Despite the dire importance of garbage trucks, these service vehicles are prone to crashes, and the aftermath is personal injury, property damage, or even death. If you or your loved one suffered harm in this manner, a Miramar garbage truck accident lawyer from the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine could help you seek compensation from the service provider.
You are not alone after a garbage truck crash and have options. Our firm will gladly help you determine your best course of action and fight for the compensation you deserve after this harrowing event.
The Role of Our Miramar Garbage Truck Accident Lawyer
Senseless tragedies overturn the lives of everyday families, and resuming normalcy is not always a viable option. If the unthinkable happened, you would be distraught and possibly overwhelmed by events, not knowing where to turn. One of our lawyers with experience handling these cases can help you determine your eligibility for compensation and assist you in securing it.
Your Miramar garbage truck accident lawyer can help your situation by doing the following:
Ensure You Get Medical Attention
We acknowledge that tragedy can knock on your doorstep when money is tight, and insurance may not cover all expenses. Expensive co-pays or the lack of insurance can complicate things, yet you desperately need life-saving treatment. Your lawyer will make the necessary arrangements, notwithstanding your financial hurdles.
Investigate the Crash
Your lawyer understands the intricacies of these lawsuits, and a deep dive into what transpired can yield invaluable information. For instance, does the garbage truck have a history of mechanical issues, and how were they addressed? Perhaps the other driver had several DUIs under their belt and they were intoxicated when the crash happened.
Investigations are complex and involve multiple parties like authorities who draft an accident report, eyewitnesses who give their recollections, traffic cameras, etc. It’s not uncommon to find guilty parties denying their actions to avoid legal trouble, but you can trust your lawyer to determine guilt.
Negotiate a Settlement
Paperwork and discussions ensue when dealing with these cases, even before filing a lawsuit. Sometimes, the other party’s legal counsel advises them to settle to avoid protracted court proceedings. Trials can be messy, and they’re costly. The money of the trucking company, for example, could be put to better use, like settling out of court and preserving their good reputation.
Represent You in Court
If discussions don’t amount to anything substantial, your lawyer will recommend another legal recourse, like bringing a case before a judge. The Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine will defend your rights vehemently in court and earn you the fairest settlement possible.
Causes of Garbage Truck Accidents
Garbage truck accidents can happen in a multitude of ways. An accident may happen because of driver fatigue or distracted driving. In some cases, the trucking company was negligent in some way, indirectly causing an accident.
Know the common causative factors for accidents with service vehicles:
- Improper Loading: These vehicles can ferry tons of garbage, but they must be loaded as per their engineering specifications. Overloading or an imbalanced load can make steering an issue, particularly when driving through steep terrains.
- Driving Under the Influence: Alcohol and drugs impair your judgment. ABC News wrote that in 2018, a drunk driver in Brooklyn, New York plowed into nine parked vehicles and then hit a tree. Nobody was harmed, but this trail of destruction is a cautionary tale about intoxicated driving.
- Inexperienced Driver: Hiring drivers with little to no experience handling large vehicles can make them susceptible to accidents. The garbage service may have given insufficient training or failed to monitor drivers’ performance during their tenure of service.
- Bad Weather Conditions: Poor weather like heavy rainfall inhibits visibility and makes the roads impassable. Unfortunately, these service vehicles must perform their essential work with almost no exceptions.
- Narrow Streets: Garbage trucks operate in residential and commercial areas, so drivers often navigate narrow streets sandwiched by parallel-parked cars. These trucks have many blind spots, so backing up or making a U-turn can be detrimental.
Steps Following a Garbage Truck Accident
Encountering such a frightening ordeal can shake you to the core, but there are steps you can take to protect your rights. Do the following after a garbage truck accident:
- Report the accident to the police and your insurance carrier
- Make an official report with the authorities, but don’t admit fault
- Speak to witnesses and get their contact information
- Document the scene, injuries, and vehicle damage
- Receive treatment and keep records of all procedures and costs
- Hire an accident lawyer from our firm to sort out your legal woes
Contact the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine for Legal Help in Broward County
Were you injured by a garbage truck in Miramar? The Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine can negotiate a payout to sort out your hospital bills and cover lost wages, among other damages. We protect the interests of innocent victims like you and ensure the liable party is held accountable.
We’ll provide responsive legal representation, keeping you abreast of case milestones as you focus on recuperating. Contact us today to discover your legal options. We work on a contingency-fee basis, so you pay no upfront or out-of-pocket costs. Our attorneys only get paid if you do, and our fees come out of your settlement or court award. There are no financial risks when you work with us.
We Can Help.