If you have a spinal cord injury that somebody else caused, you could be entitled to money for your damages. You may recover compensation for your medical bills, lost wages, and the many other losses associated with your injury.
The Jacksonville spinal cord injury lawyers at the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine can help. We want to file your claim, pursue a lawsuit if necessary, and seek the full settlement you deserve. We offer free, no-risk consultations.
- You Have a Deadline to File Your Spinal Cord Injury Lawsuit in Jacksonville
- We Can Pursue and Calculate Your Spinal Injury-related Losses
- We Can Manage a Wide Variety of Cases
- We Must Prove These Four Things in Your Case
- How Long does It Take to Resolve a Spinal Cord Injury Case in Jacksonville?
- How does a Spinal Cord Injury Lawyer Handle Each Case?
- Get Started With a Free Case Review From Our Florida Law Firm
For a free legal consultation with a spinal cord injury lawyer serving Jacksonville, call (800) 747-3733
You Have a Deadline to File Your Spinal Cord Injury Lawsuit in Jacksonville
Before we go a step further, you should know about Florida’s statute of limitations. This is the deadline by which you must file your lawsuit.
According to the Mayo Clinic, it is not always immediately obvious that someone has a spinal cord injury. This means you should be cautious after an accident and seek medical treatment right away. It also means that the statute of limitations may begin “counting down” even before you know you are injured.
You can protect your right to fair compensation by seeking medical attention as soon as possible. Once you’ve documented your injury, our lawyers can determine your case’s filing deadline.
Jacksonville Spinal Cord Injury Lawyer Near Me (800) 747-3733
We Can Pursue and Calculate Your Spinal Injury-related Losses
We work with medical, vocational, and occupational experts who may testify about the effects of your injury. We retrieve, review, and present your medical records and other documentation. Afterward, we can negotiate for a settlement that covers your:
- Current and future medical bills
- Lost wages and earning capacity
- Physical therapy and nursing care
- Cost of assistive devices (e.g., wheelchair)
- Cost of home or vehicle modification
- Cost to hire help for household chores, childcare, and lawn maintenance
- Pain and suffering
- Reduced quality of life
- Partial or total disability
- Disfigurement from either the injury or medical treatment
How Much Can You Get for a Spinal Cord Injury in Jacksonville?
Your claim’s value depends on a lot of factors, including:
- The severity of your injury (whether you suffered tetraplegia or paraplegia, for example)
- Your working ability
- Your age
- Your quality of life
- Your mobility
- Your financial losses
- Your anticipated healthcare needs
We investigate all the effects of your injury when assessing your claim’s value. Insurance companies may offer you a settlement that accounts for your current bills but fails to account for the long-term effects of your injury.
What Is My Spinal Cord Injury Worth?
A 2021 study published in the Global Spine Journal reports that some spinal cord injuries cost from $32,240 to over $1.1 million in the first year, with costs in later years ranging from the thousands to the hundreds of thousands, depending on injury severity.
We have successfully settled spinal cord injury cases before. We know what these cases are worth, and we will not stop fighting until we reach a fair agreement with the liable party.
We Can Manage a Wide Variety of Cases
Our team manages a wide array of practice areas in Jacksonville. Whether you were hurt in a car accident, a slip and fall, or some other manner, we can build your case. Below are some of the ways in which we can manage your case, depending on how you were hurt.
Motor Vehicle Accidents Are the Leading Cause of Spinal Cord Injuries
According to the American Association of Neurological Surgeons (AANS), car accidents are the most common cause of spinal cord injuries. If you suffered a spinal cord injury in a traffic accident in Jacksonville, you must first file a claim with your own insurer to seek damages.
However, your coverage might not cover your losses. In that case, you could file a claim with the other party’s insurer or file a lawsuit.
Falls Also Account For a Large Percentage of Spinal Cord Impairments
If you were hurt on another party’s property, you could hold them accountable for your losses, regardless of whether the incident was on public or private property. You could argue that, because the property owner did not keep their premises in a safe condition, you were hurt and suffered a spinal cord injury. For example, you could sue if your injury was caused by:
- Unmown grass or overgrown foliage that hid other hazards
- Lack of warning signs about hazards the owner or lessee should have known about
- Spills or slick spots that were not cleaned up promptly
- Broken stairs, banisters, or walkways
- Swimming pools that lack proper fencing or safety measures, or that were not kept in good repair
Medical/ Surgical Errors Also Contribute Significantly To Spinal Injuries
You rely on your doctor to provide competent treatment and protect you from unnecessary injury. If a medical professional failed to treat you properly, you could hold them accountable through a medical malpractice claim or lawsuit.
We can seek compensation for your losses even if you suffered an accident type not listed above.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
We Must Prove These Four Things in Your Case
Your lawyer will investigate all aspects of your accident, including its primary cause and contributing factors. This allows us to identify all the parties that are responsible for your accident and gather evidence that proves liability.
Your case must establish four things:
- Duty of care: The defendant had a duty to act in a reasonable manner so as not to harm you
- Breach of duty: The defendant acted carelessly or recklessly
- Causation: The defendant’s negligent behavior caused your accident and injuries
- Damages: You suffered damages because of your injuries
How Can Our Team Prove Negligence in Your Spinal Cord Injury Case?
We may work with accident reconstruction experts and medical professionals who can establish the cause of your accident. We may also secure:
- Video surveillance footage
- Eyewitness testimony
- Your medical records
- Photos of the accident scene
- The accident report, if applicable
Your personal account of events is important. We recommend keeping a journal of your recovery period or post-accident lifestyle. This information could attest to various aspects of your case, as well as your pain and suffering.
How Long does It Take to Resolve a Spinal Cord Injury Case in Jacksonville?
We strive to resolve all of our cases through insurance negotiations. This is because such negotiations are typically the fastest way of securing damages. Going to court takes a lot of time, resources, and effort.
Depending on your situation, it could take weeks or even months to resolve your case. For some injured claimants, we’ve battled for years with the involved parties. The following measures could promote the progression of your case:
- Seeking prompt medical attention
- Directing the involved parties to your lawyer
- Refraining from giving recorded statements
- Avoiding social media
- Keeping track of your losses
- Attending all physical therapy appointments
Our legal team can provide other recommendations that could help your situation.
How does a Spinal Cord Injury Lawyer Handle Each Case?
At the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine, we know that every client’s case presents unique challenges. Therefore, we provide each of our clients with personalized care, including:
- A thorough investigation: We look into every aspect of your case until we know who is responsible and what your injuries are worth. We want to have enough evidence to prove these facts to the liable party’s representatives.
- Handling all administrative tasks: Anytime it is necessary to fill out paperwork – from notifying the liable party to preparing a settlement agreement – we take care of it all.
- Negotiations and meetings: If the liable party has something to say to you or vice versa, we will take and deliver that message. Your lawyer can also present evidence to their insurance company and fight for the settlement you need.
- Courtroom preparations and presentations: Cases do not often go to court, because trials are more costly than settlements. However, if it is not possible to get a fair pretrial settlement, we are not afraid of the courtroom and can represent you before a judge and jury.
We Make Our Services Accessible to All
Can you afford a spinal cord injury lawyer? How can you meet with your attorney if you are not well enough to travel to a law office? Our team understands that this is a challenging time for you and your family. We make it easier for you to get the legal help you want by:
- Giving you your lawyer’s number: Clients are encouraged to call, text, or email us whenever they have a question or problem. We answer all queries as soon as possible.
- Coming to visit you: If travel is an issue, do not worry about coming to our Jacksonville office. We will come to see you at home or in the hospital.
- Offering free consultations: If you want to know more about our services before hiring us, we offer case reviews to all callers at no charge and with no obligation. You can find out within minutes if you have a valid legal case for damages.
- Deferring attorney’s fees: We charge no attorney’s fee upfront. Instead, we take our fee out of whatever compensation you collect. We can even include attorney’s fees as part of your request for damages, further taking the financial burden off your shoulders.
Get Started With a Free Case Review From Our Florida Law Firm
The Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine can provide legal aid if you were injured in Jacksonville or elsewhere in Duval County. We can get started on your case right away so you can focus on your recovery. Connect with our team by dialing (888) 369-4550.