How video surveillance is used in personal injury cases may depend on:
- The nature of the personal injury case
- The nature of the video surveillance
- The quality of the video
- The methods through which the video was obtained
In car accident cases, video footage could show how the accident happened. It may be used to show that you were or were not at fault for your accident.
For a free legal consultation, call (800) 747-3733
Video Footage Could Prove Your Case
Your lawyer knows how to use video surveillance strategically in your personal injury case. The video footage could be beneficial if:
- The video shows a driver engaged in one or more risky driving behaviors
- The video shows the at-fault driver’s vehicle striking yours
- The video shows any other circumstances relevant to your case for compensation
Video footage will also need to be clear and obtained legally in order for it to be used to your advantage. Your lawyer will ensure that the video footage is obtained through legal channels.
Your Lawyer Will Defend You from Unfavorable Video Footage
If an insurance company or another attorney attempts to use video footage against you, then your lawyer will fight against the use of such footage.
Others may try to use the footage to show that you were partially or completely at fault for your accident. Your lawyer will fight against the use of such footage if:
- The video was not legally obtained
- The video footage misrepresents one or more circumstances
- The video footage is not sufficiently clear
- There are any other issues that make video footage invalid
Your lawyer’s job is to defend your rights and make the strongest case that they can on your behalf. Part of their duty may be to defend you against any video footage that might harm your case.
A Lawyer Will Seek a Settlement for You
The American Bar Association (ABA) explains that lawsuits generally result in a settlement. Your lawyer may be able to recover a pre-trial settlement from a lawsuit or may be able to obtain fair coverage through insurance.
In either case, your lawyer will aim to secure compensation for your losses without having to go to court. As your lawyer seeks a settlement, you may:
- Recover from your injuries
- Cope with the loss of a loved one
- Deal with other responsibilities
Taking on a lawsuit can be a significant burden, particularly if you are injured or dealing with a loss. A lawyer will handle your insurance claim or lawsuit so that you do not have to worry about your case.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Call the Team for a Lawyer Today
The team at the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine will go the extra mile for you and your loved ones. A Fort Lauderdale personal injury lawyer can fight for the compensation that you are entitled to.
Call the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine today at (954) 525-0050 to find out how our team can seek compensation for you.