You have property damage to cover the effects of a hurricane when one happens. Too often, however, the insurance companies deny claims or undervalue the damages you deserve. If this occurs, you want a legal team who understands how insurance companies work and are not afraid to fight on your behalf.
A hurricane property claim lawyer in Cooper City can help. Our dedicated legal counsel goes the extra mile to hold the insurance adjusters accountable and recover the compensation you deserve. Call us for a free review of your hurricane damage claim.
Damages You May Recover in a Cooper City Hurricane Damage Claim
There is no simple way to calculate the losses you may be able to recover. Each homeowners insurance plan is different, and you may have multiple policies we can pursue. To determine the damages you may recover, we must review the details of your policy.
However, common natural disaster damages you can expect to recover include costs associated with the following:
- Repairs to your home: We will look at the cost of repairs needed to make your house safe again. This includes replacing drywall, fixing windows, and repairing roof damage.
- Replacement cost: The cost of buying replacement items damaged by the storm. For example, if your roof were damaged, we would consider the cost of a new roof.
- Repairs to additional structures on your property, such as a stand-alone garage or workshop: These structures could also be damaged during the storm. If so, we will seek reimbursement for their repair costs.
- Replacing items in your home, including furniture, clothing, and appliances: Your home is likely filled with personal belongings. Some of these items may have experienced water damage. We will seek compensation for them.
- Securing your home after the hurricane passes, such as boarding up or installing a temporary roof: In some cases, you may need to secure your home until it is repaired. We will seek compensation to pay for these expenses.
- Temporary housing, such as the cost of staying in a hotel: If you had to leave your home because of the storm, we would seek compensation for the cost of staying somewhere else.
- Out-of-pocket expenses, such as clothing or toiletries: If you lost important possessions due to the storm, we would try to get reimbursed for those costs.
- Additional living expenses, such as food, gas, and other household bills: If you had to spend money to keep yourself going while you waited for repairs, we would seek reimbursement.
To better understand the hurricane damages you may recover, contact a hurricane property damage lawyer in Cooper City. We can review your coverage and begin the claims process on your behalf. We will ensure your insurer pays you the money you deserve for your damages.
What You Need to Know Before Filing a Cooper City Hurricane Property Damage Claim
Filing a claim with your commercial property or residential insurer can be a complex process requiring gathering documentation of your damages and working with an adjuster. Before filing your hurricane damage claim, it may be helpful to review the following information.
Your Policy Might Not Cover Flood Damage
Not all homeowners insurance policies cover damages caused by flood waters. In most cases, standard insurance will cover damage caused by wind-driven rain. As Cooper City is in a special flood hazard area, you may need an additional flood insurance policy.
You May Have a Separate Deductible for Hurricane Damage
Some insurance policies may require you to pay an additional deductible for damages caused by a hurricane. However, they are required by Florida law to make this extremely clear in the policy paperwork. According to Florida hurricane laws, this information must be displayed in bold, 18-point font on the policy’s cover stating this requirement.
Your Insurance Company May Try to Pay You Less
You have paid your insurance premiums for years, and now that your home has sustained damage, you expect them to pay your losses. Unfortunately, they may try to get out of paying or pay you less.
For example, they may incorrectly claim your policy is invalid or insist that hurricane-related damages are not covered. The adjuster may fail to view a portion of your home, then claim it was not damaged. Or, they may try to undervalue your claim. We can help hold your insurance company accountable for all your damages.
Florida Law Limits How Long You Have to File a Hurricane Damage Claim
Florida statutes give property owners three years before the hurricane makes landfall to pursue compensation. Any attempts to seek compensation after that time may be barred.
You do not need to handle this alone. A hurricane property claim lawyer in Cooper City, FL, can help you navigate the claims process. Contact our team today to begin the claims process.
How Our Firm Can Help You with Your Cooper City Property Damage Claim
After your Cooper City home sustains damage in a hurricane, you want a legal team who understands how the claims process works and can guide you through the process. Our seasoned law team can help in the following ways.
Gather Evidence to Support Your Claim
Our team will gather evidence to prove all your damages to recover the maximum compensation possible. We will use this to support your compensation claim.
Protect Your Rights
The insurance company may try several tactics to pay you less than you deserve. They may deny your claim outright, undervalue your damages, or insist you pay an additional deductible. Our team is here to defend your rights and hold the insurance company accountable.
Appeal a Claim Denial
If the insurance company denies your South Florida hurricane damage claim, we can help. Our team will review your coverage and gather additional documentation, then file an appeal.
Take Your Claim to Court, If Required
In some cases, the insurance company may not work in good faith. If they refuse your claim or try to pay you less, our team may take your claim to court, where we will present your bad faith lawsuit to the court.
Get Help from a Hurricane Property Claim Lawyer in Cooper City Today
The Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine have helped clients with hurricanes, including Irma and Michael, and we can help you, too. We won’t let your insurance company refuse to pay or underpay your insurance claim.
If your home or property sustained damage in a recent hurricane, we could help you pursue the financial compensation you deserve. For a free review of your hurricane coverage, contact us today.
We Can Help.