A slip and fall accident can turn an everyday errand into a catastrophe. You could find yourself with medical bills, serious injuries, and time away from work. If your accident occurred on someone else’s property, you could be due compensation.
But to win damages, your case must prove the property owner’s negligence caused your injuries. This requires evidence collection, case building, and more. A slip and fall lawyer in Jacksonville at the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine can help you pursue damages for your expenses.
- Do You Qualify to Seek Compensation Following a Fall?
- What Types of Damages Can You Recover Through a Slip and Fall Injury Case?
- File Your Case in Accordance with Florida’s Statute of Limitations
- How Our Jacksonville Slip and Fall Injury Team Will Serve You
- Commonly Asked Questions About Slip and Falls in Jacksonville, FL
- When Is a Property Owner NOT Liable for a Slip and Fall Accident?
- Measures to Consider If You Were Harmed in a Slip and Fall Accident
- Reviews from Our Clients
- What You Can Expect from Us
- Talk to a Slip and Fall Injury Firm in Jacksonville, FL, Today
For a free legal consultation with a slip and fall injury lawyer serving Jacksonville, call (800) 747-3733
Do You Qualify to Seek Compensation Following a Fall?
Let’s look at the following hypothetical scenario to better understand your potential case. Imagine, for example, a snapped handrail leading up the main stairs to a health club. The owner of the health club notices the damage on his way in for his morning shift, but he forgets to put up adequate signs or stanchions to point out the danger.
As a patron of the health club, you come for your daily workout and attempt to use the handrail, but it gives way, and you end up falling down the stairs. If you can provide evidence that this negligence caused your slip and fall, the health club owner might be liable for your resulting damages.
When you call us for a free case review, we can determine whether you have a valid case. Basically, if you were hurt due to negligence, you could qualify for compensation.
Jacksonville Slip and Fall Injury Lawyer Near Me (800) 747-3733
What Types of Damages Can You Recover Through a Slip and Fall Injury Case?
The slip and fall lawyers at the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine can tabulate the total damages you have incurred. We can fight for damages such as:
- Medical treatment costs to date
- At-home or residential care
- Physical therapy and rehabilitation
- Assistive devices and accessibility modifications
- Lost income and benefits to date
- Direct costs and out-of-pocket expenses
- Physical pain and suffering
- Emotional trauma
The Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine can also build a wrongful death case if a slip and fall accident resulted in your loved one’s passing. In that case, your compensable losses could comprise:
- Funeral, burial, and cremation expenses
- Your loved one’s healthcare costs
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of parental guidance, household benefits, and income
File Your Case in Accordance with Florida’s Statute of Limitations
You only have a limited time to file a slip and fall injury lawsuit in Florida. Per Florida Statutes §95.11(3)(a), you generally have four years from the incident’s date to sue. You have two years to file a wrongful death lawsuit.
Failure to file your lawsuit on time could mean:
- The other party would not be held financially accountable.
- You would have to pay for your losses out of pocket.
- The insurance company would have little incentive to settle your claim.
Give your case a chance at succeeding by connecting with our firm today.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
How Our Jacksonville Slip and Fall Injury Team Will Serve You
When you choose a slip and fall lawyer from the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine, we will handle every aspect of your case. While you focus on your recovery, we will work to build the strongest case possible and work directly with the at-fault party’s insurer to negotiate a settlement. If necessary, we will argue your case in court.
Here are some ways we can help you:
We Can Provide Consistent Communication on Your Case
We seek the quickest possible resolution of your slip and fall case and promise to stay in communication with you throughout the process. We will answer your questions and also provide essential updates on our progress.
We Will Investigate Your Slip and Fall Accident
We will assess all available evidence at our disposal and investigate every facet of your accident. Through this process, we can assign fault while also documenting the full scope of your losses.
We Can Prove and Assign Fault
Hazards happen, but when a property owner fails to identify or remedy a hazard, he might be at fault for any injuries that occur as a result. Our slip and fall lawyers in Duval County, FL, will determine fault by establishing:
- Duty of care. The other party had an obligation to keep you from harm.
- Breach of duty. This party breached his duty of care and risked your safety through negligence.
- Causation. You suffered injuries because of this breach.
- Damages. You have economic and non-economic damages after getting injured.
We Will Document Your Losses and Accident’s Cause
Our slip and fall lawyers in Duval County, FL, will bolster your case by acquiring crucial evidence from the accident, such as:
- Accident reports and scene photos
- Surveillance videos
- Witness statements
- Owner or facility safety records
We will also gather any relevant documentation regarding your injury-related expenses, including:
- Medical records
- Bills for doctor or therapy appointments
- Wage statements
The slip and fall lawyers in Duval County from the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine will accumulate all the necessary evidence and documentation on your behalf.
Commonly Asked Questions About Slip and Falls in Jacksonville, FL
Before you begin your free case review, here are some questions we can address:
How Does the Cause of Your Slip and Fall Affect Your Settlement?
Your role in the accident could subtract from your final settlement or award. For instance, if you were wearing inadequate footwear and slipped at a store’s entrance, you could be partially at fault. Your percentage of fault would reduce the money you could get.
Our team can evaluate your circumstances to determine if your portion of fault correctly reflects your situation. From there, we can estimate the total value of your losses.
What Hazards Can Result in Slip and Fall Injuries?
Our case must establish not only who caused your accident but also the hazard that caused it.
Here are some common causes of slip and fall accidents:
- Wet floors: Even if the property owner did not personally spill something onto the floor, there still exists a duty to regularly monitor and address any spills in a reasonable amount of time.
- Unmarked obstacles: Property owners have a duty to mark hazards like curbs, wires, and other obstacles that a reasonable person would not expect. Failure to do so could make the negligent party liable for a fall.
- Poorly maintained property: Property owners must keep their properties reasonably maintained. This includes addressing issues such as potholes, crumbling asphalt or concrete, and downed trees that can become slip or trip hazards.
- Stairs without handrails: Failing to install handrails may constitute negligence, as it ignores a common and expected safety mechanism to prevent falls. A property owner that fails to install or repair handrails may be liable for a fall.
If you fell on someone else’s property due to a hazard the owner failed to address, talk to our slip and fall lawyers in Jacksonville at the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine. We will examine the details of your case, identify its cause and contributing factors, and determine how to proceed.
When Is a Property Owner NOT Liable for a Slip and Fall Accident?
Not everyone who slips and falls on someone else’s property can recover compensation. Defendants in slip and fall cases often attempt to claim the victim was not on the property legally, thus creating a legal argument regarding the victim’s “status” at the time of the accident.
Property owners owe a duty of care to invited guests like customers, employees, business guests, and social guests. However, they have limited responsibility to trespassers, per Florida Statutes §768.075.
So, for instance, if a trespasser slips and falls in an unmarked puddle on the property, the property owner may not be liable. That said, a property owner cannot set up traps or take other steps to intentionally injure a trespasser.
If the defendant argues you were trespassing at the time of the accident, our case will aim to prove your status was that of an invitee or licensee, to which the property owner owes a duty of care.
Measures to Consider If You Were Harmed in a Slip and Fall Accident
Now that we’ve addressed some commonly asked questions, here are some considerations in the aftermath of a fall:
Seek Medical Care Following the Accident
Our personal injury lawyers will rely on your medical records to make a connection between your injuries and the accident, as well as to establish the value of your damages. Even if you feel okay, visit a doctor for an evaluation.
You might have an injury that doesn’t present symptoms right away. This is important not only for your health but for your claim too. If you wait too long to seek medical attention, the other party might argue your injuries are unrelated to the accident.
Save Any Photos, Videos, or Notes from the Accident Scene
Make copies of any photographs or videos you took at the scene. If others took photos or videos, ask for copies or give us the contact information of these witnesses so we can secure the evidence.
We also advise writing down the name(s) of the property owner, manager, or any other people present (such as witnesses, store employees, etc.).
Work with a Jacksonville Slip and Fall Injury Lawyer
Reach out to our firm as soon as possible. The sooner we become involved in your case, the sooner we can secure evidence, calculate your losses, and initiate the legal process.
Reviews from Our Clients
Results matter, and so does service. You deserve respect and compassion after getting hurt because of negligence. Here are a few reviews from our clients:
- “Shire Patel worked with me on my case and was absolutely amazing! Sharp as a knife and fought hard against the insurance with my best interest in mind at all time. He was also very responsive and always kept in touch updating me about my case at all hours. I had very high expectations for my injury compensation and he exceeded them beyond belief. He really takes the time to make sure you get the best…. I am very grateful he was my attorney and I would highly recommend him!” – 5 stars – Daniel R.
- “I had such an amazing experience here! Jonathan Holtz was my attorney and I could not have asked for a better person to take my case. He was very responsive and did a great job of keeping me informed! I would highly recommend letting them be your attorney.” – 5 stars – Sarah A.
- “I hired Anidjar and Levine for a car accident case, in the course of the case Anidjar & Levine protected my character, my future…went far and beyond what initially were hired for. As a conclusion they won my case and successfully managed to protect my character. These guys are amazing attorneys, they are the BEST!!! If I could give them 100 stars here they would get that and more. Highly recommend this office. They got it done, thank you!!!!!!” – 5 stars – Erika C.
It will be our honor to take care of your Jacksonville slip and fall accident claim and treat you like family.
What You Can Expect from Us
We work relentlessly to get you the compensation you deserve and deliver top-notch service to our clients. When you become a client of the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine, you will get a lawyer dedicated to your case. You will receive that attorney’s individual telephone number so that you can reach out when you have questions.
You can also count on these things:
- You will receive frequent case updates. You will always know what is going on with your claim or lawsuit.
- You will be a part of the team. We do not settle your case without your permission.
- We respond to your telephone calls and emails. We provide answers to all your questions.
- We treat our clients with respect and compassion. We understand that you are going through a stressful time. We want to be a part of the solution, not the problem.
- We can even help get your appointments scheduled. You should not have to spend your time playing “telephone tag” with your doctor’s office. We can take that task off of your plate.
- When we give you the “white glove treatment,” you get the opportunity to rest and devote your energy to your health and well-being.
Because we go the extra mile, all you need to worry about is getting better. We take care of everything else. You deserve to get treated this well.
Talk to a Slip and Fall Injury Firm in Jacksonville, FL, Today
Contact the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine as soon as possible to pursue legal action. For your free case review, call us now.