When a loved one dies in an accident, you must deal not only with your grief and sorrow, but also with the desire to hold the liable party accountable. For the latter, you can file a wrongful death claim against them. However, it’s important to find a wrongful death attorney who can provide you with the help you need. You must research lawyers in the area to choose the right Tampa wrongful death attorney.
A critical step in choosing the right wrongful death attorney is to schedule a consultation. Also, look at their case results and read online reviews about how others feel about their legal services. Most importantly, learn about their fee structure to ensure you can afford their legal services. These steps allow you to find the right wrongful death lawyer to take on your case.
The Right Wrongful Death Attorney In Tampa Will Meet Your Needs
Your priority when choosing the right wrongful death attorney in Tampa is finding someone who fits the needs of your claim. When your research lands on someone you feel compatible with, it can make the legal process more manageable.
Look At Case Results For Attorneys Who Have Handled Similar Cases
The first step to choosing the right attorney for your wrongful death claim is to find lawyers who have handled similar cases and the outcomes of those cases. If a firm has many successful results, you might want to proceed with your research.
Many law firms offer examples of their case results on their website so that you can take a closer look at this information. You can also ask about case results during the consultation.
Read Online Reviews And Testimonials
Another way to evaluate wrongful death attorneys is to look at their online reviews. Online reviews can offer a closer look into how attorneys treated past clients and how hard they worked for them. Also, you can learn more information about their responsiveness.
Finding a responsive attorney is essential so you can always stay up to date on what goes on with your case. In addition, you want to find someone who offers compassionate legal care that makes the legal process easier to bear.
Dealing with a loved one’s death can cause intense grief. So, having a lawyer who understands that and offers a sympathetic ear can make you feel better through the claims process. By looking through reviews, you can learn more about an attorney’s demeanor and how they treat their clients.
Schedule An Initial Consultation
You want to take advantage of the free initial consultations many wrongful death attorneys offer. During the consultation, you can ask questions to determine if the firm is the right fit for your case. So, to get the most out of your meeting, it’s important to come prepared by taking the following steps:
- Bring the necessary paperwork. When you arrive for the consultation, ensure you have all the necessary paperwork for your case, such as the death certificate, a police report, or medical documentation. Then, your attorneys could use this information as evidence if they move forward with your case.
- Bring a list of questions. You might be anxious about meeting someone regarding a sensitive subject like your family member’s death. So, you might forget all or some of your questions during the consultation. Thus, bring a list of questions along, ensuring you don’t forget to ask the attorney about the critical information you need.
- Bring something to take notes. You will want to remember the lawyer’s responses to your questions by writing them down. Also, they will probably provide abundant information about their legal services. So, write down the information they provide or save it to your phone’s notepad.
Hopefully, the consultation provides enough insight to decide whether the attorney is the right fit.
Determine How Much The Attorney Will Cost
An important final aspect to consider when searching for a wrongful death attorney is ensuring you can afford them. Fortunately, many wrongful death lawyers work on a contingency fee basis. Therefore, you won’t pay for their legal services unless you recover compensation on behalf of your loved one.
Benefits Of Finding The Right Wrongful Death Attorney In Tampa
If you take the time to find the right wrongful death lawyer in Tampa, you will notice the benefits once you start working with them. For example, the right wrongful death attorney can offer the following for you and your family:
- Support during the healing and grieving process.
- Explanations of the legal terminology that relates to your case.
- A vigorous fight for fair compensation for your losses.
- Collecting the necessary evidence to prove you sustained wrongful death damages.
- Saving you time because they already know relevant laws and won’t require time to research what steps to take.
You Have A Limited Time To Seek Compensation For Wrongful Death In Tampa
While you search for the right wrongful death attorney in Tampa, you must remember you have a two-year deadline to meet based on Florida’s statute of limitations. While it’s important to take time to find the right attorney, you must also consider the time your lawyer will need to build your case.
Contact A Wrongful Death Attorney In Tampa Today
Did your loved one pass away because of someone else’s negligent actions? If so, you could use help from a compassionate and supportive wrongful death attorney. At the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine, we offer legal representation to surviving family members in wrongful death cases. With our firm, you will receive your attorney’s cell phone number for immediate status updates when you need them.
Contact us today to schedule a free consultation, where you can learn whether our law firm has the right wrongful death lawyer for you.
We Can Help.