A garbage truck, whether it is empty or full of garbage, can be dangerous when it is not driven properly. Even when moving at moderate or slow speeds, a garbage truck can cause serious injuries in the event of a crash.
You deserve to fight for compensation if you were injured in a garbage truck accident in Naples. Our lawyers will build your lawsuit or insurance claim to seek compensation in your favor.
- You Could Hire a Garbage Truck Lawyer at no Upfront Cost
- How a Garbage Truck Accident Lawyer in Naples Can Serve You
- How Long do You Have to File an Accident Lawsuit?
- Three Things to Know After Getting Hurt in a Garbage Truck Accident
- Commonly Asked Questions in Garbage Truck Accident Cases
- Begin a Free Case Review Now
For a free legal consultation with a garbage truck accidents lawyer serving Naples, call (800) 747-3733
You Could Hire a Garbage Truck Lawyer at no Upfront Cost
You can handle your case on your own. But why bother when a Naples truck accident lawyer can do so at no out-of-pocket cost? That’s right; the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine work on a contingency-fee-basis, so:
- You do not pay anything upfront.
- We do not charge retainers or hourly rates.
- Our payment comes from the funds we “win” for you.
- We don’t request our attorney’s fees if we don’t secure damages.
Furthermore, we offer a free case review where you can discuss your options. Feel free to ask us about our previous successes and your payment options.
Naples Garbage Truck Accidents Lawyer Near Me (800) 747-3733
How a Garbage Truck Accident Lawyer in Naples Can Serve You
While considering your options following a garbage truck accident, you may want to know how a lawyer could help you. Our firm can:
- Represent you in any discussions with insurance companies
- Help you file time-sensitive paperwork
- Ensure your rights are protected
Once your lawyer has tended to your immediate needs, they will formulate your case’s strategy.
We Can Prove You Were Affected By Negligence
To secure compensation, your lawyer must prove you were the victim of negligence. Whether at the negotiating table or in the courtroom, your lawyer will:
- Explain that the legal duty of care applies to all motorists, including garbage truck drivers
- Show that the other party breached their duty of care
- Make the connection between the truck driver’s breach of duty of care and your accident
- Make the connection between your accident and the losses you now face
Without a lawyer, you may be tasked with making this argument on your own.
We Can Estimate the Value of Your Damages
Your medical bills, pay stubs, employment records, and other documentation can prove the cost of your losses. If you were struck as a motorist, we can also use your car’s property damage receipts. Whether we seek compensation from the trucker or their employer, you could recoup:
- The cost of your medical treatment
- Property damage to your vehicle
- Pain and suffering
- Lost income and loss of future earning capacity
- Impaired quality of life
You could be entitled to other losses not included here. Our garbage truck accident lawyer serving Naples will explore all possible avenues of seeking damages.
How Long do You Have to File an Accident Lawsuit?
Per Florida Statutes §95.11(3)(a), you typically have four years to file a truck accident lawsuit. You have two years to file your wrongful death lawsuit (if applicable).
According to Florida Statutes §95.051, some extensions could apply to your situation, like if:
- You were involved in a hit-and-run accident.
- The other driver lied about their name to avoid consequences.
- You were injured as a minor.
- The other driver left the state or otherwise impeded the legal process.
We will strive to file your case on time.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Three Things to Know After Getting Hurt in a Garbage Truck Accident
The Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine has resolved many motor vehicle accident cases in the past. In that time, we have learned:
Giving a Recorded Statement Could Hurt Your Case
The insurance company may request that you give a recorded statement to document your account of events. Consenting to give a statement is not a good idea. This is because:
- The questions are intended to mislead you.
- Your words could be spliced out of context, making you seem at fault for what happened.
- You could accidentally admit to causing the crash.
If the insurer asks you for a recorded statement, tell them to talk to your garbage truck accident lawyer in Naples.
Think Twice About Accepting the First Settlement Offer
Florida is a no-fault state. So, you would first file your claim with your own insurer. However, just because you’re their client doesn’t mean the insurer will treat you fairly. By accepting the first offer, you lose the opportunity to ask for additional funds.
Our firm can calculate your losses and assess whether any settlement offers are fair. In our calculations, we will account for your past, present, and future losses.
Posting to Social Media Could Work to Your Disadvantage
Do not post to social media about the event. Doing so will not work to your benefit. If the claims adjuster sees your posts, photos, or activities, they could contest the basis of your case. Even if your pages are private, you don’t want to take any chances.
Commonly Asked Questions in Garbage Truck Accident Cases
Below are some of the questions we’ve received from our previous clients:
Who is the Liable Party in Your Case?
The agency that oversaw the garbage truck’s operations could be accountable for your losses. In this case, it could be Collier County since they oversee Naples’ waste management. However, they may have hired a third-party agency. In that case, the agency could be held accountable.
Don’t worry about figuring out liability in your case. Our team will determine that for you. We might even find that multiple parties owe you compensation.
What is the Average Settlement Value for Garbage Truck Accident Cases?
There is no average settlement value for these types of cases. The value of your claim will depend on the severity of your injuries, recovery period, and time missed from work. Other factors could also add to the value of your losses.
How Much Can You Get for Pain And Suffering?
Florida does not place a cap on pain and suffering in truck accident cases. So, there is virtually no limit to what you can pursue. As noted earlier, the value of your pain and suffering will depend on your case’s details.
Your personal injury lawyer in Naples will examine your garbage truck accident claim and determine an accurate value for your losses – including pain and suffering.
Begin a Free Case Review Now
Every accident has a story behind it. We want to hear yours. To connect with our firm serving Naples, call now.