Hollywood, Florida, has a vibrant culture for both locals and tourists alike, especially in the downtown area. However, while pedestrians are encouraged to explore the city to enjoy its shopping and food districts, they can also find themselves at risk crossing major intersections like Federal Highway or navigating heavy-traffic areas like A1A or Collins Avenue.
If you or a loved one was injured while crossing the street in Hollywood, you may qualify to file a personal injury claim against the driver who hit you. A Hollywood pedestrian accident lawyer at the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine can file a claim against the liable driver for your injuries and other damages. The first consultation is always complimentary for injury victims and their families.
Which Streets Are More Dangerous In Hollywood?
Hollywood is one of the larger cities in Broward County and borders the east coast. Visitors often come to stay at the Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino in Hollywood since its iconic guitar hotel opened in 2019. They are also found roaming Dania Beach to enjoy some fun in the sun. Locals may spend a night out on the town or go through their daily commute on Hollywood Boulevard.
Still, certain roads and intersections may have high levels of traffic, which can be dangerous for pedestrians to cross, such as:
- Federal Highway/US-1 and East Dania Beach Boulevard/A1A
- Ocean Drive/A1A and Hollywood Boulevard
- Hollywood Boulevard and Federal Highway/US-1 traffic circle, including Tyler Street
- Hollywood Boulevard and State Road 7/US-441
- State Road 7/US-441 and Lucky Street/SW 54th Court
- State Road 7/US-441 and Seminole Way
Some factors might increase the safety risk on the roads mentioned. For example, Hollywood has issued various construction projects throughout the city on its major roadways, obstructing regular traffic during rush hours. Additionally, Hollywood is known for having multi-lane traffic circles, which can confuse drivers unfamiliar with the area.
For a free legal consultation with a pedestrian accidents lawyer serving Hollywood, 800-747-3733
What Types Of Damages Can A Pedestrian Receive If They Were Injured?
If you were struck by a vehicle while walking, you may qualify to receive compensation for the following types of damages:
- Medical expenses for current and future treatment necessary for your injuries
- Loss of wages for the time you could not go to work due to your physical limitations or going to doctor’s appointments
- Emotional distress, including psychological trauma caused by the accident
- Pain and suffering and inconvenience
- Reduced earning potential
- Diminished quality of life, including loss of enjoyment in former hobbies and activities (e.g., going to the beach and enjoying the nightlife in Hollywood)
- Permanent disability or physical disfigurement
You may qualify for other types of damages not listed here. Our team will discuss what financial recovery you may be entitled to claim in your case, then calculate an estimated value of your damages to know how much compensation to pursue.
Can A Surviving Family Pursue Compensation On Behalf Of A Lost Loved One?
Because pedestrians are vulnerable in their physical defenses against vehicles, many pedestrian accidents result in severe injury and/or death. The Governors Highway Safety Association (GHSA) released its 2021 preliminary data, noting that Florida had the second-highest number of pedestrian fatalities in the United States behind California, with 899 reported cases.
If your loved one passed away as a result of a collision with an automobile, you may qualify to file a wrongful death action to hold the negligent driver accountable. In this type of case, you can pursue damages such as:
- Funeral arrangement costs, including burial and cremation expenses
- Loss of companionship or consortium
- Loss of parental guidance
- Loss of financial support
- Medical debts left by your loved one
- Loss of inheritance
We extend our condolences to you and your family and hope to serve you in this time of need.
HollywoodPedestrian Accident Lawyer Near Me 800-747-3733
Our Pedestrian Accident Attorneys In Hollywood Can Manage Your Case For You
At the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine, we go the extra mile for our clients because we understand the demands personal injury cases can have on their lives. When you work with a Hollywood personal injury lawyer from our firm, our team provides responsive legal care that allows you to focus on your recovery.
Some of our legal services include:
- We provide direct communication to you: When you become our client, we give you your attorney’s phone number and provide frequent case updates, so you don’t feel left in the dark. We also respond to your calls and emails.
- We investigate your case to collect evidence: We take the reins and get the evidence we need to support your case, whether contacting the reporting law enforcement officer who wrote the accident report or interviewing witnesses to get their testimonies.
- We take care of personal needs: We can help you schedule medical appointments, then work with your physician to determine the severity of your injuries and how that might affect your case.
- We handle communications with the other party: Whenever the insurance company or the other party’s lawyer reaches out for statements, we can handle these messages for you to protect your case. Additionally, if the opportunity arises to discuss a potential settlement agreement, we can negotiate this deal for you.
- We fill out and submit paperwork for you: We will handle the legal paperwork for your case, including filing a lawsuit for you if necessary. We will also make sure to file within your case’s legal deadline, as outlined in Florida Statutes § 95.11.
Get Answers From An Experienced Attorney.SPEAK TO AN ATTORNEY NOW
Call The Law Offices Of Anidjar & Levine Today For A Free Case Evaluation
If you or a loved one was injured while walking in Hollywood, you may have grounds to file a claim or lawsuit against the at-fault driver. A Hollywood pedestrian accident lawyer from the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine can build a case to fight for your right to receive compensation. Our legal team advocates for pedestrians who were wrongfully put in danger by negligent drivers on the road.
Call our firm today for a free case review with one of our team members. We can answer any questions you might have about the claims process, then start setting up your case file today.
We want to put our knowledge, experience, and resources to work for you.SPEAK TO AN ATTORNEY NOW