Losing a family member because of someone else’s reckless actions is devastating. Fortunately, our Hollywood wrongful death lawyers can help you hold the responsible party accountable under Florida law.
Our attorneys can fight for compensation for your loved one’s medical expenses and other bills. We want to help you secure the financial resources you need to settle your loved one’s estate and get your family’s life back on track.
Motor Vehicle Accidents Are a Leading Cause of Wrongful Death
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), vehicle collisions are among the top three leading causes of accidental deaths nationwide (along with falls and poisonings).
In Broward County in 2021, there were more than 260 crash fatalities. If your loved one died from injuries sustained in a car, truck, or motorcycle accident on US Highway 1 or another road in Hollywood,FL, our lawyers can assist you.
Other Common Wrongful Death Cases
In addition to vehicle accidents, we also represent clients in wrongful death cases resulting from:
- Premises liability issues: Property owners are responsible for the condition and safety of their premises. Wrongful death cases that come under the umbrella of premises liability include accidental drownings, slip and falls, and fire and burn injuries.
- Defective products: We help the families of victims injured by defective or dangerous products or medical devices. Currently, our firm is involved with several mass torts, including the Zantac cancer lawsuit and the Paragard IUD lawsuit. We can tell you more about whether your wrongful death suit qualifies for a class action.
- Medical malpractice: Our lawyers can help you hold a doctor, nurse, or medical facility accountable if a medical mistake resulted in your loved one’s death. Examples of malpractice include surgical errors, medication errors, failure to diagnose or treat, and failure to provide follow-up care. We also assist with birth injuries.
- Nursing home abuse and neglect: We can fight for you if your loved one died because of abusive or neglectful nursing home care.
- Pedestrian accidents: If you lost a loved one as a result of a pedestrian accident, our attorneys can help you recover damages and bring you justice.
- Wrongful death lawsuits involving construction defects: If your loved one was killed as a result of a building defect, our lawyers can help you recover damages. Our team has experience representing clients who have been injured due to faulty roofs, windows, doors, walls, foundations, and elevators.
- Workplace injuries: We assist with wrongful death cases and workers’ compensation claims involving on-the-job accidents and construction injuries.
- Construction accidents: When a fatal injury results from a construction site accident, our lawyers can you and your loved ones. We handle all types of construction accidents, including those caused by improper equipment training, unsafe scaffolding, and unsafe working conditions.
- Truck accidents: A fatal trucking accident may be considered a “tort” under Florida law. This means that the driver, owner, or company responsible for the accident could be held liable for compensatory damages such as pain and suffering, lost wages, funeral expenses, and other losses suffered by the victim’s family.
Wrongful death lawsuits can be complex, but they don’t have to be overwhelming. Our team of experienced personal injury lawyers will work hard to make sure you receive fair compensation for your losses.
For a free legal consultation with a wrongful death lawyer serving Hollywood, 800-747-3733
Our Lawyers Can Help You Seek Damages
A deceased’s personal representative (executor) must take wrongful death action on behalf of the estate and the deceased’s survivors, according to Florida Statutes §768.20. Eligible survivors include the deceased’s spouse, biological or adopted children, and parents. If there are no primary beneficiaries, biological or adopted next-of-kin can receive damages.
Wrongful death compensation may include:
- Medical treatment:We can recover the cost of medical procedures, hospitalizations, emergency transportation, emergency department services, medications, hospice, or any other medical needs resulting from your family member’s fatal injury.
- Funeral and burial expenses: This includes the cost of services, urns, caskets, burial plots, and other necessary end-of-life expenses.
- Lost income and future earnings: We can seek your loved one’s lost wages, earnings, and benefits from the time of injury until death. We can also pursue compensation for future lost income and savings the deceased would have earned if not for their fatal accident.
- Loss of the deceased’s support and services: Surviving family members can receive compensation for their mental pain and suffering, loss of their loved one’s companionship, loss of parental instruction and guidance, and loss of the deceased’s support and protection.
HollywoodWrongful Death Lawyer Near Me 800-747-3733
Our Attorneys Can Prove Liability
Our Hollywood wrongful death lawyers will take legal action by investigating your loved one’s fatal accident or injury and determine the cause. We can prove the liable party acted negligently or wrongfully. Building your case may involve:
- Visiting the scene of your loved one’s accident to collect physical evidence and take photographs
- Speaking with your loved one’s doctors and obtaining their medical records (with your permission)
- Working with accident reconstruction experts
- Tracking down any cell phone, surveillance, or dashcam footage
- Locating and interviewing eyewitnesses
- Obtaining police and accident reports
In addition to establishing liability and negligence, we will also prove your loved one’s death caused financial losses. We will obtain and calculate bills, receipts, and other proof of out-of-pocket expenses.
If necessary, we can work with economists and financial experts to value your loved one’s future lost wages and other financial hardships created by their death.
Get Answers From An Experienced Attorney.SPEAK TO AN ATTORNEY NOW
We Can File Your Case Before the Statute of Limitations Expires
If seeking an insurance settlement is an option, our attorneys can file your wrongful death or personal injury claim and work to negotiate an advantageous agreement. However, your best course of action for achieving fair compensation may be a personal injury lawsuit.
According to Florida Statutes §95.11(4)(d), you have two years from your loved one’s passing to file a wrongful death action in civil court. Even if you feel confident your case will settle, you do not want to ignore this deadline.
An expired statute can reduce your bargaining power and may result in underpaid or denied insurance claims.
Whether seeking financial compensation through a wrongful death claim or a formal lawsuit, our team will handle every detail so that you can worry about taking care of yourself and your family. We will:
- Manage case paperwork and deadlines.
- Draft and file official documents.
- Communicate with insurance agents and opposing counsel on your behalf.
- Fight for you during negotiations.
- Appear on your behalf in court if necessary.
- Represent you during a trial if needed.
Hollywood Wrongful DeathYOU CAN TRUST US 800-747-3733
We Will Not Collect a Fee Unless We Win
We do not want the cost of a lawyer to stand in the way of seeking justice for your loved one. When you work with us, you pay nothing until we win your case. Our fees come from your successful settlement or verdict, not out of pocket.
Additionally, we pride ourselves on our responsive legal representation. We will not leave you guessing about the direction of your wrongful death claim. We promise to return calls or emails quickly, provide regular updates, and give clear and straightforward answers to your questions. We will even give you your lawyer’s phone number so you can reach out directly.
Call the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine To Learn More About How We Can Help
Our law firm has been helping families throughout Florida recover damages since 2005. If you are looking for a personal injury attorney who will fight hard for your rights, contact us today or fill out our online form.
The Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine has helped thousands of families like yours receive monetary compensation for the loss of a loved one. To get started on your case today, call us to schedule a free initial consultation.
We want to put our knowledge, experience, and resources to work for you.SPEAK TO AN ATTORNEY NOW