Hurricanes can cause extensive harm to properties and businesses. If you own property that suffered hurricane damage, a Schriever hurricane claim lawyer from our office wants to help you recover your losses.
Our attorneys have close ties to the Louisiana area and want to help its residents. Rather than deal with the insurance company yourself, you can focus on rebuilding your life and let us handle all of the work related to your claim.
What does Hurricane Insurance Cover?
The amount and types of losses you can get compensation for will depend on:
- The type of policy you have and what it covers
- The severity of your losses (e.g., damage to one room will warrant less compensation than damage to the entire house)
- How well you document the losses you suffered in the hurricane
- The exact cause of your losses (e.g., wind damage versus water damage)
- How high your deductible is—a higher deductible means you have to pay more out of pocket before your insurance coverage kicks in
Typical items that are covered under hurricane insurance include damage to:
- Personal belongings
- Furniture and carpeting
- The foundation, walls, roof, siding, or windows
- Appliances such as sinks, stoves, and refrigerators
- Electrical systems and light fixtures
- Patios and porches
The U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) reports that hurricane damage costs Louisianans up to “tens of billions of dollars” per hurricane. Residents should therefore exercise caution and purchase an appropriate amount of insurance to protect their property and belongings from damage caused by wind, flying debris, falling trees, hail, and flooding.
Flood Damage: A Special Case
Per the Louisiana Department of Insurance (LDI), hurricane insurance does not cover damage from flooding or storm surges. You must purchase flood insurance coverage separately.
If you have any doubts or questions about what your policy covers, you can ask your insurance agent. If you want a second opinion or suspect your agent is operating in bad faith, feel free to come to us for clarification.
How a Schriever Hurricane Claim Lawyer Can Help
After a hurricane, it is understandable if you need some time to yourself. You may not feel up to dealing with your insurance company. You can take the time you need to recover and still pursue compensation by hiring the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine to perform the following tasks:
Investigate and Assess the Damage
Your insurance company will probably send its own investigator to take pictures of your property, ask you about the damage, and determine how much (and if) it should pay you. This investigator works for the insurance company, not for you, and may do what they can to reduce the amount their employer must pay.
A hurricane claim attorney from our firm, by contrast, works for you. We can:
- Visit your property to see the damage for ourselves
- Examine any photos or videos you took and take additional photos
- Review your insurance policy carefully
- Use bills, receipts, and other paperwork you received to calculate what you have already spent on repairs
- Calculate how much you may have to spend on repairs in the future
Through this investigation, we can figure out the exact cause of your losses and the exact dollar amount you should include in your insurance claim.
Speak with the Insurance Company
If the insurance company contacts you with questions or settlement offers, you can refer it to us. This way, there is no chance of you accidentally saying or doing anything to jeopardize your payout.
When our team speaks with the insurance company’s representatives, we:
- Present them with the evidence and the estimated value of covered losses that we have collected
- Refute any attempts to undermine your case and reduce your payout
- Negotiate vigorously for fair compensation
- Relay messages from the insurance company to you, and vice versa
- Check in with you after the case concludes to ensure you have received the money you were promised
Help You Recover After a Hurricane
Our attorneys know Louisiana. Attorney Nicholas Basco graduated from Loyola University, New Orleans, while attorney Glen Levine has a degree from Tulane. These connections mean that we are not only eager to help people in Louisiana: we have the local ties and knowledge to handle your claim efficiently and compassionately.
We make it easy for Louisiana residents to get the help they need after a hurricane by:
- Offering over-the-phone case evaluations with no charge, no risk, and no obligation
- Charging no attorney’s fees up front—we get to work without expecting a payment right away
- Taking our attorney’s fees out of your compensation—if we cannot get you compensation, you do not pay our fee
- Giving you your lawyer’s phone number so you can contact them with questions at any time
- Updating you frequently about your case status
Stephen L., one of our former clients, remarked that working with our team “almost feels like your family is taking care of the case.” The sooner you get in touch with us, the sooner you can discover for yourself how we help clients in their hour of need.
Filing a Hurricane Claim Promptly
There are legal time limits for filing a hurricane claim. Even though you are probably very busy and overwhelmed after suffering hurricane-related losses, it is critical that you file your claim on time. Failure to do so could put your claim at risk.
The Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine can put your mind at ease by managing your entire claim on your behalf. We do not want our clients to spend time worrying about insurance when they should be recuperating with loved ones and figuring out where to go from here.
Call for a Free Consultation Today
The Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine wants to help you with your hurricane claim. Call us at 1-800-747-3733 to speak with a member of our team at no charge or obligation. We can assign a lawyer who serves Schriever, Louisiana, to handle your claim and fight for what you deserve.
We Can Help.