You should not have to expend precious energy after a storm fighting with an insurance company. You should focus on recovering from this disaster.
Hand over the fight to us. Our St. Charles Parish hurricane claim lawyers can handle the logistics of your case, from cataloging damages to appealing denied claims. The Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine is ready to hear your story today.
You Can Trust Our Team to Catalogue and Value Your Losses
Your insurance settlement will depend on your covered losses and how well you can document them. You could qualify for reimbursement or payment to cover repairs for:
- Pool houses
Coverage not only extends to structures, but also to personal property like:
Your property doesn’t need to be ruined to be covered. If the storm damaged your art collection, requiring restoration, your policy may cover that. Repairs to your lawnmower left unprotected when your garage roof collapsed could also be eligible.
Cataloging these losses can feel overwhelming. We can help take stock of your losses, lending a hand in evaluating what you lost and how they can be fixed, replaced, or paid for.
We Will Determine What You’re Owed
The value of your claim depends on the value of what you lost. Too often, this is where disaster victims and insurance companies disagree. Your adjuster may undervalue what you lost or claim you can simply repair something instead of replacing it. Our hurricane claim attorneys can analyze the damage, consult experts, and gather evidence to support your account of what is needed to rebuild your life in St. Charles Parish.
To help us in this pursuit, preserve evidence of your losses. Don’t throw away anything unless it is a hazard to keep it. For instance, the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) advises discarding perishable food, clothing, or pillows that have gotten wet, as they can grow mold and create health problems. As always, we can advise you during this process.
Our Lawyers Will Evaluate Your Insurance Policy
Insurance companies speak the same language as lawyers: legalese. That can make comprehending your options after a disaster even harder. Fortunately, we are fluent, recognizing the nuances designed to confuse you.
In hiring a hurricane claim attorney, you gain a team experienced in:
- Policy and settlement terms
- Louisiana hurricane rules
- Reasons for claim denials
- Tactics employed by insurers
You can trust our team to:
Understand Your Policy
In hurricane cases, it is crucial to know if you have flood insurance. As the Insurance Information Institute (III) reports, most homeowners insurance policies do not include coverage for flooding. You can instead obtain that coverage through the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP).
Water damage related to flooding is therefore covered under a flooding policy, while water damage from other storm causes is covered by homeowners insurance. That includes rain driven by wind into your home or roof damage that causes water to come inside.
We can review all your insurance coverage to determine what losses are eligible for compensation.
Understand Hurricane Deductibles
In Louisiana, your insurance likely has a separate form of coverage that is triggered by a hurricane. A storm is defined by law as a hurricane when the National Weather Service announces it (R.S. 22 § 1337).
You may need to pay between two and five percent of your property’s insured value as a deductible before coverage takes over. For St. Charles Parish residents like you, that could be a significant amount. Our hurricane claim lawyers can explain how this deductible affects your compensation.
Understand Claim Denials
You can call us at any time, but especially if your hurricane claim was unfairly denied. Some common reasons for denials are:
- Your homeowners insurance does not cover some of your losses.
- Some of your losses were not caused by the hurricane.
- You failed to take the required steps to protect your home from damage.
Shifting blame is a classic tool used by adjusters to avoid paying. We can use evidence like photos and videos, expert analysis, and physical debris to dispute the cause of your losses, establishing when and how they occurred.
Counter the Insurer’s Tactics
In addition to trying to divert liability away from the insurance company, adjusters may employ other tactics to avoid paying or reduce how much they pay. That can include:
- Dragging out your claim in the hope you’ll accept a lower settlement
- Pressuring you to provide a recorded statement before you’re ready
- Pressuring you to accept a settlement before you’re ready
- Switching adjusters or representatives to confuse you
- Twisting your words to try to deny your claim
- Underestimating what your losses are worth
If you’re experiencing any of these tactics, our team can take over all negotiations and communications.
Our Clients Love the Work We Do for Them
Attorneys Nicolas Basco and Glen Levine both graduated from universities in Louisiana—Loyola University New Orleans and Tulane University, respectively. We are intimately aware of the problems faced by residents after storms.
However, we pay personal attention to all our clients during all their challenges, as our testimonials attest:
- “My wife and I lost our home to a catastrophic fire just before Christmas last year and we were helpless. The insurance carrier refused to take our claim seriously until this outstanding law firm got involved. Mr. Myones worked our case tirelessly for nearly 8 months and we finally received a settlement that will help my wife and I get back in our home.” – Jeffrey G.
- “What unbelievable professionalism. If you have to hire an attorney to represent you during a difficult time, there is no other choice than Anidjar and Levine.” – Charles L.
We Provide Legal Help to Those Who Need It Most
When you work with our team, we promise that:
- Your consultation is free.
- You receive your attorney’s phone number.
- We provide frequent case updates.
- Emails and calls will be answered promptly.
We even help with everyday challenges, like scheduling appointments or repairs.
Explore Your Options Today During a Free Case Review
Filing and negotiating a hurricane claim should not feel like a full-time job. Leave that to our lawyers serving St. Charles Parish. Your only job should be restoring your home and peace of mind after this disaster. Call the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine today to learn more: 1-800-747-3733.
We Can Help.