The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) defines financial abuse as an unacceptable misuse of money or property belonging to a nursing home resident.
If an elderly loved one has cash, benefits, or personal property stolen from them, they could be the victim of nursing home financial abuse. A Jacksonville missing money or personal items lawyer can help your loved one recover from this type of treatment.
When you are ready to seek justice for your loved one, contact the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine. We are committed to advocating for the rights of nursing home residents and their families. To learn more, call 1-800-747-3733.
For a free legal consultation with a missing money or personal items lawyer serving Jacksonville, call (800) 747-3733
Do Not Wait To Get Your Compensation Claim Started
Florida Statute §429.28, also known as the Resident Bill of Rights, entitles nursing home patients to certain protections that cannot be violated.
Florida’s Resident Bill of Rights includes:
- The right to live in a safe and decent environment free of abuse or neglect
- The right to be treated with respect and dignity
- The right to keep in contact with those outside of the nursing home through phone calls, written correspondence, and physical visitations
- The right to maintain exclusive possession of their personal property in their private living quarters
- The right to maintain control of their personal finances and safeguard their money from theft
This act also entitles your loved one to file a civil action against the nursing home if their rights are violated. The legal team at the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine can address your questions and concerns as you move forward with your case. To learn more, call 1-800-747-3733.
Jacksonville Missing Money or Personal Items Lawyer Near Me (800) 747-3733
Get Help From a Jacksonville Missing Money or Personal Items Lawyer
You should never be concerned about your loved one’s property in the nursing home you trust with their day-to-day care.
If someone you love was the victim of nursing home theft, our legal team will:
- Conduct an independent investigation into your allegations
- Assign an accurate value to your compensation claim
- Negotiate with the nursing home and their insurer
- Collect evidence to support financial abuse
- Take your case to court, if necessary
If you are looking for responsive legal care that goes the extra mile to support your claim, we are here for you. We encourage you to reach out to our team today.
We Can Help You Fight For Compensation
When you entrust a member of your family to a nursing home, you expect your loved one and their possessions to be treated with courtesy and respect. If an elderly loved one was the victim of theft in their nursing home, you have options for financial recovery.
Contact the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine to find out how a Jacksonville missing money or personal items lawyer can help you fight for compensation. Call 1-800-747-3733 to speak to a member of our team about your financial recovery options today.