Filing a hurricane claim can be complicated. You’ll have to deal with deadlines, documentation, and, occasionally, bad faith practices on the part of your insurer. You may find yourself displaced and without a home for a period while your property undergoes repairs.
To make things more difficult, your insurer may attempt to deny or reduce the compensation associated with your claim. Our Blue Bayou hurricane claim lawyers can take some of the burdens off your shoulders. They can provide insight into your policies and handle your claim from start to finish.
How Much Compensation Will I Receive for My Hurricane Claim?
Unfortunately, with hurricane claims, there is no average settlement. Your insurance company will pool evidence and assess the following factors to determine the value of your claim:
- Time spent at a hotel while your property undergoes repairs.
- Structural losses, like damaged flooring or roofing.
- Damaged vehicles.
- Other costs associated with repairs.
The Complexities of Hurricane Policy Coverage
The type of insurance you carry for your home can impact your compensation, as well.
Typically, full coverage in the case of a hurricane necessitates more than one policy. In Louisiana, homeowner’s insurance usually accounts for all damages that don’t involve water, like collapsed roofing or damaged fencing. For flooding to be covered, flood-specific insurance is required.
How do Storm Deductibles Affect My Claim?
In Blue Bayou and the rest of Louisiana, insurance companies use storm deductibles to help them provide coverage to a hurricane-prone area. This means that you’ll likely need to pay between 2% and 5% of the value of your home before your claim kicks in.
These factors, from deductibles to insurance types, can all make determining the precise amount you will be owed difficult. A Blue Bayou hurricane lawyer can draw on their expertise to help you learn what you should be owed.
For a free legal consultation with a hurricane claim lawyer serving Blue Bayou, 800-747-3733
Dealing With Bad Faith Insurance Practices
Many insurance companies work with you to make sure you get proper coverage after a hurricane. Others, though, may try to deny or reduce the amount you are owed.
These are some common signs that your insurer is working to bar you from receiving adequate compensation:
- They employ your recorded statements to prove that your home was damaged prior to the hurricane.
- They argue that your policy doesn’t provide adequate coverage.
- They seek other evidence to poke holes in your claim.
Do I Have Any Options If My Claimed Is Denied?
Thankfully, if you believe that your claim is being undervalued, you have a few options:
- Mediation: If you disagree with the valuation of your claim, you can enter the Louisiana state mediation process. A third-party mediator will be assigned to your case to help you and your insurer to come to a resolution.
- Appraisal: Another route is to hire an appraiser who can negotiate with the insurance company to reach an agreement.
The final option involves taking your claim to civil court. You may have the option of filing a lawsuit for your losses. A Blue Bayou hurricane claim lawyer can advise if you choose to go this route.
Blue BayouHurricane Claim Lawyer Near Me 800-747-3733
Legal Assistance from Our Blue Bayou Hurricane Claim Lawyers
If you find yourself at odds with your insurance company, a Blue Bayou hurricane claim lawyer could assist with the following services:
- Legal representation in civil court
- Advice on both the mediation and appraisal process
- Determine an accurate valuation of your losses to cross-check with your insurer’s proposed valuation
- Identify bad faith insurance practices and defend your rights if they are occurring
- Help you understand the ins and outs of your insurance policy
The law firm can back up these services by acting as your general legal advisor. Their expertise in the property claims process could provide invaluable insight. They’ll explain what your claim is worth and advise you on the next steps.
Get Answers From An Experienced Attorney.SPEAK TO AN ATTORNEY NOW
The Law Offices of Anidjar and Levine Understand Hurricane Claims
Hurricanes and their aftermath can put you in a tough spot. Having legal support could make your life easier.
That’s where we come in. At the Law Offices of Anidjar and Levine, we know that you are already juggling too many things at once. Our team has represented clients throughout their property claims cases. We understand the details of hurricane claims law and will work to help you.
We Care About our Community
Our team is committed to providing compassionate support to those who may have been affected by hurricanes in Blue Bayou.
Testimonials from Our Clients
From fires to hurricanes, we’ve supported clients in a range of difficult property claims situations. The quality advice and services we’ve provided has led many of our previous clients to leave positive reviews:
- “Mark, Glen, Elie, and the rest of the attorneys and staff at Anidjar and Levine did a great job for me after I was in my auto accident. They are friendly, sympathetic people who work very hard for their clients. I highly recommend them!” – Mark R.
- “Such great work by the law firm. Settled case in such a rapid time. They are friendly and professional, always keeping me abreast with the status of the case. I don’t write reviews, but they deserve praise. I am thankful for their hard work.” – Stacey C.
- “Execellent Law Firm. I pesonally know people who have used them and all were delighted with the respresentation.” – Alexander S.
Can I Afford a Blue Bayou Hurricane Claim Lawyer?
A contingency fee plan allows you to get started on your claim without any upfront fees. Our payment comes as a percentage of your potential settlement.
At the Law Offices of Anidjar and Levine, this is the payment plan we typically use. In many hurricane claim cases, we won’t receive any payment unless you do.
We also offer free case evaluations. During these evaluations, we usually discuss pricing with you so there are no surprise costs.
Blue Bayou Hurricane ClaimYOU CAN TRUST US 800-747-3733
Blue Bayou Hurricane Claim Deadlines
The insurance policy you have will dictate your deadline for filing a hurricane claim. Our Blue Bayou hurricane claim lawyers can help you meet any deadlines that apply to your claim.
Don’t Hesitate to Get in Touch With Us
At the Law Offices of Anidjar and Levine, we’re ready to hear about your case. We offer free case evaluations and 24/7 support for our clients. You worry about taking care of your home and your family. We have the rest covered.
Call 1-800-747-3733 to get started.
We want to put our knowledge, experience, and resources to work for you.SPEAK TO AN ATTORNEY NOW