Even though construction plays a huge part in the growth of any town, these trucks are huge and heavy, making a collision with construction trucks tragic.
A Cape Coral construction truck lawyer from our firm can explain your available options and pursue compensation.
How Construction Truck Accidents Happen in Cape Coral
Construction trucks consist of dump and cement trucks, excavators, graders, and cement mixers. Due to their size, it is not surprising that a construction truck accident can leave you with life-long severe injuries. And since construction trucks are bigger and heavier than regular passenger vehicles, it’s every truck driver’s responsibility to be cautious and adhere to safe driving practices on the road.
Unfortunately, many construction truck accidents are a result of negligent driving. Below are examples of how irresponsible construction truck drivers can cause accidents.
- Intoxication: driving while intoxicated can impair vision and judgment leading to accidents.
- Fatigue: many construction truck drivers have to drive over long distances, sometimes inter-state, to deliver construction materials in time. Having fewer breaks and strict deadlines can leave them exhausted. They lose concentration on the road, causing accidents.
- Reckless driving: it’s not uncommon to find construction truck drivers rushing to meet deadlines and making major mistakes that quickly turn into accidents. These mistakes may include careless passing, taking sharp corners, and speeding.
Besides reckless driving and intoxication, there are other leading causes of construction truck accidents which include:
- Failure to train the driver on how to handle machinery or other construction truck equipment properly
- Failure to perform the construction truck’s routine maintenance and ensure that all mechanical parts are working properly
- Failure of the construction company to adhere to handling, loading, and carrying construction material safety guidelines
What does a Construction Truck Accident Lawyer Do?
As a victim of a construction truck accident, you have a right to pursue compensation for injuries individually. But, it’s vital to remember that you probably don’t have experience in the legal process and may still need time to recover from injuries.
While you rest, we can handle your case from start to finish. Here are some ways we can help.
A construction truck accident lawyer will analyze the medical and police reports to find evidence that points to the truck driver or construction company’s negligence. Your lawyer will also determine if several parties are liable for the accident and to what extent.
To get a fair compensation package after an accident, you need to evaluate your damages and the consequential costs due to the accident. A construction truck accident lawyer is qualified to make an objective analysis of your current and future medical expenses to come up with the best compensation amount.
Negotiating With Insurance Companies
Construction truck accidents involve lengthy negotiations with multiple insurance companies. Instead of sitting through tedious meetings while injured, a lawyer will represent you in these meetings and protect your right to compensation.
Presenting a Compelling Case
Similar to other personal injury claims, these cases also require solid evidence and presentation skills to succeed. A construction truck accident lawyer will focus on collecting enough information to build a compelling case.
After a construction truck accident, it’s essential to understand the available legal options. Remember that you have a right to pursue compensation, even in minor construction truck accidents.
At the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine, we may seek compensation for the following:
- Medical bills and other ongoing medical expenses like therapy or rehabilitation
- Property restoration expenses
- Loss of income
- Loss of future earning capability if the accident leads to permanent disability
- Pain and suffering
Do You Have to Go to Court for a Construction Truck Accident?
In most cases, negotiations with insurance companies and other liable parties are enough to settle on a fair compensation deal. But some factors can lead to your case proceeding to trial, such as:
- The insurance company disputes liability. If an insurance company fails to admit fault for the accident, your case may end up in court. You do not have to worry if your case proceeds to trial. A qualified construction truck accident lawyer has the skills to gather and present indisputable evidence.
- The insurance company refuses a fair settlement deal. If this happens, your lawyer will gather all the supporting evidence, including your medical reports to fight for the compensation you deserve.
How Soon Do I Have to File a Lawsuit After a Construction Truck Accident?
According to Florida Statutes § 95.11(3)(a), you only have four years to file a personal injury lawsuit. If a construction truck accident ends up in wrongful death, the timeline decreases to two years.
Remember to consider all the legal and insurance processes necessary to settle a personal injury claim successfully. Any delays may leave your lawyer with less time to pursue your case if it ends up in trial. There’s also a chance that delaying could cause you to miss the deadline, resulting in your case being dismissed.
Let Us Help
If you work with our firm, you don’t have to pay any fees unless we settle your case. We also help you fix your car and schedule your appointments to ease the burden of dealing with a claim while injured.
Call us today at 1-800-747-3733 for a free initial consultation, and let us work on getting you fair compensation.
We Can Help.