If you or a loved one was in an accident involving a construction truck, you likely have a lot on your mind. Let a Miami construction truck lawyer take over your case and fight for the compensation you deserve. Call the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine at 1-800-747-3733 so we can start as soon as possible. The initial evaluation is free, and you pay nothing unless and until you receive compensation.
For a free legal consultation with a construction truck accidents lawyer serving Miami, call (800) 747-3733
What To Do if You Have Been in a Construction Truck Accident
Some truck accidents involve only the truck itself. For example, an out-of-control truck may skid off the road and down an embankment. But in other cases, the accident involves another vehicle, a pedestrian, or even property (e.g., a building). If you are involved in such an accident, your first priority should be to get out of the roadway so that another car does not run into you.
Once you are in a safe place, you can call an ambulance. Seeking medical attention is always a good idea, even if you do not believe your injuries are serious. Unknown, internal injuries can cause serious problems if they are not detected and treated early.
Seeking prompt medical treatment may also help you down the line, since Florida Statute § 627.736 only allows you to request financial compensation for medical treatment if you received that treatment in a timely manner.
After the accident is well over and you have time to think, you may begin to wonder whether or not you should file a lawsuit. The rest of this article will educate you about what to expect when seeking compensation and how a lawyer may be able to help you in your journey.
Miami Construction Truck Accidents Lawyer Near Me (800) 747-3733
Your Construction Truck Accident May Entitle You to Compensation
You are entitled to sue for damages if you file your lawsuit within a legally specified period of time, called a statute of limitations, which can be found in Florida Statute § 95.11. The statute of limitations varies depending on if you are filing a personal injury lawsuit on your own behalf or a wrongful death lawsuit on behalf of a loved one who died because of the accident or their accident-related injuries.
There Are Two Primary Types of Damages
Construction truck accidents can wreak havoc on your health and your finances. That is why you are allowed to sue for both noneconomic damages (that is, compensation for physical or emotional harm) and economic damages (compensation for financial harm).
Noneconomic damages may include the following:
- Pain and suffering
- Scarring or disfigurement
- Loss of companionship
- Reduced quality of life
Economic damages may include the following:
- Loss of wages or benefits
- Loss of earning capacity
- Loss of employment
- Medical costs
- Repair costs
- Funeral costs, if you lost a loved one in the accident
How to Know if You Qualify for Damages
The amount of damages you can collect will depend on several factors, such as how serious your injuries are. It will also depend on what, if any, responsibility you bear for the accident. According to Florida Statute § 768.81, claimants who are partially responsible for the accident can still claim damages, but the amount they can claim decreases as their portion of responsibility increases.
Do not worry if any of the above sounds confusing or intimidating. Your Miami construction truck lawyer can break it all down for you and explain how, and if, the above damages and laws apply in your case. That is why you may choose to discuss your case with a legal professional as soon as possible, preferably before you get involved in a lawsuit. The last thing you want is to overlook an important law or neglect to ask for damages you qualify for. Call 1-800-747-3733 today for your free consultation with the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine.
Let Us Shoulder Your Legal Burden
Filing a lawsuit can be challenging and complex. If you have just been in a serious accident, you may not think it is worth the effort to fight an insurance company or go to court, no matter how much you need or deserve compensation.
That is where the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine may be able to help you. Our team can take charge on all legal matters. Once we have determined whether or not you have a case, we may be able to:
- Determine liability: we can investigate your case thoroughly to find out who is liable (i.e., who you can sue) and what they did wrong. For example, according to the Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles (FLHSMV), leaving the scene of an accident (i.e., a hit and run) is illegal. If the other driver broke this or any other law, you may be able to sue them.
- File paperwork: you do not have to concern yourself with filling out forms correctly or submitting them on time. Our team can handle the tedious paperwork for you.
- Negotiate: settling out of court is cheaper and faster than having to go to trial. Insurance companies are often eager to reach a settlement with accident victims, and we will negotiate with them on your behalf so they do not try to pay you less than you deserve.
- Go to court: if the insurance company will not offer you a fair settlement, we can take them to court. It is then up to a judge or jury to decide whether or not you get compensation. We will submit all of the evidence we have collected and argue your case.
- Be there for you: have questions or concerns? Call or email us at any time. We are happy to put your mind at ease on any matter, big or small.
When you have been in a car accident, you do not just deserve compensation; you need it. A Miami construction truck lawyer from the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine wants to help you get that compensation as quickly and as painlessly as possible. Call our team at 1-800-747-3733. You worry about getting better. We take care of everything else.