Occupational injuries and illnesses are one of the leading factors in missed workdays. Workers’ compensation is like a financial safety net for employees to cover medical bills and lost pay. However, some employers and insurance carriers make it difficult for sick or injured workers to get these benefits. They may use unethical practices to discourage you from getting the compensation you deserve.
A workers’ compensation lawyer in Coral Gables, FL will stand up to your employer and the insurance company. You deserve to know your legal rights. Please call the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine at 1-800-747-3733 to request a free consultation.
Why You Should Call a Workers’ Compensation Lawyer in Coral Gables, FL
Sometimes recovering is a long and frustrating process. You should not have to deal with an insurance adjuster while you are recuperating from your injuries or illness. We know Florida statutes when it comes to protecting your rights and pursuing compensation.
Did you know that you have the right to appeal if your first claim is denied? Or that it is illegal for your employer to retaliate against you if you file a workers’ compensation claim? The attorneys at the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine stand up to unscrupulous companies and insurance carriers who try to delay or minimize your rightful claim. Please call our firm at 1-800-747-3733 to request a free consultation.
Since 2006, We Have Helped Injured Clients Recover Compensation
The Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine has helped thousands of clients with workers’ compensation claims and other personal injury cases. We go the extra mile to maximize your potential compensation. You are always assigned to a lawyer who is with you each step of the way. Our workers’ compensation attorneys work on a contingency basis: you do not pay attorney fees unless and until we successfully recover compensation.
Our firm handles many kinds of injuries and illnesses that may part of a workers’ compensation claim, including:
- Traumatic brain and other catastrophic injuries
- Fractured or broken bones
- Sprains, muscle strain, and torn ligaments
- Slip and falls or herniated spinal disks
- Burns and electrical shocks
- Carpal tunnel syndrome and other repetitive stress injuries
- Exposure to toxins
According to the Department of Labor and Bureau of Labor Statistics, the industries with the highest number of nonfatal occupational injuries are retail, manufacturing, healthcare, and social assistance. However, construction accidents are more likely to involve falling objects or falls from a ladder or other structure.
If you were injured at work and need help with your workers’ compensation claim, please call the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine at 1-800-747-3733.
What We Recommend After a Workplace Injury
Although you are the injured party, you still have certain responsibilities. This is particularly true when it comes to reporting the incident to your supervisor. A workers’ compensation lawyer in Coral Gables, FL recommends these actions if you were hurt on the job:
- See your healthcare provider at once — only a medical professional can assess your injuries and offer a diagnosis and treatment plan.
- Report the incident to your supervisor and request that he or she files a workers’ compensation claim on your behalf.
- When you can, write a detailed account of what you were doing before and after the accident or injury.
- Call a workers’ compensation lawyer in Coral Gables, FL to make sure that your rights are protected.
- Follow doctor’s orders for treatment and to avoid jeopardizing your claim (the insurance adjuster might say you are not doing all you can to recover).
- Do not post about your accident on social media, and do not discuss the case with anyone except your attorney.
You may be required to have an independent medical exam by a doctor or specialist approved by your company.
Your Rights as an Injured Employee
Most Florida employers must carry workers’ compensation coverage. There are a few exceptions to this rule. If your employer does not have workers’ compensation coverage but has private insurance instead, you could still qualify for damages such as medical expenses and lost pay. We can help you seek compensation through this coverage.
If you are among most private employees who are covered by workers’ compensation, you have the right to:
- See your workers’ compensation claim.
- Get a second opinion other than your employer’s doctor (be prepared to do this on your own time and pay for it yourself).
- Have a workers’ compensation lawyer speak on your behalf to the insurance adjuster.
- File an appeal with the State of Florida Appeals Board if your first claim is rejected.
- Have your lawyer represent you at your appeal hearing.
- When all avenues are exhausted, you have the right to file a personal injury lawsuit as long as it is within two years of the accident.
Our legal team will make sure that your employer and the insurance company follow state law. To request a free consultation about your workplace injury or illness, please call the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine. Please call today at 1-800-747-3733.
A Law Firm Committed to Our Community
We treat our clients like family, and we share our time, energy, and resources with our community. The Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine proudly support the following charitable organizations:
- The Broward Sheriff’s Foundation
- Family Fun Day
- The Children’s Science Museum
- Miami Dolphin’s Cancer Challenge
- Jewish Federation
- Kids in Distress
- MADD (Mothers Against Drunk Driving)
We also offer a scholarship to a local college-bound student.
We are ready to get to work helping you with your claim. To request a free consultation, please call the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine at 1-800-747-3733.
We Can Help.