If you cannot work and earn a living because of your medical condition, you may be eligible for Social Security Disability benefits. These benefits may help you support yourself or your family in Hollywood, FL.
However, applying for Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) or Supplemental Security Income (SSI) can be a difficult process. There is always the possibility that your claim will be denied. Our Hollywood, Florida Social Security Disability lawyer can help you file your initial claim or appeal a decision on your current claim.
How Our Lawyer Can Help Your Case In Hollywood, FL
Applying for benefits can get complex. Our Hollywood personal injury lawyer can explain the claims and appeals process. You do not have to face these challenges alone. When we work with you, we can help you by:
- Gathering all the necessary information to fill out your initial claim for benefits
- Communicating with all the parties involved in your case, including Social Security Administration (SSA) representatives
- Helping you gather documents that prove how much money you earn and why you deserve benefits
- Answering any questions you have
- Providing you with timely case updates
- Giving you your lawyer’s phone number
When you work with the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine, you will experience responsive legal assistance.
We won’t charge you any money upfront to work with one of our lawyers. We only get paid once your case is settled. The payment we receive is a percentage of your backpay, which is the money you are given while you wait for the SSA to make its decision on your case.
Qualifying For Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI)
To get your Social Security Disability Insurance claim approved, you must meet the conditions set by the Social Security Administration (SSA):
Your Disability Must Meet SSA Standards
Since the Social Security Administration has its own definition of disability, your injury has to be debilitating enough to meet its standard. Some of their criteria include:
- The disability will last at least one year, or
- The disability is permanent or will eventually lead to death, and
- The disability hinders your ability to participate in successfully gainful activity
Your Job Is Covered By Social Security
Another deciding factor affecting your disability claim’s approval is your job. The SSA does not cover all types of workers, so you could consider checking first with our Hollywood, Florida Social Security Disability lawyer. As they stay updated on your claim’s requirements, they can better determine whether your work qualifies.
You Have Enough Work Credits
Besides having a qualified job, you must have also gained enough work credits.
The SSA states that the number of work credits you need to qualify for benefits can change yearly. Our Hollywood, Florida Social Security disability lawyer can help gather the documents detailing how long you have worked.
Qualifying For Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
You can choose to apply for both SSDI and SSI to seek the benefits you need. SSI is a program meant to help those who have low income and few assets. To qualify, you must:
- Be blind, disabled, or over 65 years of age
- Have few assets and make below a certain amount of money each month
Our Hollywood, Florida Social Security Disability attorney can explain more about how you may qualify for SSDI or SSI.
How To File For Social Security Disability Benefits In Hollywood, Florida
There are two ways you can file your Social Security Disability Insurance or Supplemental Security Income claim:
- Online: You can send your disability claim through the Social Security Administration’s website. They have instructions on what you need to submit when applying online.
- Via Telephone: The SSA also caters to disability claims over the phone. They have a toll-free hotline dedicated to claim-related concerns.
Our Hollywood, Florida Social Security disability lawyer can assist you with the application process no matter how you want to file the SSDI or SSI claim.
You Can Still Appeal Denied Claims
All is not lost if the SSA ever denies your disability claim. We can help you appeal the SSA’s decision. The appeals process involves:
- Asking the SSA to re-evaluate the decision on your claim: When your claim is denied, we can ask for a reconsideration. This could result in the approval of your claim, and we may not need to proceed with the appeals process any further.
- Attending a hearing with an Administrative Law Judge (ALJ): If asking for reconsideration does not result in the approval of your claim, we can attend a hearing with an ALJ. At the hearing, you can explain your case in your own words.
- Asking for an Appeals Council Review: If the ALJ denies your claim, we can move forward with a meeting with the Appeals Council. They will review your claim to determine if the judge made an error in their decision.
- Filing a lawsuit in Federal Court: We may decide to file a lawsuit for a judicial review of your case’s decision.
We will have 60 days to request for your case to be reconsidered. Our Hollywood, Florida Social Security disability lawyer can speak on your behalf when appealing to the SSA. Furthermore, they can review the claim to see what else it needs to prove your eligibility. You may need more evidence to strengthen your case.
The Law Offices Of Anidjar & Levine Is Ready To Help
Making ends meet when you have a disability can be a challenge for residents of Hollywood, Florida. However, the team at the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine understands your predicament and has years of experience handling claims. We are always available for consultation if you have problems getting disability benefits from the SSA.
Our Hollywood, Florida Social Security disability lawyer can review your claim to see how they can assist you further in receiving your benefits. To get started, call us for your free consultation.
We Can Help.