Slip and fall injuries are unfortunately common. If another person’s negligence caused you or a loved one to sustain injuries in a fall, you might have grounds for legal action.
Our personal injury attorneys can help you recover compensation for your damages. We will work to negotiate a settlement on your behalf to cover your medical bills, extensive rehabilitation, and long-term disability after a serious fall. If you cannot return to work, we can also help you recover lost wages.
Our legal team offers free case evaluations to Hollywood slip and fall victims. Call us to speak to a slip and fall personal injury lawyer today.
How Serious Is a Slip and Fall Accident?
Slip and fall accidents are more serious than they may seem. Unintentional falls are one of the most common causes of death in the state, especially among Floridians aged 65 and above.
People of any age can suffer a slip and fall accident, though. Some of the most common scenarios that lead to fall-related injuries are:
- Broken sidewalks and pavement: A sidewalk is not just a walkway but a public space where people congregate. When someone trips over an uneven spot on the sidewalk, they could be injured by falling into a hole or other hazards.
- Unattended objects: Objects like furniture, stairs, and even animals can cause a fall if left unattended. This includes items like couches, tables, chairs, and small dogs.
- Slippery surfaces: People who live in Florida know all about slippery floors. Whether it’s because of spilled liquids or wet carpets, these types of hazards can lead to slips and falls.
- Inadequate lighting: Poorly lit areas can make it difficult to see obstacles that might trip up unsuspecting pedestrians.
- Poorly maintained buildings: Buildings with cracked floors, peeling paint, and missing handrails can pose a danger to anyone walking through them. These conditions can lead to slips and fall accidents.
- Loose rugs and unsecured floor mats: Rugs and floor mats can easily become tripping hazards when they aren’t properly secured.
- Extension cords in high-traffic areas: Extension cords can be dangerous when they are not properly placed out of the way. They can trip people who don’t realize there is something behind them.
- Stairs without handrails: Staircases should always include handrails to prevent falls.
- Lack of proper signage: Signs warning of potential dangers can save lives. In some cases, signs can warn people of hidden dangers before stepping onto them.
- Spills or water leaks: Water leaks or spills can quickly turn a dry area into a slick surface. This can lead to falls and injuries.
- Obstructions: Obstructions such as trash cans, mailboxes, and fire hydrants can block pathways and create hazardous situations for pedestrians.
- Potholes: Potholes can be extremely dangerous for pedestrians. If you have been hurt due to a pothole, contact our office immediately so we can help you get compensation for your medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, and more.
- Building and safety code violations: Building and safety codes are designed to protect everyone on the premises. When building owners fail to follow these rules, they risk serious injury to their tenants.
For a free legal consultation with a slip and fall accidents lawyer serving Hollywood, 800-747-3733
Injuries Related to Slip and Falls
These accidents commonly lead to a variety of significant personal injuries.
Common injuries include:
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs)
- Broken bones
- Hip fractures
- Neck injuries
- Back injuries
- Joint dislocations
- Spinal cord injury
- Body pain
- Internal organ damage
These injuries can lead to extensive hospital stays and mounting medical expenses that you may not have the means to pay, especially if the accident rendered you unable to work. After a serious fall, you may also face in-home care costs, rehabilitative care, lost benefits from work, and various other future costs.
That is why slip and fall accidents are so damaging. Our attorneys can help you hold the responsible party liable, so you receive the compensation you need to heal.
If you were injured in a Florida slip-and-fall accident, our lawyers could help you obtain compensatory damages for your losses.
HollywoodSlip and Fall Accident Lawyer Near Me 800-747-3733
How Can I Prove Someone Was at Fault for My Injuries?
Slip and fall accidents often occur as the result of someone’s negligence. In these cases, the victims have a legal right to pursue compensation. If that were the case in your injury, we would take on the challenge of proving that another person or company was at fault.
Florida’s premises liability laws place the onus of safety on property owners. This means that individuals or businesses that own property must ensure a safe environment for visitors. If a dangerous situation exists, the owner must make repairs or provide ample notification of a potential hazard.
If your injury occurred after a slip and fall on someone else’s property, we would prove that the property owner knew about the danger and failed to repair it before it caused your fall. Even if the property owner or manager was unaware that a tripping or slipping hazard was present, they still might have legal liability under the reasonable person standard.
Get Answers From An Experienced Attorney.SPEAK TO AN ATTORNEY NOW
What Is the Reasonable Person Standard?
The legal system uses the reasonable person’s standard in determining liability for a fall. This means that if a reasonable person had identified and addressed the unsafe condition that caused an accident, the property owner should have as well.
If we can show that the property owner in your case failed to act as a reasonable person would have in the same situation, we can hold them responsible for your injuries.
Hollywood Slip and Fall AccidentsYOU CAN TRUST US 800-747-3733
What Is the Potential Value of My Slip and Fall Accident Claim?
The nature and extent of your injuries and how long it will take you to recover will determine the value of your claim. The amount you are eligible for will increase if your injuries are life-threatening or you have sustained a long-term or permanent disability.
We will start calculating your initial settlement value by totaling your current hospital bills, doctor bills, other medical care costs, and your lost wages to date.
We will also add the estimated costs of future doctor bills, therapy and rehabilitation costs, future lost income and job benefits, and pain and suffering damages.
If necessary, we can bring in medical experts to testify to your prognosis and help establish your need for future care. We will not rest until you recover the full value of your damages from the at-fault party.
When Should I Call a Lawyer?
After a slip and fall, be sure you first seek adequate medical care. Then contact us immediately. We will get to work immediately collecting the evidence we need to prove your claim. That may mean taking photos of your injuries or the scene of your fall.
Our experienced slip and fall attorneys will look for existing surveillance footage of your accident and talk to any eyewitnesses who saw what happened. We may also call on resources such as doctors and accident scene reconstruction experts to begin building your accident liability case.
Our attorneys will protect you during settlement negotiations with the at-fault party’s insurance company. We will keep you from accepting an early, lowball settlement offer. We will also ensure you do not provide damaging information to the insurer that they can use to lessen or deny your claim.
Schedule a Free Case Evaluation With the Law Firm of Anidjar & Levine Today
If you or a loved one has sustained a serious injury in a slip and fall accident, you need an attorney ready to stand and fight for you. At The Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine, we will explore all legal options with you and ensure that you understand how each may affect your future.
We understand how difficult the recovery process is for fall injury victims. We offer free consultations and case reviews to help make this important decision easier for you and your family. Contact us today to speak directly to an experienced lawyer.
We want to put our knowledge, experience, and resources to work for you.SPEAK TO AN ATTORNEY NOW