If you or a loved one was injured in an accident involving a garbage truck, you could qualify to recover compensation. The Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine can provide you with a Tallahassee truck accident lawyer to help you fight for damages. We provide free consultations.
Compensation for Losses from a Garbage Truck Accident
Our injury attorneys battle for the money you need. This is money you can use to:
- Pay your expenses
- Seek medical care
- Recover lost income
- Compensate for your pain and suffering
Do not sign a settlement agreement without first consulting a lawyer, as the insurance company may not account for your long-term losses. You deserve compensation for long-term medical care as well as diminished earning capacity if your injuries affect your ability to work.
The Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine will negotiate for a fair settlement that covers all your short- and long-term losses.
Responsive Legal Care After a Garbage Truck Accident
An accident with a large truck can be overwhelming. Our lawyers are easy to reach and are only one phone call away whenever you need their help. We’ll even give you your attorney’s phone number so you can always feel connected.
You can count on us to give prompt and courteous updates for your case. Anidjar & Levine’s lawyers prioritize communication with clients. We’ll return your phone calls and emails and answer all your questions.
And our team can even help you get your car fixed and schedule your appointments. It’s part of our effort to provide each of our clients with responsive legal care. Review reviews from our past clients to learn more about what it’s like working with our team.
You Worry About Getting Better. We Take Care of Everything Else
Our goal is to alleviate as much of the stress you’re feeling as we can. We understand that your health comes first. Let our team communicate with insurance providers, file your paperwork, and negotiate a settlement. You focus on recovering from your injuries.
We manage your case from start to finish:
- We make sure you meet the deadlines that apply to your case.
- We communicate with insurers, the garbage truck company, and others on your behalf.
- Our team retrieves evidence and builds your case.
- Your attorney may secure expert witness testimony to help prove your case.
- We can negotiate with the insurance company to reach a fair settlement.
- If the insurer does not agree to a fair settlement, we can represent you at trial.
File Your Lawsuit Before the Deadline
In the state of Florida, a statute of limitations provides a deadline for filing your claim. You have four years to file your lawsuit. If you do not meet this deadline, you could be unable to recover compensation for your losses.
Let our Tallahassee garbage truck accident lawyers help you meet the deadlines that apply to your case so you do not lose your right to recover compensation.
Liability for a Garbage Truck Accident
Responsibility for a garbage truck accident can be more complex than collisions involving privately owned passenger cars. If a garbage truck driver causes an accident, the driver could be liable for injuries, but so could the driver’s employer.
Some of the parties that may be liable for your injuries include:
- Garbage truck driver
- Driver’s employer
- Truck manufacturer
- Parties responsible for maintenance
Our attorneys can help you sort out the parties that could bear responsibility for your injuries and take appropriate legal action. We’ll retrieve evidence like accident reports, eyewitness statements, photographs, truck driver records, and more. We can even send a spoliation letter to the truck company to preserve evidence in its possession.
What to Do Following a Collision With a Garbage Truck
Take these steps if you were in an accident with a garbage truck in Tallahassee:
- Call for help if anybody suffered injuries.
- Report the accident to the police.
- Move the vehicles involved in the collision out of the way of traffic.
- Write down the garbage truck driver’s information.
- Get contact information from eyewitnesses.
- Take photographs of the accident scene and the vehicles.
- Get medical attention if you didn’t require emergency care.
- Speak with a lawyer about your case.
Causes of Accidents With Garbage Trucks
Liability for your injuries will depend largely on what or who caused the accident. Some causes of accidents involving garbage trucks include:
- Aggressive or careless driving like speeding or failing to check for other vehicles when operating the truck
- Distracted driving, such as texting while operating the vehicle
- Driving while intoxicated
- Improper maintenance or inspections
- Hiring unqualified drivers
Our investigation will aim to uncover the factors that caused or contributed to the accident, and which parties are responsible for your losses.
We don’t Get Paid Unless You Do
Our personal injury lawyers work on contingency fees, meaning we only get paid attorney fees if you recover compensation. If you do not settle your case or get a judgment, then you do not pay attorney fees. There are no upfront costs to hire our garbage truck accident lawyers.
Get a Free Injury Case Consultation
We will assist you and put our years of experience to work for you. To get help after a garbage truck accident, contact us for a free consultation. The sooner you get in touch, the sooner we can get to work on your case.
We Can Help.