if they secure an award for you.
You Worry About Getting Better While We Take Care of Everything Else
Your cargo truck accident lawyer will handle all the legalities of your case, including:
- Collecting and organizing evidence
- Proving the other party’s fault and liability
- Keeping in contact with the other party and their representatives
- Handling settlement negotiations
- Litigating your case in a trial
We work to provide responsive legal for all of our clients. Your attorney will:
- Give you their phone number
- Update you on your case
- Help you schedule your appointments, including getting your car fixed
- Answer all of your questions
- Respond to your phone calls and emails right away
The Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine will provide you with these services for no upfront costs.
For a free legal consultation with a cargo truck accidents lawyer serving Coral Springs, 800-747-3733
Compensation You May Be Entitled to Recover After a Truck Accident
After being injured by a negligent driver, seeking financial compensation can help you deal with medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, permanent injuries, property damage, wrongful death, and other losses.
The amount of compensation varies in each case, depending on individual circumstances, but there are two general categories:
These damages are designed to compensate the victim for their financial losses and the losses sustained by their family members. Common examples include medical expenses, lost wages, property damage, and lost earning capacity.
These types of damages compensate victims for intangible losses related to their injuries. Non-economic damages include:
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Disfigurement or scarring
Coral SpringsCargo Truck Accident Lawyer Near Me 800-747-3733
The Statute of Limitations on Truck Accidents in Florida
Truck accident cases are subject to a specific statutory system of deadlines you must meet to take legal action. Therefore, you have a limited time to retain legal counsel and submit your case for compensation after your accident.
According to Florida Statutes § 95.11(3)(a), you typically have four years to file a personal injury lawsuit. If you don’t file your lawsuit within four years of the accident or follow the required procedures, your case may be dismissed.
Get Answers From An Experienced Attorney.SPEAK TO AN ATTORNEY NOW
Causes of Cargo Truck Wrecks
There are various types of cargo truck crashes, and some of the most common reasons for these accidents include:
- Driver fatigue: Driving for long hours without stopping to rest can result in fatigue, leading to a devastating accident. Truck drivers rushing to meet deadlines may not pay attention to warning signs of driver fatigue, like yawning or blurred vision.
- Speeding: Speed limits are set to protect drivers and prevent accidents. When truck drivers exceed the speed limit, they’re more likely to lose control and cause an accident.
- Overloading: If a truck carries too much weight, it can become difficult to control, resulting in an accident. In addition, if a truckload is not properly secured, it can result in an accident.
- Unsecured load: Sometimes, an accident happens because the cargo is not properly secured. A load that shifts during travel could put the truck off balance and cause an accident involving other vehicles.
- Blind spots: Drivers of large vehicles often have blind spots where they cannot see other vehicles or objects. These blind spots increase the risk for potential accidents between large trucks and smaller vehicles.
Coral Springs Cargo Truck AccidentsYOU CAN TRUST US 800-747-3733
Injuries You Can Suffer in Cargo Truck Crashes
When a truck collides with your vehicle, the effects can be catastrophic. Trucks are several times heavier than passenger vehicles, so injuries sustained in a truck crash tend to be more severe and injuries sustained in crashes between two smaller cars.
The following are some of the most common injuries people sustain in cargo truck accidents:
In a serious collision, the impact can lead the passengers to suffer broken bones. Depending on the severity of the injury, you may have to undergo surgery or months of rehabilitation.
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), a blow to the head can be extremely dangerous because it can cause a traumatic brain injury (TBI). Even a minor TBI can lead to memory problems, chronic migraines, and difficulty concentrating. Severe TBIs can cause permanent brain damage and leave victims in comas.
Chemical, electrical, and fire burns are all possible injuries in a truck accident. Severe burns require immediate medical care and extensive scar treatment or skin grafts.
Internal Organ Damage
A cargo truck crash can cause internal bleeding or organ damage due to blunt force trauma or the impact of crushed metal against the body. Internal bleeding and organ damage may require surgery and extensive care for a victim to recover fully.
Spinal Cord Damage
The impact force of a cargo truck accident can compress or break vertebrae, causing paralysis or partial paralysis below the injury site. Spinal cord injuries are permanent and may require lifelong care and medical treatment.
The impact of such injuries can lead to pain, suffering, and high medical bills.
Hire Our Cargo Truck Accident Lawyer for Legal Counsel
Have the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine start working on your case while you get the care for your injuries. Our Coral Springs cargo truck accident lawyer will go the extra mile for you. Find out more about our services when you call us for a free consultation today.
We want to put our knowledge, experience, and resources to work for you.SPEAK TO AN ATTORNEY NOW