Those who live in St. Tammany Parish know: hurricanes are an unfortunate fact of life. When wind and water damages cause harm to your property, a hurricane property damage claim may be your next course of action.
A St. Tammany Parish hurricane claim lawyer from the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine can seek fair compensation for you. Our team will handle the claims process from start to finish, so you can focus on other important areas of your life.
Which Losses Can a Hurricane Property Damage Claim Cover?
Your own insurance policies will determine your covered losses from a hurricane. Louisianans may choose to have insurance coverage for:
- Wind-related damage
- Rain-related damage
- Flood-related damage
- Damage caused by downed trees, power lines, and other hazards
Such coverage may be a part of your homeowners policy. You may have separate policies with different insurers, which can complicate matters but still provide options. In any case, your covered losses may include:
- Damage to the foundation of your home, including the roof, walls, and windows
- Damage to personal property, including electronics, appliances, and other valuables
- Damage to decks, fences, pools, and other features of your home
- The complete loss of your home and valuables
You may receive additional types of compensation. An attorney from our firm will review all of your applicable insurance policies to determine fair coverage.
Will I Have to Pay a Deductible to Get Insurance Coverage?
High instances of hurricanes in states like Louisiana have led insurance companies to mitigate their losses. Your homeowners insurance policy may have a hurricane and windstorm deductible.
The Louisiana Department of Insurance notes that your deductible will likely be between two to five percent of your home’s covered value. For instance, suppose your home is covered for $100,000. If you have a five percent deductible, this means that before you get coverage, you’ll have to pay $5,000 out of pocket first.
For a free legal consultation with a hurricane claim lawyer serving St. Tammany Parish, 800-747-3733
Potential Claim-Related Problems That Our Firm Will Address
Anyone who has lived through a major hurricane in Louisiana knows that insurance payouts can be painfully slow. As you attempt to repair your home, business, or both, you may face repeated challenges securing the insurance compensation you deserve.
An attorney from our firm will address any challenges that emerge with your claim, including:
Disputes About Damages
Insurance companies promise you that certain damages entitle you to coverage. Whether it is water-damaged flooring or a caved-in ceiling, the details of your insurance policy spell out what is and what is not covered.
When it comes time to pay your claim, though, you may find insurance companies shirking their promises. One or more insurance companies may:
- Claim that certain damage pre-dates the hurricane and is therefore not covered
- Claim that your policy does not cover certain types of damages
- Attempt to have you pay a higher hurricane deductible than you should
- Claim that you lack necessary proof of damages
Insurance companies generally face a mass payout when hurricanes happen, and this is not generally good for their business. They may play hardball with each person who files a claim, including you. An attorney from our team will present your policy, working toward a fair resolution.
Delays in Your Claim
Hurricanes cause widespread damage. In terms of insurance, this means a sudden flood of claims on insurance representatives’ desks. While some delay is to be expected, you can only worry about your claim. It is imperative that you receive the compensation you deserve to move forward with your life.
Our team will keep the pressure on insurance companies. As your representatives, we will push for the insurance company to prioritize your claim.
Bad Faith Tactics
Insurance companies must look out for themselves, but they must also act with good faith. We will counter any bad faith tactics by your insurers, which may include:
- Failing to process your claim as promptly as possible
- Misrepresenting the terms of your insurance policy
- Failing to adhere to the terms of your policy in any way
- Trying to intimidate you into accepting a poor settlement
- Any other forms of deception or bad faith
Let our team counter any such tactics, as they could truly jeopardize your claim.
St. Tammany ParishHurricane Claim Lawyer Near Me 800-747-3733
Why Partner with Our Hurricane Claims Lawyers Serving St. Tammany
Attorneys at the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine deal with insurance companies on a regular basis. We will not be fooled or intimidated by any attempts to undermine your rightful claim.
Property claims are one of our primary practice areas. As such, we’re prepared to:
- Complete an extensive review of your insurance policies
- Determine precisely how much coverage you have and what your deductible is
- Draft and file your claim promptly
- Handle every possible interaction with the insurance companies
- Monitor the progress of your claim, moving it forward however we can
- Negotiate with the insurance companies
- Work toward a fair resolution
All insurance claims come with filing deadlines. If you miss yours, you could lose the chance to seek damages through an insurance claim.
Get Answers From An Experienced Attorney.SPEAK TO AN ATTORNEY NOW
Call the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine About Your Property Claim
Our client testimonials emphasize how passionate we are about helping people in need. We have great empathy for victims of hurricanes, including those in St. Tammany Parish. We have deep roots in the Pelican State; two of our attorneys graduated from colleges in New Orleans.
We want to put our knowledge, experience, and resources to work for you.SPEAK TO AN ATTORNEY NOW