Terrebonne Parish’s proximity to the Gulf means it bears the brunt of flood losses when hurricanes strike. Even with proper coverage, your insurance company could deny you adequate compensation in the case of a hurricane.
A Terrebonne Parish hurricane claim lawyer from our firm can help you pick up the pieces after a hurricane. Our legal team understands the complexities of the hurricane insurance claim process. We can file your claim and fight for fair compensation.
Roadblocks to Compensation After a Hurricane
Insurance might sound like a great way to ensure you can afford to repair your home after a hurricane. However, hurricane insurance claims are complicated. There are several reasons you may not receive adequate compensation in the wake of a hurricane in Terrebonne Parish.
Your Insurer Claims You Have the Wrong Insurance
Insurance companies typically worry most about their bottom line. In flood-prone areas, they manage their costs by removing flood coverage from homeowners insurance plans. Flood insurance is often covered under a separate plan, according to the Louisiana Department of Insurance (LDI).
While homeownership in flood-prone areas, like Terrebonne Parish, typically requires both homeowners insurance and flood insurance per state guidelines, insurers may argue about which policies apply to your damage.
Our legal team can look into your policies and determine which insurer to make a claim with.
Your Provider Is Operating in Bad Faith
Your insurer may be operating in bad faith if they are engaging in certain tactics to avoid paying your claim. Our team can determine whether your insurer’s actions constitute bad faith and hold it accountable.
How Our Terrebonne Parish Hurricane Claim Lawyers Can Help
A hurricane claim lawyer can support you in several ways.
Assist in Filing Your Claim
Insurance companies require a good deal of information to process your claim, which includes the following:
- An inventory list of objects in your home
- Images of the losses your home sustained during the hurricane
- Required hotel stays because of the hurricane
The standard deadline for filing hurricane insurance claims in Terrebonne Parish is 180 days, per RS 22:1264. A Terrebonne Parish hurricane claim lawyer can work with you to gather evidence and file your claim on your behalf.
Represent You During the Hurricane Claim Process
While insurers may not always be on your side, a lawyer will always have your back. If your insurer is playing hardball, a hurricane claim lawyer can protect your rights and:
- Advise you on what information you should disclose to your insurer
- Notify you when your insurer is working against you
- Represent you should a claim disagreement proceed to trial
- Act as a mediator in meetings between you and your insurer
- Speak with your insurer on your behalf
- Employ a network of financial experts to assign a fair value for your claim and fight for your right to said claim
We can handle your claim while you focus on putting your life back together after a hurricane.
How Much does a Lawyer Cost?
Pricing varies at legal firms. Typically, a firm will offer you a free case evaluation. From there, it may ask for a retainer, or it may operate on a contingency-fee basis.
Contingency fees are designed to take the stress out of legal billing. This payment format means that the lawyer’s payment comes in the form of a percentage of your final compensation. With contingency fees, your legal team doesn’t get paid unless you do.
At the Law Offices of Anidjar and Levine, we operate on a contingency fee basis so worrying about payment won’t keep you up at night.
The Law Offices of Anidjar and Levine, Hurricane Claim Lawyers
Our team at the Law Offices of Anidjar and Levine prides itself on its property claims experience. We’ve spent years providing quality support to clients seeking fair pay-outs on their insurance claims.
This experience is joined by a passion for supporting the communities of Louisiana and Terrebonne Parish. Two of our lead partners, Nicholas Basco and Glen Levine, graduated from Loyola and Tulane, respectively. We get it. We understand the pain that hurricanes can bring, and we’re here to help.
This combination of caring and experience has translated to high-quality service for hundreds of our clients. Many of them felt compelled to leave positive reviews after working with the Law Offices of Anidjar and Levine:
- “Anidjar &Levine is a great law firm… Evans was most friendly, honest and sincere with our case and I would highly recommend this law firm to those struggling with finding the right law firm. Keep up the good work guys!” – Kharmen W.
- “Simple and to the Point. You won’t get any better service and results than with this guys… If anybody has any problem I always recommend Marc and his people and they always make me look awesome!” – Adriano P.
Making Communication Easy Is Our Top Priority
At the Law Offices of Anidjar and Levine, we prioritize transparency. Once you sign on as a client, you’ll have complete access to the details of your case, 24/7. As a part of our services, you’ll receive the phone number of the lawyer assigned to your case.
Don’t Miss Your Insurance Deadline
The standard Louisiana state deadline for insurance claims related to hurricane losses is 180 days, although this rule doesn’t apply to every case.
Flood insurance often operates under separate guidelines. The deadline for National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP) policies is 60 days.
What Should I Do Right After a Hurricane?
Contacting your insurer to understand the details of your claim process is vital. Consider getting in touch with a legal firm, like the Law Offices of Anidjar and Levine, as well.
Other tips include the following:
- Remove but don’t destroy wet objects from your home so they don’t mold.
- Take photos of your home to thoroughly document your losses.
- Wait until an adjuster has seen your home before making repairs.
- Communicate with your insurer about necessary hotel stays if your home has become inhabitable.
The Law Offices of Anidjar and Levine Is Ready to Help
Our team is on-call to provide you with the support you need after a Terrebonne Parish hurricane.
Call 1-800-747-3733 today for a free case evaluation.
We Can Help.