After a large-scale weather event like a hurricane, your claim is one among many that insurance agencies must address. That can make it challenging to receive help when you need it.
To a Tangipahoa Parish hurricane claim lawyer from the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine, you are not one among many. You are an individual who will receive our direct attention.
How to Pay for Repairs with a Hurricane Claim
What is covered under a hurricane claim will vary depending on your policy, as well as what losses you experienced. Covered losses generally include:
- Your home, such as the roof, windows, doorways, or structural integrity
- Personal property, like belongings, appliances, or furniture
- Outbuildings, such as sheds, pool houses, or detached garages
- Vehicles like cars, boats, or RVs
- Home amenities, like pools, landscaping, or patio furniture
You may not realize what could qualify for replacement, repair, or reimbursement. Even debris cleanup may be covered. For instance, the Insurance Information Institute (III) reports that some policies provide up to $500 to remove trees or shrubbery that damaged your home. Some policies go beyond that amount.
Our investigators can analyze your case to examine your possible covered losses and gather evidence to support your claim.
Different Policies Offer Different Compensation
Homeowners insurance policies do not cover all the losses caused by a hurricane. Some compensation can only be obtained through separate policies. You may even need to file four different claims, such as with your:
- Homeowners insurance
- Automobile insurance
- Flood insurance
- Wind insurance
The Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) points out that water damage can be covered differently depending on its cause. If wind or debris caused a hole in your roof, rain damage will likely be covered by your homeowners policy. For storm surge flooding, you need separate flood insurance to cover your losses.
Some losses may be caused by the same event, but compensation is split between different policies. For instance, wind damage to your garage could have also caused issues for the vehicle and valuables stored there. Vehicle losses may be covered by auto insurance, while the structure and valuables could be covered by a homeowners policy.
If it sounds complicated, our hurricane claim lawyers can help. Assessing your financial recovery options for your Tangipahoa Parish home is just one of many ways we can support you after this tragedy.
How Our Lawyers Handle Hurricane Claims
First and foremost, we handle your claim by making it as easy as possible to get information and support from us. That includes from our very first meeting to the day your case is concluded. We will:
- Review your case for free, with no hassle or obligations
- Provide you with your attorney’s phone number
- Regularly update you on your claim’s progress
- Help you schedule repairs and appointments
- Handle all communications with your insurance company
These are just the foundational services we provide. From there, we help with any challenges that arise during your claim, whether it’s how to word your official statement to your insurer or fighting against an unfair claim denial.
We Help Compile and Preserve Evidence
Insurance companies, like lawyers, like to see orderly documentation. Naturally, the aftermath of a hurricane is the very opposite of organization, making claimants like you feel at a disadvantage.
It’s okay if you’re overwhelmed. We can gather evidence, including:
- Photos of cracks, water damage, or ruined property
- Receipts from hotels or restaurants while you were displaced
- Copies of important documentation
- Inventory of losses you incurred in the storm
- Estimates of what your losses are worth
Our team is there for you through this entire process by sifting through your records, building a case for what you experienced, and fighting back against adjusters who want to undervalue what you lost.
We Help You Avoid Falling into Insurance Adjusters’ Traps
The stereotype of the insurance company trying to lowball clients is often true. Having backup when navigating your policy terms and claim filings can prevent an adjuster from tripping you up. We can identify their tricks and tactics, which may include:
- Pressuring you to accept a settlement or give a statement before you’re ready
- Offering you a lowball settlement before you know your losses
- Switching adjusters to confuse you
- Taking too long to address your claim and honor your policy
- Acting in bad faith by unfairly denying your claim or not providing coverage
Even failing to respond to your emails in a timely manner can be a tactic used to frustrate you, hoping your patience will wane and you will settle for less. Our hurricane claim attorneys can take on the burden of being persistent following your Tangipahoa Parish claim and talking to adjusters.
Why the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine Fight for Louisiana Storm Victims
While based in Florida, our team is committed to helping Louisiana hurricane victims with their claims. Two of our attorneys, Glen Levine and Nicholas Basco, have been educated there, providing us with a connection to the state and its communities. Moreover, we can’t sit by while victims of natural disasters struggle to receive the compensation they deserve.
Our previous clients can attest to our commitment with their testimonials:
- “What unbelievable professionalism. If you have to hire an attorney to represent you during a difficult time, there is no other choice than Anidjar and Levine. Everyone I dealt with was great.” – Charles L.
- “My experience with this law firm has been a great one. The staff is extremely professional. Anytime I had questions or concerns, I would call and someone would always have an answer for me. Their follow up is outstanding. They care about their clients’ well-being.” – Stephen L.
- “Prompt and courteous answers to questions. Great communication from everyone involved with your case. Phenomenal case results. A completely and thoroughly enjoyable legal experience from beginning to conclusion of my case. Thank you so much.” – Jos I.
How to Receive Your Free Consultation Today
Call the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine today at 1-800-747-3733 to get started on your case. During your case review, you can learn how a hurricane claim lawyer from our team can help you rebuild in Tangipahoa Parish. There may be a time limit on how long you have to act, so we encourage you to call us now.
We Can Help.